Mahiru Kozumi's Sinking Surprise

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
UltraWarriorX367

Postby UltraWarriorX367 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:30 am

A Danganronpa QS Fan Fiction
By UltraWarriorX367

"A perfect shoot! This one will be great for the photo album" Mahiru said as she got done taking a picture of a group of flowers.

The SHSL Photographer Mahiru Kozumi was a student of Hope's Peak Academy's 77th -B class, she was an optimistic and sensible girl who is generally rather calm and unafraid to speak her mind. Her along with the rest of the class took a trip to Hakone, Tokyo to get away from the lush island paradise of Jabberwock Island. The weather was fairly warm that day so she was wearing a white short sleeve button-up, Olive green overalls, a plaid white-and-orange tie, dark green ankle socks, and some forest green Converse sneakers. Mahiru along with Chiaki and Sonia were taking a nature hike through the forest just outside of Hakone, A girls hiking trip if you will. Mahiru was using this opportunity to get photos of the plants and wildlife and planned to make a scrapbook when they got back. Chiaki and Sonia wanted to go deeper into the forest but they didn't want to leave Mahiru behind but she told the two of them to go on ahead. She was going to stay and get some more pictures. Chiaki and Sonia went on ahead leaving the photographer by herself.

Mahiru was racking up a ton of pictures much to her delight. "These might be enough for the scrapbook right?" She thought to herself, "I'm pretty sure a few more wouldn't hurt" she said as the redhead started walking. The cool summer breeze blew through her hair and rustled the leaves hanging from the trees. A few minutes later Mahiru came across a sign on the side of a tree covered in foliage, the sign read "da..er s..y out". She couldn't determine what the sign was trying to say so she paid no mind to it and walked right past it.

A few minutes went by and Mahiru was starting to get bored, she couldn't find anything interesting to take a pic of on top of that she was starting to get hungry, "That's what you get for skipping breakfast this morning" Mahiru thought to herself. She continued to walk down the empty forest trail the further she walked she noticed that there was a clearing in the distance. "A clearing means there's flowers which means more photos! Alright I take a few more pictures and then I'll scout back and regroup will Chiaki and Son-WOAAAAAAHH!!!"

The photographer failed to realize that she went off the beaten path and towards a grassy slope embankment since she had her head in the clouds. She quickly lost her footing, fell on her back and slid down along the mossy ground until she reached the bottom. "Ow, serves me right for not looking where I was going" Mahiru said as she dusted herself off and got off her back, thankfully Kozumi only suffered from a few scrapes upon sliding down the slope since the mossy grass fairly soft and mushy… too soft and mushy at that.

Mahiru thought nothing of it and went to get back on her feet But when she tried to get off the ground her support hand broke through the grassy surface to reveal thick black mud that quickly engulfed her hand accompanied by numerous loud squishy sounds. To Mahiru's surprise the mossy ground around her started to quickly disappear and she began to sink into the tenuous bog beneath her.

"W-w-w… WHAT THE HELL!!?" She yelled

In a state of Panic Mahiru began clawing at the mud trying to get out or find solid ground that she could grab on to, the only thing she found was nothing but mud. The only help that did was dirtying up her hands, a few minutes passed and she was able to calm down. However due to her failed escape attempt she was placed in a standing position in mud, her legs were insured and swallowed by the mud. "Oh! I liked these pants," she said to herself. Mahiru tried moving one of her legs but it wouldn't budge the same went for the other leg, they were held in place and the mud responded with sucking and gurgling sounds indicating that her efforts were futile. Mahiru started to panic again but calmed her nerves before she made matters worse for herself, she then began to assess the situation she was in. "Ok Kozumi, This isn't a big deal you just halfway stuck in a bog in the middle of a forest. Someone's bound to find you" she told herself.

looking around the small clearing grassy clearing let out a sigh of disappointment from the photographer since she couldn't find anything within arm's reach to grab on to or pull herself out. Mahiru then clawed through the mud again this time hoping to find something solid to grab on to, she felt something and immediately pulled it up. When her hand came out of the muck she was disappointed and angry to find that the item she found was one of her forest green Converse, now coated black from the mud. "Aww come on! I bought these a week ago and they're my favorite pair!" She shouted as she three the now dirty shoe off to the side. Mahiru felt silly that she was more concerned about her footwear than her own life, she blushed and shook the thought away. Suddenly a series of loud muddy sounds caused the red haired girl to gasp as she felt herself slowly being dragged down into the muck. A wave of panic began to form on her face as she pressed her hands on the mud's surface to push herself out only for them to sink into muddy ground. The mud coated every inch of her body, clothing, and hands like molasses.

"Am I s-s-SINKING!?" She screamed as the mud started to swallow her waist. Mahiru began to thrash and twist her body in hopes of breaking the mud's grip on her body but her efforts only caused her to sink faster into the muddy deathtrap.

