New(?) From Pete B (M/F, nudity)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
pete1672
Always Remembered

New(?) From Pete B (M/F, nudity)

Postby pete1672 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 pm

As I get things together here, in an effort to be more participatory on the forum (and to use high-falutin' words while doing so...)
A long while back, Dave L reposted a lot of pics here that were from a portfolio thing I did back in the days of silent film called "Pete Boggs Goes To The Movies" ...I'd given some thought to doing a sequel (a movie sequel? How novel!), but this one based on "The African Queen" is as far as I got. Hope it's a new one to some of you out there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duncan Edwards

Re: New(?) From Pete B (M/F, nudity)

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:10 am

pete1672 wrote:..."Pete Boggs Goes To The Movies" ...I'd given some thought to doing a sequel (a movie sequel? How novel!), but this one based on "The African Queen" is as far as I got. Hope it's a new one to some of you out there

It's new to me and I like it. I remember watching The African Queen for the first time and wondering if we might get just a little lucky in the marsh scenes. Of course not but I knew Kate Hepburn was hiding a lot more under that petticoat than we got to see. As for a sequel to the Hollywood theme I can't imagine a better place to begin. Would you hit more classics or move time up to the modern age? One of my favorite themes is what you could do with Quentin Tarantino flicks? The Kill Bill graveyard scene with Uma Thurman? How did it really end in that fight between her and Daryl Hannah? What about the unshot Foxy Brown in Africa? And the Grind House pictures...oh yeah.

Disaster movies of the 70's? Tarzan remakes? (Bo Derek!) Blue Lagoon and Paradise combine to put Brooke Shields and Phoebe Cates in quicksand together. Think of all the Italian pictures and the bombshells that they put out there. Sophia Loren, Gina Lollibrigida, Claudia Cardinale...there were a bunch.

My favorite category all by itself - Andy Sidaris movies. I want to be him so bad when I grow up. There was the greatest untapped potential in the history of cinema.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Really looking forward to anything you might take a whack at. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:32 am

Dude you are such a pro. I did not believe you could really be Pete Boggs until I saw the other thread! Welcome to back the Internet, you are in good company!
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

TAP_bagan

Postby TAP_bagan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:05 pm

I have always wondered why this doesn't happen more often. Great Drawing Pete.
My Website: https://www.blubtopia.com/
My DeviantART Account: http://tapbagan.deviantart.com/
Discord Account: TAPbagan #4746
https://subscribestar.adult/tapbagan

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Breathtaking as always... :D

pete1672
Always Remembered

Postby pete1672 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 am

Thank you for the responses. Duncan you have some pretty good ideas, there; might have to ressurect the whole concept, thanks!

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 am

I think there's something about familiar characters that makes the art or the story a lot more fun. One of my favorite stories was Kaol's "Celebrity Quicksand Challenge" in part because I have pictures of who is involved in my head. Likewise your first references to Hollywood. Go with that. Wear it out. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 am

That's a new piece, Pete!

If you're looking for movies to consider, I've always considered Lisa Hartman's Quicksand Scene in Bare Essentials to be outstanding, although, as far as I'm concerned, not many features come close to Kristine Lynn's "White Bra and Panty Sink" in Young Woman, Deep Mud.

Thanks for sharing and thank you for what you do!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Victorian era rules, LOL! :D
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

QuicksandMania

Postby QuicksandMania » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Pete, your style reminds me of an old comic called "The Balloon Vendor":