Pick one for me...

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
some_writer_guy

Pick one for me...

Postby some_writer_guy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:04 am

I have four story ideas I've been working on. I've been too busy to put forth any effort in my writing, whether professionally or on here, but I will probably have time in the next week or so to be able to get one of these done. I'd like you guys and gals to be able to pick one of the ideas, and I'll do my best to get it up soon. I've wanted to do a desert quicksand scene with a strong female character for some time, and these are the four concepts that I've come up with.

1) CSI fanfic; A young, female off-duty police officer from another state is found outside of Las Vegas by a pair of hikers. Her body is buried mouth-deep in the desert. The CSI crew have to find out how somebody could have "buried" an armed, off duty cop in the sand. I think you guys know how it might have happened. Long, descriptive reveal at the end.

2) A female security contractor in the Middle East escapes an ambush that takes out her convoy. She then flees into the desert, and ultimately runs into a patch of wet sand between two sand dunes. Trapped, and with the enemy nearby, she sinks to her doom.

3) A young woman who dressed as a man to fight in the Civil War is separated from her Confederate cavalry company as they patrol in New Mexico. She rides into quicksand, and gets pinned to her worn saddle when a nail snags her pants. Horse and rider go under.

4) Somewhat racist "Minutemen" girl, patrolling the border. There's been a rainstorm recently, and fine, dry sand has washed into a tunnel on the border wall. Our main character walks into this pit, and sinks into the mud-filled hole. What follows is a grim scene involving quicksand, razor wire and Dario Argento-esque horror.

So which one does everyone want me to try to work on?

Athkore

Re: Pick one for me...

Postby Athkore » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:47 am

Hello. I vote for idea number 2, more into the idea of sinking than the other ones. The action of sinking is what matters, not the stuff in which she is caught. Good luck for your writing and developing your ideas !

Shrek_the_musical_54

Postby Shrek_the_musical_54 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:57 am

I like number 2 the best!
Better out than in, I always say.

stevensh12

Postby stevensh12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 am

Yh judging by the scenarios number 2 gets my vote

Mind you this isn't the first time I've heard about razor wire in a quicksand story
i'm just an idiot with a box and a screwdriver

some_writer_guy

Postby some_writer_guy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:26 am

Sounds like most people are liking number 2!

I'll give it till tomorrow, and tally the votes.

You mean to tell me that someone else had the idea of barbed wire/razor wire in quicksand? I thought it was just an unusual plot device I came up with. Nothing new under the sun, I suppose...

stevensh12

Postby stevensh12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:11 pm

some_writer_guy wrote:Sounds like most people are liking number 2!

I'll give it till tomorrow, and tally the votes.

You mean to tell me that someone else had the idea of barbed wire/razor wire in quicksand? I thought it was just an unusual plot device I came up with. Nothing new under the sun, I suppose...

Yh here's the link to the story for you
https://www.deviantart.com/vrekandis/ar ... -507291511
i'm just an idiot with a box and a screwdriver

some_writer_guy

Postby some_writer_guy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:14 am

Alright. It looks like the story of the security contractor wins by a landslide. I'll start work on it in the next day or so. Thanks for the input!

JSample

Postby JSample » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:00 pm

stevensh12 wrote:Yh here's the link to the story for you
https://www.deviantart.com/vrekandis/ar ... -507291511

That linked story was quite impressive in its level of detail.
Jason Sample

muddworg

Postby muddworg » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:01 pm

like the horse and rider if it slow enough my self

some_writer_guy

Postby some_writer_guy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:11 am

I'm working on the security contractor story right now. It should be finished in the next couple days. If I have time, I may do the horse and rider one sometime in the next couple weeks, if I have time. I don't have any important contracts at work right now, so I actually have a little down-time...for once. :roll:

Return to “Stories”