Ancient Art

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
AyaneMatrix

Re: Ancient Art

Postby AyaneMatrix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 am

Any artwork like this is great in my book, old or new.

Any chance that you'll be drawing or reposting your old works in the future? I'm not quite sure I've seen them all...

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 am

At first I wasn't impressed, but I clicked on it to make it full size and it is indeed a nice piece of work. :D

The forum shrinks the attachment to a more manageable size, but unfortunately in the case of this artwork it has added a sort of white pixellation which makes it look like it has been only crudely coloured, when in fact it is nicely coloured.

So, lesson to everybody - click on a picture and make it full size, before judging a work. :)

Raidium

Postby Raidium » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Well Im sure if it was posted before, its fine that its posted again because it looks pretty good! :D
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

http://raidium.deviantart.com/

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks for this Joe! I've always loved your art, ancient or otherwise, so this is a treat for me! :D

Thanks again!

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 pm

I had totally forgotten about saying this before, but in this image, it looks like the woman you drew is sinking into slime instead of mud or sand. It's not a problem for me as it makes the image more enjoyable! :lol:

Great stuff!

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:08 am

Well, this is a new piece to me as I've yet to see it posted by Kaol on his group or site. Looks like she's either calling for help or straining to pull her arms out of the mud... or both. :D

I do like the beauty and uniqueness of your hand-drawn art. The sinking sequence drawings are a treat.

Thanks for sharing!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:29 am

I love your series too... :D Just thought I'd add that...

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Jumpoff_Joe wrote:Here's an "earlier" one of the series. Wardrobe circa 1988?

Ah, very cool! This one, I believe, Kaol may have posted, but not at this resolution. Many thanks for sharing this, Jumpoff Joe!

SmileyMcDeath

Postby SmileyMcDeath » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:06 am

Jumpoff_Joe wrote:
AyaneMatrix wrote:I had totally forgotten about saying this before, but in this image, it looks like the woman you drew is sinking into slime instead of mud or sand. It's not a problem for me as it makes the image more enjoyable! :lol:

Great stuff!

It's a sucking, slurping, green scum-covered jungle bog of endless despair. ;)

It's a sucking, slurping, green scum-covered jungle bog of endless despair delights.

:lol:

/had to do it

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:07 pm

SmileyMcDeath wrote:
Jumpoff_Joe wrote:
AyaneMatrix wrote:I had totally forgotten about saying this before, but in this image, it looks like the woman you drew is sinking into slime instead of mud or sand. It's not a problem for me as it makes the image more enjoyable! :lol:

Great stuff!

It's a sucking, slurping, green scum-covered jungle bog of endless despair. ;)

It's a sucking, slurping, green scum-covered jungle bog of endless despair delights.

:lol:

/had to do it

:D Ah, yes both can be equally true, depending on the situation and the person sinking. Though, I prefer some dramatic stuff myself.

Return to “Drawings”