Don't Play Around Over There!

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Northerner

Don't Play Around Over There!

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah I drew the hot girl in quicksand, and quickly ruined the picture with her cranky companion.
You can think of them as "horny explorer" and "cranky explorer".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Northerner

Re: Don't Play Around Over There!

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:09 am

Oh I also drew this one.
It's been a while since I posted but I still have dreams of drawing awesome juicy quicksand comics some day... we'll see if I ever get that going.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:18 am

Never say never! ;) I enjoy your artworks and, in many ways, you have more art skill than I do. As an observation though, having cleaner lines will also go a long way to help you get to where you need to go. None the less, the sketchiness of your works make your style more unique to you, so its not like you couldn't make a quicksand comic right now! 8-)

And while I'm thinking about it, are you still playing around with that idea of girls in lotion or goo? Even though it's probably not considered sinking, I loved the images you did in that area as well. :D

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I know these are kind of rough and low quality pics, that is why I put "sketch" in the filename.

Yeah I'm still a fan of lotion play, you can expect more from me along those lines as well.

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Northerner wrote:I know these are kind of rough and low quality pics, that is why I put "sketch" in the filename.

Yeah I'm still a fan of lotion play, you can expect more from me along those lines as well.

Sketching is a great way to explore ideas and emotions before you start a major piece. I really like the last 'rough', she has a great posture and emotion conveyed in a simple way. You can also play with the viewpoint or perspective on a piece to tell your 'story' effectively. George Lucas commented recently in an interview that he has been letting Manga style influence his work on Clone Wars for this very reason. Static 'poses' in quicksand are common but you have already begun to advance beyound that. Keep up the good work!
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 pm

The second picture I drew reminded me of one of QSA's artworks, I think he has done some from a similar perspective.

One of my first goals is a website gallery featuring all of my past art.. estimated launch date: unknown.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 am

Northerner wrote:"Don't Play Around Over There!"

"I pay my taxes and I got every right to use these parklands! I help support this bog and I ain't gettin' out of it for a soul! Offended? Tough muck. Go on...go away. LEAVE. I said, GET LOST! GO DO YOUR DUMB OLD EXPLORER THING ON SOME OTHER TRAIL!"

Hey, if we all stand up for our sinky rights, maybe someday they'll realize that we're serious, and they'll set some boglands aside for us.

Nessie

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:05 am

Great stuff as always, Northerner! Thanks for sharing your art with us! :D

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them!
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 am

These are very nice! I like the second one, "Shocked," a lot. The pose offers a wonderful camera angle from behind and her expression makes this piece. I love how you have the mire gripping at her thighs and holding her fast as she tries freeing her right leg. Leave ya wondering if she's looking back at someone for help, or looking back to see just how far away from solid ground she is. The cattails are a nice touch as well. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Drawings”