Mikuru, Ciel, Hinata, and Saint Tail Quicksand Quartet

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Lady Of Mud

Mikuru, Ciel, Hinata, and Saint Tail Quicksand Quartet

Postby Lady Of Mud » Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 am

A poll I had on deviantart made me think over a bit on what one of my new pictures should be, and this little idea came out of it! Let me know what you think!! ^_^

http://lady-of-mud.deviantart.com/art/P ... -122342851
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proudly Ignoring Quicksand Signs since March 31st, 2009 ^_^
My Drawings and Stories: http://lady-of-mud.deviantart.com

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Mikuru, Ciel, Hinata, and Saint Tail Quicksand Quartet

Postby PM2K » Wed May 13, 2009 5:33 am

I like! I like a lot! :D Thanks for sharing your art!

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 am

i love the one in pink :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 am

I've never known who any of these characters are, but I gotta say, that bunny eared-gal on the right is downright adorable. You drew her sinking very nicely.

Nessie

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri May 15, 2009 2:06 pm

The colours look pretty much inside the lines to me. And proper use of perspective would mean that the girls at the back would be significantly smaller, somewhat shortchanging those characters. The only way to get around that would be to have them all next to each other in a line or something.

Raidium

Postby Raidium » Fri May 15, 2009 3:47 pm

I think this looks great! You did good on the coloring and all the girls look great the way you drew them! Thanks for putting Hinata in there and for having me in that little side note, that was cool! Keep up the great work! ^_^

bebopotaku wrote:Um. My comment was removed, why? Personal opinions were requested. What I read was "Let me know what you think," not "Only respond if you like what I drew and are only going to suck my dick about it." I COULD'VE gone into DETAIL about what was terrible about it, but didn't feel the need. But, if you insist:

-little attention to detail
-generic, static style and posing
-lackluster coloring
-coloring not even in the lines (and not in the "used with creative license" kind of outside the lines, I just mean the "done in five minutes" kind)
-no regard for perspective

Seriously. I have a right to state my opinion, just as anyone has a right to post their work, especially if said opinion is asked for. Lady of Mud, I implore you to seek out classes or something to help hone and improve your style and skill.

Dude, you need to just chill alittle on this, ok? She is just starting on her drawings. She's still working on developing her skills. These things usually take time, we can't all be "AcidTesters" right off the bat as soon as we pic up a pencil. I'm sure she appreciates your feedback but please do it in a more politeful manner.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

http://raidium.deviantart.com/

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri May 15, 2009 4:39 pm

bebopotaku wrote:
quagmire_uk and Radium wrote:whiteknight whiteknight whiteknight whiteknight whiteknight

Look dude, I know it's the proper and nice thing to do to just suck everyone's dick over everything, never saying anything negative, but trust me, by exclusively praising something that clearly sucks, you're doing the artist a MASSIVE disservice, and I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that.

You have an opinion and you are entitled to it but we are a community of friends here. You can offer constructive criticism and still be nice about it without having to "suck everyone's dick." It might also be worth noting that there are a couple of pretty good artists offering praise so your opinion might not be the final word. If you are truly interested in doing some service to the artist you can offer more than a one word drive-by denigration of someone's effort.

We are here for each other. Not to provide anyone with target practice.

Let's all play nice in the future - Thanks. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Raidium

Postby Raidium » Fri May 15, 2009 4:40 pm

bebopotaku wrote:
quagmire_uk and Radium wrote:whiteknight whiteknight whiteknight whiteknight whiteknight

Look dude, I know it's the proper and nice thing to do to just suck everyone's dick over everything, never saying anything negative, but trust me, by exclusively praising something that clearly sucks, you're doing the artist a MASSIVE disservice, and I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that.

Ok, there is a difference between helpful criticism and being a dick and you obviously don't see the line drawn inbetween them. Yes, it's helpful to address somethings to them about what they can improve on but theres no reason you have to do it in a rude and disrespectful manner. Give people some time to develope there skills. You should award people on there efforts, drive and inibitions to want to create something rather then discourage them from doing it because you feel that there creations aren't build to your specifications. All I'm saying is that if you want to help them improve then do it in a way that doesn't sound so selfish. You don't have to "suck their dick" but you also don't have to deny them a hug. ^_^

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri May 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Let's get this discussion back on the subject of this thread please. If you want to discuss the proper way to comment on someone else's work then move to "Off Topic".
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Raidium

Postby Raidium » Fri May 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:Let's get this discussion back on the subject of this thread please. If you want to discuss the proper way to comment on someone else's work then move to "Off Topic".

I fully agree. I don't want L.O.M.s comments filled up with nonsense. ^_^

Return to “Drawings”