Back with a few more...by Mirador

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Northerner

Re: Back with a few more...by Mirador

Postby Northerner » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:39 am

Totally amazing as always, I like the last one, all of your armpit deep stuff has a very urgent and dangerous feel about it, probably because they are in such seemingly isolated locations.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Mirador

Postby Mirador » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:19 am

Thanks to all who have commented upon this month's offering. My posts are getting fewer and far between as I'm trying to up my game on the poser/vue front so I end up doing loads of abortive stuff. As you know, it can take me weeks just to get happy with the mud detail around the character so how that blends in with the mid to foreground terrains takes...a bit of doing. So you'll have to bear with me if I don't post as often as I might.

Where I can, I try to model my own clothes, but my own particular "interest" lies in waders. So these I create myself. It all adds to the learning curve. I abort 95% of my attempts ( I have some 490 test renders just sitting in my archives, languishing...) but at least now I can tell If one scene is "coming togther" or not and can sack it off earlier in development.

As ever though, my girlfriend ultimately has the final say as to which pics get posted. Ya gotta keep the gaffer happy ! LOL.

Again, thank you all for your comments and suggestions I'll be back soon I hope with a few more, but for now I'm off to work on a return to a Tar Trap scene, which I don't mind telling you is proving to be a bit of a pig...

Mirador

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 am

Mirador wrote:....but for now I'm off to work on a return to a Tar Trap scene, which I don't mind telling you is proving to be a bit of a pig...Mirador

Your tar scenes are awesome, as are these new ones. Thanks for posting. 8-)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Wow! The quality of these images is stunning. Thanks!
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 am

Mirador wrote:As you know, it can take me weeks just to get happy with the mud detail around the character so how that blends in with the mid to foreground terrains takes...a bit of doing. So you'll have to bear with me if I don't post as often as I might.

It's definitely worth the wait. Your attention to detail and realism shows. Your "mudscapes" are both beautiful and believable.

Nessie

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Thank you for your great work!

In this set I like the last one most of all. It's just breathtaking.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Return to “Drawings”