Rescue attempt

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Billie Bonce

Rescue attempt

Postby Billie Bonce » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Here is my new picture which is currently in W.I.P. state. I usually prefer to post only finished works, but this one comes out rather good, so now I post just a lineart. Coloring will be done later.
pulling upwards lines.jpg

It's not obvious without coloring, but it's a shore of a river. What we see close to us is water. Since nobody dared to walk there, there are no footprints, and the waves made the surface smooth. It looked like just an ordinary wet sand from above.

The girls planned to swim in the river. They had to strip off on top of the cliff to keep their clothes dry. Then the first of the girls jumped down to look if there is a convenient way to climb down and to climb back up. She had an unexpectedly soft landing. Instantly she plunged into soft mud to her hips.

Her friends grabbed her hands in desperate attempt to pull her out. Very soon they realized that they got themselves in a hopeless situation. They can't lift her up (the girls are not that strong, even without suction they wouldn't be able to do that), and they can't just drop her (as they believe if they do so she would be instantly sucked down to her doom).

Somebody!!!! Help!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

MadMax359

Re: Rescue attempt

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:10 am

oh, i'd be glad to help... but only after watching them for a bit.. maybe even waiting for one or both of the rescuers to slip and fall in too :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

MadMax359 wrote:oh, i'd be glad to help... but only after watching them for a bit.. maybe even waiting for one or both of the rescuers to slip and fall in too :twisted:
Then I recommend you to wait ;)
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:55 am

So few lines. So much expression!

Excellent work, Billie. It'll be great when it's finished but I can't see a thing about it that looks "unfinished" exactly as it is.

Nessie

jack c

Postby jack c » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 am

Good dilemma situation - will watch for future development!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 am

Love it! :D As always, a treat to see your work, Bille!

Return to “Drawings”