Rachel Teaches Clarissa (PG-13)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
DJlurker

Rachel Teaches Clarissa (PG-13)

Postby DJlurker » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Time for another story featuring a certain mud-obsessed duchess... ;)

Rachel Teaches Clarissa
A Duchess and the Peasant Story
by DJlurker

Part 1- Basic Techniques

In the swamplands at the border of the land that the duke ruled over, two female figures were walking along an old animal trail, the leader dressed in a long cloak, while her companion wore peasant's clothes that showed off her legs, both wearing their hoods up to hide their faces.

Soon, the cloaked woman came to a halt nearby a wide pit of mud, the other stopping at her side. "We're here," the leader stated, pulling down her hood to reveal a cute face with hazel-colored eyes and freckles, her brown hair pulled up into a high ponytail. She was Rachel, daughter of the duke, who had a curious fascination with the unstable bogs.

"You're certain no one saw us?" Her companion fretted as she looked around, before pulling down her own hood, slightly curly reddish-brown hair, hazel eyes like Rachel's, slightly pointed nose and a few freckles, though less than the other woman. She was Clarissa, princess of the kingdom and Rachel's cousin, who normally wouldn't have been caught dead wearing such attire- but secrecy was of the essence now.

"You worry too much, Clarissa," Rachel chuckled as she removed her cloak, revealing the light-blue evening gown she usually wore for muddy outings, though she had eschewed the matching gloves this time. "After all, even if we had been seen, no one would have recognized you in that getup..."

"...I suppose not," Clarissa sighed, letting herself relax a little. "It seems your having a lowborn peasant for a boyfriend worked in my favor this once..." Indeed, the attire she was now wearing had once belonged to the mother of Rachel's boyfriend Thomas, though they no longer fit her comfortably due to her body shape having been altered by old age. For Clarissa, however, they fit just fine. "I would just die of embarrassment if we were discovered..."

"You needn't worry about that," Rachel assured her. "Most people are too scared of the sucking bottomless bogs to even venture out here, albeit for good reason."

"But that's why we're here," the princess said, "so you can teach me how to survive if I happen to blunder into a bog back home..."

"Indeed," the young duchess chuckled. "Well then, let us begin the lesson..." With that, she confidently strode toward the bog, briefly halting at the edge to test her footing, then stepping into the mire which immediately swallowed her feet. "Now, first things first, if you find yourself sinking, you should immediately try to lay flat on the surface and spread your weight..." Rachel promptly knelt down, before spreading her body and limbs flat on the surface. "Do you see? The bog cannot sink me into itself when I am positioned like this."

"Yes, I can see that," Clarissa nodded.

"Good. So once you're stable and calm, you can either try crawling along the surface, or roll like a dog to safe ground. Now, you try it, Clarissa..."

"A-alright..." the redhead agreed, hesitantly making her way to the edge, then putting one foot, then the other into the quicksand... quickly she knelt down, then fell forward, causing a little mud to fly about her from the impact. "Blech! I think some got in my mouth!" she complained, spitting to her side.

"But you are not sinking, correct?" Rachel pointed out.

"...it would seem so," Clarissa said, wiggling her body a little, the mire rippling but not taking her in. "I suppose it's not too different from laying on your back to float in water..."

"Precisely," Rachel chuckled. "Alright, let us crawl out to the deeper part..." She began to slowly pull herself forward with her arms, her cousin following reluctantly... "Just so you know, this bog is somewhat thick, so it is harder to sink and founder in here than other bogs..."

"But also harder to escape if you become stuck," Clarissa mused.

"True, but I am old hat at this by now," the duchess responded with a chuckle, before coming to a halt. "Actually, this quicksand is thick enough that you might just be able to run across without sinking in. After all, when you thought Thomas and I were foundering that one night, you managed to get a fair distance running before your footing gave out..."

"Please, do not bring up that incident again. That was so embarrassing, being deceived by the maid like that..."

