Alya the Unlucky vs Quicksand

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Billie Bonce

Alya the Unlucky vs Quicksand

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:13 pm

I just finished coloring of my old picture. Some people may remember the pencil drawing. However I have to explain the situation to all the others.

Alya is a nice girl having one feature - she often finds troubles. Usually she ends up stuck, helpless, and humiliated by her friends. Only some of her adventures are connected with quicksand, and I plan to post related pictures here. The complete story of Alya may be found at Fantasy Danger Island and at Deviantart.

Here is the story of how Alya met quicksand the first time. She and her two best friends (Galya, the brunette, and Valya, the blonde) were tanning on the beach. Suddenly Alya felt something wet under her. Before she realized what goes on, she sank butt-first into a little spot of quicksand. And her friends were able to walk safely around and to tease her! As Alya tried to get free her arms got stuck in the sand, too, and the poor girl became completely helpless. Her friends could not stop making fun of her with jokes and tickling (Alya is ticklish!). But when they finally tried to pull her out they realized that she is really stuck fast. The quicksand already turned into normal compacted wet sand. It took them two long hours to free her from the sand trap by digging the huge hole with bare hands.

How could that happen? As they discovered later, there was a water pipe under the sand. And the pipe gave leak just at the place where Alya sat. When owners of the nearby summer cottages turned on the pump to water their gardens, the water under pressure leaked from the pipe making very little but very hungry quicksand pit. And when they turned the pump off, the quicksand turned into normal sand, as it often does. Poor Alya just chose the wrong place.

That was the very first time when Alya's friends believed that she is really especially "lucky" in finding troubles.

butt-first_5.jpg

I plan to do a mini-comic of this. Stay tuned!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Raidium

Re: Alya the Unlucky vs Quicksand

Postby Raidium » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Oh Wow! Great work! I loved it back when it was just a sketch but now that u colored it... I just had no idea it could get any better. lol. Man I love her misadventures! If this is on DA then its getting favorited later tonight when im actually on my PC (on my phone right now). Thanks much for sharing this, love you work man! Can't wait for the minicomic!! :D
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it..."

http://raidium.deviantart.com/

UberGaijin

Postby UberGaijin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Very cute pic.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh, very nice! I like the texturing you've added to the sand and the blankets. And, yes, the ladies are all quite lovely. :D Thanks for sharing!

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Wonderful! Both, the idea and the execution.

Better luck next time, Alya! :lol:
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Zoe Mal Doran

Postby Zoe Mal Doran » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:03 am

Oh my Goddess. I thought the sketch was good but the brand new colour version is just amazing. This place doesn't do kudos does it? If it did, you'd have all mine. :D
This certainly seems to be packed full of jam... and quicksand. Oh dear.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:48 am

Whoa! Color really does make this pop right off the page, doesn't it? Thanks, Billie! :D

direction2002

Postby direction2002 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm

This pic is just an incredible artwork, well done and thankt for sharing ist with us.

AmSidar

Postby AmSidar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 am

Wow Billie when i saw your pencil sketch i never thought it would be this incredible when you color it.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Thank you very much for the feedback!
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Return to “Drawings”