Halloween contest entry

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Demonxchaos

Halloween contest entry

Postby Demonxchaos » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:28 am

Okay, I finally finished my story, and it turned out to be much longer that I expected. But now that I'm done I'm going to be taking a nice little break!

Halloween contest entry:
A Special Halloween Treat
By DemonXchaos
“It was that time of year once again,” thought Tammy, a witch who lived out on her own on the edge of a swamp. It had seemed like just yesterday was the last Halloween, but time flies when you spend most of your practicing magic. Tammy was about 25 years old; she had dish-water blonde hair, sky blue eyes, and wore the traditional witches outfit, but didn’t like the hat much. She was just beginning to learn proper witch-craft. Tammy had left home to get away from her family and live by her own rules; she hated having a boss, which her parent’s tended to be most of the time.

When Tammy moved to the swamp she had always wondered what was waiting to be discovered, deep in the swamplands. Sometimes, when she was bored, she would venture into the swamp to see if she could find anything interesting. Tammy ran into quicksand several times in the swamp, and each time she found herself up to her neck in the gooey muck, she began to enjoy it more. It wasn’t long before she realized that she had a sort of “fetish” for quicksand.

Tammy never really had any problems living out on the edge of the swamp, or at until last year. On the last Halloween, Tammy had a couple of surprise visitors; a couple of teens from some school in a town very far from her home. They were dressed in the typical costumes worn by people on Halloween; she could tell by their voices that they were female; at first she thought they were lost, they were standing on the edge of her yard, and they started shouting “come out here and show yourself, you witch!“ Tammy just ignored their threats, and moved into a room on the other side of her house were the shouting wasn’t so loud. But when the teenagers had noticed she was ignoring them, they started picking up rocks and pelting her house, one rock broke through a window and smashed a few jars, and that is when Tammy got mad. She picked up the rock opened the door, and threw it back, hitting one of the girls in the shoulder. The teenagers then fled, screaming and panicking, as if they had been hit by some spell.

Tammy knew they would return again this year but, this time things would be different…

This time Tammy was going to have the last and only laugh. She had been planning this for a month or so, she had decided to lay a trap for those girls for when they returned. Though it had been difficult at first to decide on what kind of trap to lay, she didn’t want to kill them, just scare them off. She then decided to build a pool of quicksand in front of her house.

Digging the pit would be the easiest part; all she had to do was enchant a shovel to do the work for her. But the hardest part would be deciding on what to fill the pit with, she was still trying to decide between a regular quicksand or something a little more, devious. She pulled a book off of the top shelf of her bookcase, and laid it on the table. It was in an ancient language, its title translated into “The Tome of Quicksand.” Which was a book containing hundreds of pages of quicksand recipes. It was really hard for her to get, considering there was only one ever created. She skimmed through the pages looking for something interesting, but not deadly. Then her eyes stopped on one particular recipe, and a smile came to her face.

She had found it.

She read the title to herself, “Sensual Quicksand Surprise.” It was the perfect recipe; the book said it wasn’t dangerous, but the victim would find the peril to be unusually erotic. It was the perfect thing, “this will teach to punks to mess with me!” Tammy said to herself. She began to read the ingredients to the recipe, taking note on what she would need, she didn’t have several of the items, so she would have to buy them from the town nearby.

Tammy was apprehensive about going into town, she had heard the stories oh what had happened to some witches in Salem. So she would have to be cautious when getting the stuff she needed. “Okay, lets see…” Tammy said to herself “I will have to get some clay from the quarry, a shovel, and a little bit of silt as well.” Then she remembered she didn’t have any currency. This caused a problem, because she didn’t have the time to get a job in one of the local stores. Tammy would have to rely on a little charm and some magic.

Tammy walked down the side of the street in the middle of town, she didn’t fly in on her broom because if she did, it would be obvious that she was a witch, but since it was Halloween, many people were wearing costumes. She finally stopped to ask a passerby “hey, where can I find the quarry at?” “Oh it’s just outside of town, down that road to the left” the person responded, pointing down a road leading out of town. “Why?” The curious stranger asked, Tammy simply replied “I need to get a few more things for Halloween.” With a wave and a “goodbye!” Tammy began to make her way to the quarry.

Once Tammy had reached the quarry, she took a look around. There weren’t any workers there, they must have taken a break for the holiday. There were only a few guards; they would be easy to handle, with a little influence. Tammy pulled out a small necklace and put it on, and walked up to the gate. The guard at the gate approached her, and told her “this place is for workers only, I’m going to have… too….” His voice trailed off. The man was completely under her control, with the help of her special charm; with it she could seduce any one person of the opposite gender at a time. Now the guard was completely under her control. “So, how about you open that gate for me?” Tammy asked. “Certainly” the guard replied as he unlocked the gate and opened it for her. “Anything else?” the guard asked, “why yes, I need a bag of clay, shovel and a little bit of silt, if you can get some” Tammy told the guard. After a few minutes the guard came back, with all of the items she had asked for. “Oh, perfect!” Tammy exclaimed, “will there be anything else?” the guard asked. “No” Tammy told him, “I don’t need anything else” and with that, she walked away.

