Comic idea

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
stone_side

Comic idea

Postby stone_side » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:43 pm

Preview of a comic idea i've been toying with on and off and nearly abandoned a few times. Though might still just post the (inconsistent) roughs on here if that'd be anything you guys would be interesting in seeing? Most likely just the scenarios and not the whole story.

Here's one snippet of an ill fated plunge. What happens next? Did she land in thick peat, or treacherous horrible tar. Does she survive or not?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AWSands22

Re: Comic idea

Postby AWSands22 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:50 pm

I would be very interested in seeing more of this, roughs or otherwise. You have my attention!

UltraWarriorX367

Postby UltraWarriorX367 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:01 am

Very good Stone, you’re off to a great start. I like the imagery and desolate feel of the setting, that, along with the victim. Judging by her appearance I’m gonna say… jungle/tribal girl? Please continue this, I think May of us would enjoy the final product.

stone_side

Postby stone_side » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:12 pm

AWSands22 wrote:I would be very interested in seeing more of this, roughs or otherwise. You have my attention!

Thanks man, that means a lot from yourself. Your work is really awesome.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:13 pm

Normally one does not "plunge" into tar even though many artists imagine that scene. More like sinking a couple of inches and getting stuck like flypaper. Very thick stuff.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

ghostofmyeyes

Postby ghostofmyeyes » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:48 pm

AWSands22 wrote:I would be very interested in seeing more of this, roughs or otherwise. You have my attention!

Ditto.

Love your work, and am on team peat plunging!

stone_side

Postby stone_side » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:25 pm

Almost a year later. Still on and off this. Decided on peat for first victim. She'll put up quite the fight.
Got my tar fix on the second jungle hunter.
Story involves various jungle perils, plenty of sinks amongst other sticky situations. Might set up a patron for 'directors cut' extended segments and other sketches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheophiledeViau

Postby TheophiledeViau » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:27 pm

I’ve seen a lot of your previous posts. I like your works a lot, in no small part because of your use of women with some muscle on them! Keep it up, and good luck on your projects!

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:40 pm

These are fantastic! Your expressions and hair movement are really well done!
Either peat or tar works great for different reasons. Peat makes for some lovely, gritty, clumpy drippiness, while tar allows for great stretchy effects.
Whichever you choose, I'm sure it'll be beautiful in the end.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Return to “Drawings”