"Indeed, the torturer got some good exercise with his lash due to Melissa's prank," Rachel stated. "I highly doubt she will pull another stunt like that anytime soon..." She then sat up on her knees, the quicksand beginning to swallow her legs as a result. "Anyway, let us continue with the lesson. If you find yourself sinking too deep to lay flat, you must not panic. And do not try to push up with your arms, for they will simply sink in and become stuck, leaving you effectively helpless."

"Right," Clarissa grunted as she also sat up, holding her arms level with her chest as the bog started to take her in as well. "As long as I stay calm, I cannot sink all the way under, right?"

"Correct, but also as long as you don't carry anything heavy," her cousin advised, the mire now reaching up her ribcage. "You should stop sinking at about chest or armpit-deep at her worst..." As she said this, the thick mud began to fondle the duchess' slight bosom, causing her to quiver slightly, closing her eyes and letting her arms rest upon the moist surface.

Princess Clarissa took deep breaths as her waist was swallowed by the bog, then her stomach... the redhead gently braced her arms against the surface, but did not push down, remembering Rachel's advice... She then heaved a sigh of relief as her descent stopped, her own bosom now resting atop the mud. "Phew... so, now what? ...Rachel?"

"Hmm...? Oh, uh..." the duchess shook herself back to full awareness. "Ahem... sorry, I was distracted. Anyway, once your position is stable, you should lean back and try to bring your legs up- slowly, no quick movements. Then you should backstroke to solid ground, if you can. I should mention that having a long, sturdy stick will aid you quite well in escaping, by using it as an anchor of sorts..."

"I see..." Clarissa nodded, before suddenly pushing her arms down into the quicksand. "Oh no, I hast become helplessly stuck! Won't a brave knight come to save me?!" She half-heartedly wiggled in her mucky entrapment, causing the surface to ripple slightly.

"Clarissa, you silly girl!" Rachel giggled, before pushing her arms into the mud as well. "Curses, I am trapped by the quicksand as well! My darling Thomas, please come and save me!" Her freckled face flushed a bit as struggled, feeling the thick mud resisting her movements, sucking on her trapped arms and legs, massaging them with its gritty texture... "Ah, but there are at least far more painful ways to perish..."

"I can't argue that," Clarissa sighed as the mire sucked at her body and gently fondled her bosom from beneath.

"But you know how to free your arms if they become stuck, right?"

"Yes, of course," the princess nodded, using slow sideways movements to bring her arms up... soon her mud-covered hands emerged, Clarissa partly wiping them off.

"Anyway, I think that will do for the basics," Rachel said, taking a breath to re-focus her mind. "Now, if you would permit me, allow me to demonstrate some more advanced techniques..."

*To be continued...*

Stay tuned for Part 2- Advanced Techniques! ;)

stevensh12

Re: Rachel Teaches Clarissa (PG-13)

Postby stevensh12 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:58 pm

Good 1st part can't wait for it to continue I now love reading about lady Rachel
i'm just an idiot with a box and a screwdriver

JSample

Postby JSample » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:46 pm

Looking forward to reading about Rachel's advanced techniques! :)
Jason Sample

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:55 am

2nd period is now in session... ;)

Rachel Teaches Clarissa
by DJlurker

Part 2- Advanced Techniques

"...Advanced techniques?" Princess Clarissa pondered. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, imagine this scenario," Rachel began. "You are being chased by a band of ruffians with ill intent, when you by accident blunder into a deep bog. At this point, there are conceivably only two outcomes- either you perish in the quicksand, or the ruffians pull you out and have their way with you, neither a desirable end."

"So what would you do in that situation?" Clarissa inquired.

"That's simple," the duchess-to-be smiled, "I would deceive the ruffians into thinking that I foundered in the muck, but not really."

"Somehow, I don't believe that you could hold your breath very long beneath the surface of the mud," her cousin pointed out.

"You're right," Rachel agreed, "but what if you sank under in a way that your mouth was still able to breathe?"

"...Very well, show me," the redhead assented.