Back at her home, Tammy was busy making her quicksand. She had enchanted the shovel to dig the pit for her, and she was busy inside, preparing all of the ingredients. “Okay lets see…” Said Tammy reading the list out loud, “finely chop up the sandsnout flowers and add them to the elixir with the firebloom” She had been working for a half-hour, measuring ingredients and mixing them together, getting them ready for when it was time to actually make the quicksand. Humming a tune to herself, she continued to work diligently until everything was ready.

“I wonder how my shovel is doing?” Tammy thought to herself, she went out to check on it, and saw that it had already dug a pit almost five feet deep, and it was continuing to shovel out more and more dirt. “No, No, No!!” Tammy shouted in anger, “I wanted the pit over there!” But the shovel ignored her, and continued to shovel. “Alright just stop!” Tammy commanded the shovel, which instantly fell to the ground next to the large mound of dirt. “Okay, just get rid of this pile of dirt, I don’t want them to notice the quicksand before they get stuck in it!” The shovel slowly came back to life, and began shoveling the dirt into the lake behind her house.

Tammy then began to add the various ingredients into the pit, pouring in the clay, and slit, then the sand she got from a creek nearby, then the mixture she had prepared, as well as a few other things she had cooked up. The pit was almost full, she stirred it with a large stick she had found, and then added enough water to fill the pit almost to the brim. “Finally, it’s ready!” Tammy exclaimed, “now to play the waiting game” she thought, standing on the edge of the quicksand, staring down into it, “hmmmm maybe I should test it, just to be sure it works” Tammy thought, she stuck her big toe into the muck, it felt so good, and it was like it was almost sucking her foot in. She let the rest of her foot sink into the quicksand, but then pulled it out. “No” she told herself, “I have to wait.” Then she turned and went back into her house.
Later that night, Tammy awoke to the sound of footsteps outside her house. She immediately got up and went to investigate. Just as she expected, the same three girls were back and were walking across her yard, she watched from her window as they moved closer and closer to her trap, they were almost at the edge of the pit when…

They stopped.

“You guys, I don’t think this is such a good idea” said the youngest of the three, the others turned around. “Oh, okay if you don’t want to do this we can walk all the way back to the car, and go home.” One of them said, “r-really?” the youngest girl asked. Now that they were closer to her house, she could see them more clearly, the youngest girl looked about 18, had brown hair, and was wearing jeans and a white T-shirt, there was another girl, who was a blond with a red shirt and wearing a short skirt, and a girl with long brown hair, wearing a black shirt and tight black pants.

“Yeah Rose, if you’re too scared to do this, we can go home” added the girl with long brown hair. “Good one, Kim” said the blond girl, as she laughed, Rose cried “stop it Sarah!” This only made the two laugh more. “C’mon let’s go!” Kim said to Sarah. Then they both started walking closer to the edge of the pit, but then Rose called after them “I’m not scared!” The other girls stopped only a few steps from the pit, Rose caught up to them, “I’m not scared of some witch!” Then, Kim got an idea, “well if you’re not scared, why don’t you go first?” “Ummmmmmm…” Rose couldn’t think of anything to say. “Lead the way” said Sarah, stepping aside so that Rose could take the lead.

Rose then swallowed her fear, and took a few steps forward. This whole time, none of them had noticed the quicksand right under their noses. But it was too late. Rose stepped into the quicksand and sank up to her knees in the gooey mud. “Whoa!” she cried out in surprise, Kim and Sarah were laughing hysterically. “Help me!” She cried out, but they wouldn’t listen. “No way” Sarah said in-between laughs “this is just too funny!” Sarah hadn’t noticed that Kim had taken a few steps back and was standing behind her, Kim then pushed Sarah into the quicksand, “hey! You pushed me!” Sarah yelled at Kim, who was standing over them, “no way!” Kim joked, “you two look like you’re having fun.” She said. “Oh yeah, then why don’t you join us!” Sarah said as she grabbed Kim’s arm and pulled her in. “What the hell are you two doing?” Rose yelled at Kim and Sarah who were both up to their knees in the muck.

Tammy had been watching the whole thing, “wow, I never expected this to happen” she said quietly to herself, watching as the three were struggling in her quicksand trap.

Rose was trying not to panic, remembering an article on the internet that talked about quicksand survival. The quicksand was working her way up to her hips and she knew that if she struggled she would only sink faster. “We gotta get out of this” she tried to tell them, but they just ignored her. Kim and Sarah were trying to pull their legs out of the quicksand as it was slowly devouring their legs. “Yuck this stuff is so thick and gooey!” Sarah said. “Yeah” Kim agreed “my legs are stuck! I can’t get them out!” The quicksand began to suck the girls down faster; they were all up to their waists and getting deeper. Rose, who had been looking for a way out, had noticed a vine on a low-lying branch. She reached for it and was able to grab it with one hand. With the other hand, Rose reached to Kim and said “hey grab on!” Kim wasn’t listening to her; in fact, she was trying to make herself go deeper. “You know, this stuff feels kind of good” she said to Sarah, who was also starting to enjoy herself. “It’s so soft, and it feels so relaxing” Sarah agreed, the quicksand was up to her stomach, and she was working her way deeper. Kim then told Rose “I don’t want to be rescued right now, how about…. 5 minutes.” “WHAT?” Rose yelled back in disbelief. “This is no time for a mud bath, you two are sinking in quicksand!!!!” “Yeah I know” Kim responded “and I kind of like it.”

