Halloween Quicksand Story Contest: "The Baron Of Black...

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
water_bug_62208

Re: Halloween Quicksand Story Contest: "The Baron Of Black...

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:52 am

Until 15 Nov 09, rolls around, I'm going to keep putting the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries on top and together to ensure all contestants get a fair look.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Grouping the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries together once again.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 am

Grouping together the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest entries.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:29 pm

And I've finally got round to reading it - I read the stories in the order they were uploaded, in case you're wondering.

I must confess I was a bit confused by the ending - but it was an interesting story which you clearly put a lot of effort into.

Now, I'm going have to work out which story to vote for.....
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 am

Thank you!

Well, the Master didn't want Mickie dying in his realm and being some renegade female spirit of "equal" status "haunting" him for the rest of his "life" (keep in mind his era of "male dominance"), so he returns her to the real world in the UAV where she wakes up thinking it was all a dream just to find out it wasn't a dream and that perhaps she isn't quite as tough, fearless, independent, and invulnerable as she thought she was... that in fact she does need others and no longer wishes to be a loner as she has been... could call it a life-alterating event.

Anyway, I had fun writing this story... been wanting to write this story for some six years now... in fact, the contest and people's opinion of the story matters not to me... I had to write this... and I feel I'm a much happier person having written it... that's what this story means to me.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 pm

water_bug_62208 wrote:I had to write this... and I feel I'm a much happier person having written it... that's what this story means to me.

Beware - that way madness lies. I speak from experience.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Actually, it's when you don't express yourself through writing, drawing, music, dancing... choose your means of artistic release... that frustrations can build up to the point of driving one crazy. Then there are times when you have to do something constructive simply as a matter of principal... even if it only matters to one person while others stand there confused.

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 am

Being a month late in reading this, I didn't really get a chance to vote for this story. :roll: But man, was it a dozy! I thoroughly enjoyed Mickie's struggle in the sticky goop that The Master made to ensnare his victims and the cringe worthy moments behind her failed rescue from her friends and co-workers. All of this made for an excellent story.

Sorry for not reading this sooner water_bug! :oops:

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 am

AyaneMatrix wrote:Being a month late in reading this, I didn't really get a chance to vote for this story. :roll: But man, was it a dozy! I thoroughly enjoyed Mickie's struggle in the sticky goop that The Master made to ensnare his victims and the cringe worthy moments behind her failed rescue from her friends and co-workers. All of this made for an excellent story.

Sorry for not reading this sooner water_bug! :oops:

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. And, no worries... it was fun to write and it was something I've been wanting to write, so the fact you enjoyed reading it, and the fact the story was worthy for a possible tie for second, is more than enough for me.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 am

Finally got around to reading this one. Freakin' Awesome! :twisted:
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Stories”