"All right, watch closely," Rachel said, starting to pull herself deeper, the quicksand breaching her gown and flowing into her cleavage, causing her to shiver briefly... then the thick mire slowly closed over her shoulders, rising up her neck... the brunette stopped when she was chin-deep, her head tilted back a little as she breathed heavily, her eyes closed.

"It seems harder to draw breath already," Clarissa observed.

"Yes," Rachel gasped out, "A little bit... just... give me a moment..." Taking a deep breath, she immersed her closed mouth beneath the surface, then inhaling one last breath through her nose before it also submerged, her eyes, forehead and hair quickly following, though her ponytail stuck up somewhat comically before eventually being pulled under as well.

The redhead princess watched the spot where her cousin had vanished closely, fear briefly welling up in her heart as a few bubbles popped in the mire... (No, no, this is surely part of her technique to fool ruffians...) Then, another bubble, but this one seemed to leave a sizable air pocket behind on the surface... but as Clarissa looked closer, she realized the 'air pocket' had teeth, and was slowly sucking in air... "Ah, now I see," she spoke to herself, somewhat relieved. Waiting about 20-30 seconds, seeing Rachel's exposed mouth slowly inhale and exhale, Clarissa then pulled her half-submerged arms up and out, slowly swimming forward...

Eventually, she got close enough to gently poke at Rachel's lower lip with her finger, causing a minuscule amount of muck to slide into the duchess's mouth... Rachel grunted, making a swallowing sound before her head rose back up, covered in a thick layer of mud. Clarissa then reached over to help her cousin wipe off her face until she was at last able to open her hazel eyes again.

"So," Rachel gasped as she worked herself back up to chest-depth, "you saw how I did that, right? If a ruffian had been watching from the shore, he surely would have believed that I had foundered in this bog..."

"Indeed," Clarissa agreed, before a thought occurred to her. "Oh no... I suppose you want me to try that now..."

"Well, of course," the mud-covered duchess-to-be smirked. "But you needn't fear... if you accidentally sink yourself too deep, or you feel you need help, just stick your hand straight up into the air, and I shall pull you back up, all right?"

The princess bit her lip for a moment, before nodding. "V... very well. Hooo..." She closed her eyes and breathed deeply to calm her nerves, before pushing her arms back into the thick mire, then slowly pulling up, which resulted in her sinking down, her slight bosom consumed, then her shoulders... she briefly quaked with fear as she felt the quicksand rise up her neck and cradle her chin. Opening her eyes, she saw Rachel giving her a reassuring smile, her left hand within easy reach. Calmed somewhat by this sight, Clarissa pushed her head deeper into the mud, feeling her curly red hair billow around her upturned face... It was indeed a bit harder to breathe now, with the muck pressing against her bosom... (Okay, let's get this over with,) she thought, swiftly pushing her head beneath the surface, feeling the thick mud close over her face, sending everything into total darkness, unable to see, unable to hear anything but the mud moving past itself, and her own heartbeat thumping in her ears... (I don't care what Rachel says, this would be a frightening way to perish...) Clarissa then started to push her chin back up, wiggling her head a little, feeling the weight on her face lessen slightly... then she exhaled a little, feeling some muck slip into her mouth, wiggling a little higher, then feeling the surface breach, allowing her to draw in fresh air! (Phew, that was close...) The princess remained in that position, gasping in air, until she felt something poke at her chin. (Rachel...) Closing her lips, the redhead managed to push her head upright, feeling the thick quicksand falling off her face in sheets. "Ptooey! How did I do?" she gasped out.

"Your chin was too high!" Rachel raised her voice to ensure her mud-caked cousin could hear her. "But do not despair, I did not get it right the first time either!"

"Hah... I assume that peasant Thomas acted as your spotter?"

"Who else?" the duchess chuckled. "Catch your breath, and then try again..."

"Alright," Clarissa assented, not bothering to wipe the mud from her face as she slowly sank down again... This time, she went under with her head relatively upright, before tilting it back as she pushed up with her arms. Expelling a little air, the princess tasted some mud as it slipped into her mouth, resisting the urge to spit it out... Then she realized she could actually suck in some air, adjusting her head's position, to keep more mud from slipping inside... swallowing the muck in her mouth, Clarissa then concentrated on slowly inhaling and exhaling, keeping her lips over her teeth... (Well, now that I can breathe, this is actually not so bad,) she mused. (I can certainly see how Rachel enjoys herself... she isn't poking my chin this time, so I must have done it right...)

