Stacy's Story

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
jack c

Stacy's Story

Postby jack c » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:05 pm

STACY.doc

This is my 5th story post - it's been a while. Already had this done before I read of the Halloween contest - maybe could have woven this one in that direction. Normally, I type my stories directly into the post - haven't had the computer access to do it this time, so I attached a WORD file. Hope you take the time to open and read.

It's another "awakening" story - a little different. Comments, plus or minus, are welcome. I'm not an art guy - this is the best way I can contribute.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Viridian

Re: Stacy's Story

Postby Viridian » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:01 am

I enjoyed reading that.

The intro initially felt a bit long-winded, but it set the scene really well and gave the character a more definite motive for looking for trouble compared to a generic plop-and-sink. I felt the sinking could have been extended more to balance the lengthy opening, especially during the 2-hour time skip. There was a bit of a rough transition to the end, but as usual you tied the story together nicely.

Very good work as usual, and thanks for sharing :)
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Viridian - thanks for the comment. The opening was long-winded - my fault because I'm the one who likes all those old movies, and I guess I just got carried away. Each of your comments is directly on mark for this story, but it was still a kick for me to write it. Look at a Google satellite of Quicksand Pond, and you will see the site I have described really exists. I really did grow up there, and the locations are real. But I appreciate your comments- on the mark. I always enjoy your writing.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:30 am

That had a satsifying, happy ending to it.

I thought it was interesting that you set it up to have Stacy progress into real quicksand from an interest in movies. I have often wondered if, had I not found others, my interest in (real, not fantasy) quicksand would have been pursued anyway, some way or another. Collecting mainstream scenes would have been the only way to feed this interest if it hadn't been for the Net, but would I have ever have made the jump from watching to doing -- or would I have just lived with watching scenes?

Nicely-written! She was mighty brave for her first sinking. Me, I took my mudpits on quite a bit slower than that. Her way makes for much better drama, though.

Nessie

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:09 am

Nessie,

Thanks for the gracious comments - it is an OK story - a little disjointed because I wrote and posted it in too short a time frame. Maybe you started out slow, but you certainly have exceeded this story line in your video experiences. Thanks again for the post.

Return to “Stories”