Rose was starting to sink up to her chest, so she pulled herself out of the quicksand and was standing on the edge. She stood there for a second watching the two girls sink up to their breasts in the bog. “What the hell has happened to you two?” Rose shouted at the girls, they closed their eyes and began to relax as the quicksand began to rise over their shoulders. “I better get out of here before something else happens!” Rose then turned and ran back through the swamp, watching her step the whole way.

“Now it’s just two of them” Tammy thought as she watched them through a window. “I wonder if they found their footing yet.”

The quicksand’s effects were beginning to wear off on the two girls as they relaxed up to their necks in the mud. Then suddenly, as if they had snapped out of a trance, they both began to panic. “What are we doing?” Kim shouted out. “We got to get out of this!” Then suddenly Sarah remembered “Rose! Where are you? Come back, please!!” “Ohhh, if only we hadn’t been so mean” Kim said. She looked around and then noticed the vine, which was dangling, right next to her, “he if I can get my arm out of this muck, I can grab that vine!” Kim said as she struggled to lift her arms out of the mud. “Come on, you can do it Kim!” Sarah cheered her on. “Yes!” Kim exclaimed as she freed her arms form the quicksand. She grabbed the vine and then reached her arm to Sarah, “grab on!” She told her. Sarah grabbed onto Kim’s other arm and then Kim pulled them to the edge of the pit, where they both climbed out.

“Whew” they both said at the same time, laying beside each other on the edge of the pit. “We were almost goners!” Kim said. “Yeah” Sarah agreed, “we should get back, it’s getting late and we should find Rose and apologize to her too.” Together, they got backed up and began to head back to their car, Kim stopped and glanced back at the quicksand that had almost claimed their lives, “I am never coming back here again!” Kim told herself.

Tammy watched them as they departed back the way they came. Sure that they would never return. Once they were gone, she hung her hat on the hook by the door and went out to the quicksand pit. She stared at it, trying to decide what to do with the new quicksand centerpiece in her front yard. But temptation was just too much; she stepped into the quicksand herself and let her feet sink into the ooze.

Tammy did not have to struggle against the quicksand to sink deeper, which was unusual because it was so thick. “Wow I’m sinking pretty fast” Tammy said as the quicksand swallowed her knees and began working up her legs. She was sinking much faster than the other girls and she was beginning to worry. However, as she sank up to her stomach in the quicksand, her panic soon faded away and was replaced by the relaxing feeling of the smooth mud. In a matter of minutes, the quicksand was up to her breasts and she was seduced by its spell, she closed her eyes and tilted her head back in as the gooey mud rose over her shoulders. “Wait a minute” Tammy said as the quicksand slowly made its way up her neck, “why haven’t I touched the bottom yet?” She began to panic as she sank up to her chin. “I know it’s not this deep!” She said. “Nooooooooooooooo-“she cried, but was cut off when the quicksand covered her face.

A few bubbles rose to the surface, then everything grew still.

Tammy had done everything correctly, the recipe was exact, and the ingredients were measured precisely. But she had overlooked a warning on the bottom of the page…
*important*
Excise caution when using this recipe. In rare cases, this type of quicksand has been known to suck victims under, even in seemingly shallow pits. The reason for this has yet to be known, but may have something to do with its seductive enchantments.
Improvise, adapt, and overcome all challenges.

stevensenechal

Re: Halloween contest entry

Postby stevensenechal » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Thank you for your entry! It will be listed on the voting poll on November 1st.
Arrakis trains the faithful.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:16 am

Very clever using a book of spells and ingredients for the quicksand. Neat surprise ending. Thanks for sharing!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 am

I like it! :D

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:01 am

That's certainly an interesting way of getting rid of pests :)
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 pm

I think a book of quicksand spells would be rather popular in certain section sof this community.

Thank-you for posting, and for having the guts to be the first person to enter the competition. Not a bad little story - short and sweet; and I'm impressed that you had the nous to set the reader up for a predictable ending, then twist things round a bit.

With my sternest critic's hat on I might point out that you can never do enough proof-reading. "Last halloween... a couple of teens," later goes on to become, "the same three girls." And you can't dig with a shovel.

But this is pedantry. I hope to see more stories from you.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 am

I'm posting to this in order to keep all of the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries together so they don't get scattered throughout the Stories Forum.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:43 am

Grouping the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries together so they're not scattered.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:52 am

Until 15 Nov 09, rolls around, I'm going to keep putting the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries on top and together to ensure all contestants get a fair look.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Grouping the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries together once again.

Return to “Stories”