Clarissa slowly counted to 20 in her mind, moving her legs and feet slightly to keep them from becoming too chilled in her mucky cocoon... then she thrust her left hand into the air, which was promptly grabbed, the redhead feeling the quicksand slide off her head as Rachel pulled her up... She had to spit out some mud that got in her mouth as her cousin wiped off her face, until she was at last able to open her eyes again, beholding Rachel's own mud-covered face. "So," she gasped out, "how did I do?"

"Quite well," the brunette smiled. "I dare say no usual thief or ruffian would believe that you had not perished in the sucking bog..."

"Ah, good," Clarissa sighed in relief, the two cousins shifting into a close embrace, their bosoms gently pressing into each other. The princess could not help but sigh in contentment as she rested her head on Rachel's shoulder, feeling the quicksand sliming and squishing around the duo...

"It seems you've taken quite a liking to wallowing in the mud," Rachel gently teased.

"Only because I know that you know what you're doing," the princess retorted. "I would dare not try to sink in the quicksand by my lonesome... not by choice, anyway."

"Well, as long as I remember what I taught you, you shouldn't have much to fear," her cousin stated. "Although, if you fall in quicksand wearing one of your frilly dresses, I fear the muck would soak into all those folds and drag you down with fatal results. So you should try to remove yourself from said dress as quickly as possible should that ever occur..."

"I... I shall try to remember that," Clarissa grunted, briefly shivering in fear at the thought. "A-anyway, shall we proceed to the edge of the bog? My feet are becoming uncomfortably cold..."

"Yes, mine as well," Rachel agreed, the two women separating as they began to half-crawl, half-swim back to solid ground. "Of course, you are welcome to join me for a wallow in the quicksand anytime, should it strike your fancy..."

"What if you are having a private moment with your peasant lover?" Clarissa asked with a smirk.

"Ah... well, th-that is a whole other matter altogether," the duchess grunted, grateful for the mud covering her suddenly red face...

*To be concluded...*

Stay tuned for the last chapter- 'Final Examination'!

JSample

Postby JSample » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:17 pm

It seems that Clarissa is learning her lessons well... :)
Jason Sample

stevensh12

Postby stevensh12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:52 am

I said it before and I'll say it again these stories are magnificent can't wait for the final part
i'm just an idiot with a box and a screwdriver

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 pm

I know it’s been a while, but coronavirus threw things a little out of whack... the last part is in progress, it’s just gonna be a bit longer before I finish/publish it. Please be patient. :ugeek:

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:25 pm

Well, I had some unexpected free time on my hands today, so here you go! :D

Rachel Teaches Clarissa
by DJlurker

Part 3- Final Examination

*A few months later...*

Clarissa ran through the forest, her bosom heaving with breath as she tried to keep ahead of her pursuers, grateful that she wasn't wearing a frilly dress that would have hindered movement of her legs... instead she wore a slightly more conservative green dress with poofy shoulders, the skirt only going down to her calves. She had long since shed her footwear, though part of her regretted such a choice as she felt sticks and stones stabbing into the soles every few steps...

(I knew that advisor was up to no good!) she thought as she continued to run. Indeed, the quartet of men currently chasing her were employed by said advisor, who had apparently ordered them to make her 'disappear'... however, Clarissa knew much worse than death awaited her if they got their hands upon her... (I would not be surprised if they have deflowered other women in the past...!) But she was starting to tire, and she knew she had to think of something soon, or else... The redhead abruptly screeched to a halt as a wide mud pit blocked her path! (Curses, they'll catch me for certain now... no, wait, I just remembered!)

"Damn, that princess is faster than I gave her credit for!" one of the four thugs grunted as they worked through the forest.

