Birthday animation for Zorah

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
flarestriker

Birthday animation for Zorah

Postby flarestriker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Here's a sprite animation I made for Zorah a few days ago. Finally decided to put it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by flarestriker on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

water_bug_62208

Re: Birthday animation for Zorah

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:38 am

These are great! Love how she's walking along, gets stuck, and sinks. The vain effort at trying to pull her legs free is a nice touch. The bubbles at the end finishes this off beautifully.

Thanks for sharing!

benmetal

Postby benmetal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:07 am

Wow, that's actually not bad. Before looking, I thought it'd be just an animation of a sprite just going into the ground, not really looking like sinking, you know? Just kind of cut off with a straight line that's supposed to represent the mud line, which doesn't look convincing at all. But when I watched it, I saw there were effects like ripples in the mud, a look of thickness, etc. Nice change of pace compared to a lot of the stuff like it, where little work looks to have been put in.

The only suggestion I have, and I think most would agree, would be to make it bigger next time. Not necessarily a higher resolution per se, since that would involve more sprite art work, but just bigger image size. The pixels would appear larger, sure, but as it is it's far too small to be appreciated. I had to zoom in to the max that my browser would allow in order to see it properly.

But yeah, not bad, keep it up.

flarestriker

Postby flarestriker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:43 am

I managed to triple the size of it. Hope it looks better. I think it does myself.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:00 am

Very, very cool! :D Thanks for posting it.

Return to “Drawings”