Mahiru now found herself chest deep in the thick muck and unable to make any movement whatsoever. "What is this stuff!? It's almost like tar!" She said as she tried once more to use her mud covered arms to push herself out of the sticky substance but this like every other action so far only quickened her descent into the seemingly bottomless mud. Mahiru sighed as she laid her arms on the surface of the muddy slime. The muck was thick enough to support her arms as they pressed against the mud. "Why am I still sinking!? I'm staying completely still!!!" Mahiru said as she slammed her hand on the mud's surface in anger. Small droplets of sweat formed on her forehead and she was starting to tire herself out from all the struggling she did. By this point Mahiru was starting to get worried, she was unable to get out of the sucking mud which was troublesome enough since no one knew where she was. "I hope the girls find me in time, at least it's not raining" Mahiru concluded that she needed help and fast because the mud was up to her breasts and showed no signs of stopping. "Help! Help! Is any one around!? I'm stuck! Help me please!"

Elsewhere in the forest Chiaki and Sonia continued their walk, Sonia was holding a bundle of flowers in her left hand. She planned to give them to Gundham as a gift, Chiaki meanwhile was sitting on a log taking a break from all the walking they did. She took one of her shoes off to shake out a small pebble. Soon the duo heard the pleas of someone calling for help, Sonia was able to recognize the voice. "That sounds like Mahiru" she said, "where's it coming from?" Chiaki asked. "It sounds like it's coming from that direction" Sonia said, the two of them began to run to Mahiru's location.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!" Mahiru yelled as she desperately tried to move but to no avail, she couldn't even move or twist her upper body as well. The young Highschool girl began to cry as the mud started to absorb her shoulders leaving her head and neck above the surface. A small bubble exploded near her face causing a few splotches of mud to land on her cheek.

"Mahiru!" Sonia called as she and Chiaki came to the edge of the mossy embankment, Kozumi now chin deep looked up and saw the two girls. "Boy I'm glad to see you guys," she said back. "Don't worry. We'll find something to pull you out!" Chiaki called. "Please hurry! This stuff's starting to take me under!" Mahiru yelled as the mud began to engulf her head.

Sonia took her backpack off her shoulders and opened it up, she reached inside and pulled out a coil of rope. She then went to a nearby tree and tied the rope around it, she ran to the edge of the embankment and threw it down towards Mahiru. "Grab on!" Sonia called, Mahiru slowly pulled her right arm out of it's muddy tomb and grabbed the rope. Sonia then began to pull on the rope, Chiaki jumped in and helped her pull Mahiru out. Grabbing the rope with both hands Mahiru hauls her shoulders and upper chest out of the clinging mud, but her hips were still trapped. The mud was keeping a firm grip on its prey and refused to let it go. "Keep pulling!" Chiaki yelled as her and Sonia strained their muscles. They pulled as hard as they could until Mahiru was out of the muck and back onto solid ground, they pulled her up along the mossy slope back to the embankment they were standing on. Mahiru was breathing heavily and she was covered head to toe in mud, one of her shoes was missing revealing her dark green sock, and her camera was ruined due it being caked in all the mud.

"Are you okay?" Chiaki asked

"Yeah… I'm fine" Mahiru said in between breaths as she laid on the ground. She was exhausted from all the struggling she did and took a moment to catch her breath. "You had us worried, If we didn't show up in time you've gone under!" Sonia exclaimed.

"I know. I'm sorry I worried you guys, I should've listened to that sign on the tree and stayed out of the area" Mahiru replied. She looked down at her now ruined camera and frowned "There goes 290 yen down the drain" she said.

"Is the SD card still inside? If so all you have to do is get a new camera and put it in" Chiaki said. The moment she said that Mahiru quickly grabbed her camera to check the SD slot, luckily the SD card was inside and didn't show any signs of damage. She sighed a breath of relief knowing that the card was safe. She gave it to Chiaki and told her to hold onto it until they got back into town.

"We should probably start heading back, it's beginning to get dark outside" Sonia said as she looked up in the sky.

"Yeah let's do that, the first thing I'm going to do when we get back to the inn is take a nice long shower" Mahiru said as she got up.

The three of them then walked back along the forest trail back to Hakone, Mahiru figured she'd tell the others about what happened to her. Saionji would've been absolutely terrified if she found out that her 'big sis' nearly died. Sonia went on about the wildlife she saw and the flowers she picked for Gundham and Chiaki talked about the pictures they took. Overall, it was a day that Mahiru would never forget

The End.
Last edited by UltraWarriorX367 on Mon May 18, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJlurker

Re: Mahiru Kozumi's Sinking Surprise

Postby DJlurker » Sat May 09, 2020 4:28 pm

Not half bad! :mrgreen:

UltraWarriorX367

Re: Mahiru Kozumi's Sinking Surprise

Postby UltraWarriorX367 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 am

DJlurker wrote:Not half bad! :mrgreen:

Thanks man. It was my first time writing a QS story.

Return to “Stories”