"Just be careful, I hear there's a bottomless bog around here," the leader of the group said. "Watch your step!" Not long after he said that, though, a high-pitched scream echoed from nearby!

"There she is!" The ruffians ran toward where the cry had originated, stopping short upon seeing Princess Clarissa mired past her waist in the center of the quicksand pit!

"Oh no! We have to help her!" the youngest of the group cried, only to get held back by the others.

"Don't be stupid!" another thug yelled. "You wanna join her gettin' buried alive?!"

"But...!"

"Oh, sure! You perverts just go ahead and watch me!" Clarissa screamed at them, twisting this way and that, causing the quicksand to take her down deeper and deeper, until it reached her chest! "Ugh, don't fondle my chest like that, you disgusting mud!" She tried to shove herself up, only for her arms to swiftly sink in past her elbows! "Ugh, let go!" She grunted as she tugged at one arm, then the other, her face flushed from apparent exertion... But as the bog sucked her down further, reaching for her shoulders, her indignation was swept away and replaced with fear. "No! I can't die! Not like this!"

"I cannot watch this!" the youngest thug covered his eyes in distress. The other three were stone-faced as Clarissa continued to sink to her doom...

"NO! HELP! SOMEONE, PLEASE!" she screeched as the mire lapped at her chin, tilting her head back to delay the inevitable. "I DON'T WANT TO BE BURI-Bblblblblubbubbleblubblub..." A muddy hand broke the surface briefly, before following the last of her red hair into the depths of quicksand... another burst of bubbles, then nothing.

"...and that's it. She's foundered," the head ruffian observed.

"Hey, look on the bright side," another thug tried to assure the youngest, "we got the job done, and we didn't even have to get our hands dirty- er, bloody."

"Wouldn't have minded havin' some fun with 'er first," the last thug lamented. "Ah well, what's done is done..."

"Yeah, let's get back to the boss and tell 'im what happened," the leader agreed, the group turning to leave, though the youngest couldn't help but glance back at the mud pit one last time, seeing no trace of the princess, save one last air pocket...

But had any of the thugs been able to get a closer look, they might have seen that said air pocket had a tongue and teeth, slowly sucking in precious oxygen... It had actually been easier for Clarissa to get into the proper position, as this mud wasn't quite as thick as the stuff she and Rachel had 'practiced' in. The princess slowly counted to 30 in her mind, before pulling her head up and out, spitting as a little muck slipped into her mouth. The muddy hand from earlier re-emerged, wiping mud out of her eyes until she could open them again, a triumphant grin spreading across her face as she observed that the thugs had taken their leave. (They fell for it! Hook, line and sinker!) Clarissa couldn't help but giggle in relief as she worked herself back up to chest-level, then leaning back and taking a short rest, sighing as the quicksand gently slimed around legs and lower body...

*Later, back at the castle...*

"Yes, I'm afraid it's true," the advisor lamented as he and the thugs stood before the king and queen. "By the time my subordinates caught up, the princess was already doomed to sink in the quicksand... such a tragedy."

"Oh, my poor daughter...!" the queen sobbed in despair, crying into her hands. "Why...?!"

Seeing the older woman's weeping caused something to snap within the youngest ruffian. "I cannot take it anymore! Your Majesties, I confess! The advisor told us to dispose of your daughter by any means necessary! I beg forgiveness!" He threw himself to the floor, crying like a lost child, despite the other thugs yelling at him to shut up.

"O-oh dear, it seems this one has been driven mad with grief!" the advisor stammered. "Seeing such a young woman perish would be hard on anyone's nerves..."

"On the contrary," a familiar voice spoke up, "it would seem he is the only one of your group to possess any sort of conscience." Everyone in the room looked over to see none other than Clarissa herself, covered in a layer of mud but very much alive!

"Clarissa!" the queen gasped in joy and relief.

"Oh, Thank God!" the youngest ruffian cried.

The advisor gasped in shock, while the head thug yelled, "How in the hell-?! We saw you breathe your last!"

"You saw exactly what I wanted you to see!" the princess laughed. "How fortunate for me that I have a cousin who is fascinated with sinking in the mire, and thus showed me how to survive in quicksand while making it look as if I foundered!"

"Guards! Seize these men!" the king ordered, the treacherous advisor and thugs quickly finding themselves surrounded on all sides! "Have them taken to the dungeons to await execution for attempted murder!"

"A moment, Father!" Clarissa held up a hand. "Seeing as this one has already confessed and shown remorse," she gestured to the youngest, "perhaps you could show him some mercy?"

"...very well. Have this one put in the stocks for now. We shall decide his fate later!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!" the guards obeyed, leading their prisoners out of the room as the queen ran up and embraced her daughter.

"Do you not care that I am all dirty, Mother?" Clarissa chuckled as she returned the embrace.

"As long as you are alive, that is all I care about right now!" the queen sighed. "Please, never scare me like that again..."

"Yes, Mother. I'm sorry that I worried you..."

"Well, might I suggest you two head to the baths as soon as possible?" the king suggested with a smile. "It would not do for both of my favorite women to catch cold, now..."

"Of course, Father," Clarissa assented, she and her mother promptly walking off together...

*To be concluded...*

OK, so I lied, there is one final epilogue... stay tuned for 'Summer Vacation!' ;)

JSample

Postby JSample » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:22 am

Good to see Clarissa put her lessons to such good practice... and might there be a future for her with a goodhearted young ruffian?
Jason Sample

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:26 am

And here's the final part! Enjoy! :)

Rachel Teaches Clarissa
by DJlurker

Epilogue- Summer Vacation

"And that's how I fooled the advisor's thugs into thinking I foundered in the bog!" Princess Clarissa declared with a grin, leaning back slightly in the thick mud pit. She was dressed in nothing but a modest brassiere and undershorts, feeling the quicksand massaging her body, sucking on her trapped arms and gently fondling her bosom.

"That must have been quite frightening though, being chased by those thugs," Rachel commented, sunk to the same depth in her usual gown and opera gloves.

"Oh, yes, it was," the redhead agreed. "Thank heaven for that bog being there, or they would have had me for certain..."

"S-so... what happened to that advisor and his thugs?" Thomas the peasant inquired, wearing nothing but his own undershorts as he wallowed in the muck with the noblewomen.

"All were sentenced to death and beheaded, save the youngest," another voice spoke up. "Seeing as he confessed his crimes and showed remorse for his transgressions, he was instead sentenced to a year of forced labor." The three turned to see a familiar face lounging at the edge of the bog, dressed in naught but a simple cloth nightgown, though this did little to diminish the woman's regal aura, due to her short graying hair being perfectly styled and combed, her face betraying little wrinkles despite her middle-age, save for some laugh lines around her lips. Her hazel eyes and slightly pointed nose made her relation to the princess quite obvious...

"I cannot believe you deigned to join us out here, Mother!" Clarissa groaned in embarrassment. "I told you that Rachel and I are perfectly capable of handling ourselves in here...!"

"If it's any consolation, Your Highness, I am just as embarrassed as you are, or very close," Thomas muttered, his face slightly red.

"Oh, come now, don't be like that," Queen Clarice shook her head. "Trust me, there are far worse vices to indulge in than wallowing in the bog..." As if to accentuate that statement, she promptly sat up and dipped her legs into the mud herself... "Oh my... that's quite the strange sensation."

"Y-you don't have to come in here with us, Auntie...!" Rachel tried to dissuade her.

"Pish tosh! A little mud isn't going to kill me," the queen responded as she pushed off the edge, shivering a little as her buttocks and upper legs vanished beneath the bog. Bracing her hands on the edge, Clarice twisted and squirmed, her bosom heaving with heavy breaths as she slowly sank down, until said bosom rested upon the quicksand's moist surface. "Oh my... this is..." Her eyes slid shut as her body quaked again... "Mmmm... no wonder you've taken a liking to this, Rachel... phew..." The queen let her head fall back as she relaxed in her muddy encasement...

"W-well, I'm glad th-that you like it, Aunt Clarice..." the young duchess stammered a little.

"N-never in a hundred years did I think that I would be relaxing with Her Majesty in a quicksand pit..." Thomas grunted in disbelief.

"I know that you are but a peasant, dear Thomas, but you should stop acting as if I am going to have your head lopped off or something," the older woman sighed in mild irritation. "Actually... do you want to know a secret?"

"W-what's that?" Thomas forced himself to look the queen in the eye.

"I'm actually adopted."

"...Mother, that's not really a secret," Clarissa shook her head. "I've known that for a while now..."

"Ah, but what you don't know are the circumstances," Queen Clarice said with a slight smile. "You see... the man that I now call Father lost his wife when she gave birth, and the baby was taken by illness not long after, leaving him with no heir to his title or property. But one day, as he wandered the streets in grief, he came upon an unexpected opportunity... a poor young girl who had just lost her own mother to illness, surely headed for a short and miserable life of prostitution... had not that nobleman decided to take said woman as his new daughter."

None of the three could believe what they had just heard... "Y-Your Majesty, you mean...?!" Thomas stuttered.

"That can't be!" Clarissa cried in shock, sending ripples across the surface of the bog. "A street urchin? You?! You jest!"

"I jest not, daughter," the queen's face and voice turned stern. "I speak the truth."

"But...!" the redhead princess shook her head in disbelief. "Mother, I have always seen you as the pinnacle of nobility...!"

"That is because my father taught me well," Clarice retorted, "in the ways of etiquette and noble mannerisms... to the point that only his closest confidants had any inkling of my origins. Of course, I still had the tendency to speak forthrightly and honestly about my opinion on matters... a quality your father found desirable in his wife-to-be."

"D-does His Majesty know about this...?" Thomas spoke up once more.

"Of course he knows. And it matters not to him, he loves me all the same," the queen replied with a smile. "So you see, dear Clarissa, you should not be so quick to turn your nose up at the lower classes, given that you are halfway descended from them... after all, they are all born from a mother's womb like we are."

"That's exactly what Mother says!" the peasant gasped.

"A very wise woman your mother is, then," Queen Clarice chuckled.

"I cannot disagree," Rachel nodded. "I know there was a time that I was almost as bad as Clarissa when it came looking down on the peasants..." She slowly shifted closer to Thomas, wrapping a gloved arm around his waist beneath the quicksand. "...but I am glad to have been disabused of that notion." The brunette gently rested her head on her lover's shoulder, the blond peasant instinctively relaxing a little in Rachel's embrace.

"...Yes, you two do seem make a cute couple," the queen nodded in approval. "Don't you think so, Clarissa?"

"Well, it would be folly to deny what my cousin's heart desires," the princess allowed. "Your point is well-taken, Mother... clearly the apple falls not far from the tree after all. That being said, do not expect me to fall head over heels for a lowborn anytime soon..."

"Oh really?" Queen Clarice smirked slyly as she leaned forward, letting her forearms and bosom slip halfway into the mire's embrace. "Do you think that I have not seen you gazing upon that young ruffian longingly as of late?"

"Ohh, has she really?" Rachel turned to look at her cousin with a knowing grin.

"Mo-therrrr!" Clarissa blushed deeply again, pulling her arms free so she could cross them over her chest. "D-don't be so presumptuous! I am merely keeping an eye on that fool to ensure he does not try anything funny! After all, he was part of a group that tried to murder me, so I think I am well-justified here...!"

"Never say never, dear daughter..." the elder woman chuckled as she leaned back in the quicksand, letting her head rest on the edge of the pit...

*One year later...*

(Damn you, Mother, you were right,) Princess Clarissa thought to herself in resignation, sitting on the lap of the young ruffian, her right hand clasped in his left as they shared a romantic kiss in the moonlight... (But only because he's the only one who desires me not for my title or my body...) And if anyone thought she was going to take a mud-bath with him, they had another thing coming...

~*Fin*~

And that's all, folks! Hope you liked reading the story as much as I liked writing it! 8-)

Return to “Stories”