For the Trekkies

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Weapon X

For the Trekkies

Postby Weapon X » Fri May 21, 2010 9:52 am

I had been working on this for the past 2-3 months, fighting off writer's block, tribbles, and other stuff. I am pleased to finally bring you a story, featuring our favorite green-skinned Orion beauty, Gaila, from the 2009 movie Star Trek. I hope that everyone finds this enjoyable. I tried not to make this a quicksand story...but a Star Trek story that had quicksand in it. Any comments are appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJlurker

Re: For the Trekkies

Postby DJlurker » Fri May 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Thumbs up from me! ;)

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat May 22, 2010 5:33 am

I'm no trekkie, but that was a superbly written story. Very nice development and ending. Well done!
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Sun May 23, 2010 10:15 am

Thank you both for the feedback. I enjoyed writing this...there were so many directions that this story could have taken...I tried to give everyone what they wanted...which is why I went with the submersion AND her being rescued...and I also tried as much as I could to stay true to the ST universe...

...and who knows...maybe in the future, Studio 588 is still around, and Gaila can get a modeling gig!

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:20 pm

According to the back-story, Gaila worked in the battle simulations area, and Kirk sent her an "e-mail" which Gaila opened at her station. The e-mail carried Kirk's programming patches onto the Kobayashi Maru, so when Gaila opened the e-mail, the patches infected the program and enabled Kirk to save the ship and the Kobayashi Maru crew and passengers. Having a "date" with Gaila simply was part of the friendship ruse, if it was only a ruse to give him a reason to send Gaila a love e-mail.

It would be relative child's play for Chekov to beam Gaila out of the quicksand. When he beamed Kirk and Sulu up from Vulcan, they were falling at terminal velocity of hundreds of miles per hour (each mile being 63,360 inches), while Gaila was sinking at a frantic inch or two per second. (Frantic for her, not for the velocity.)

quickbeard

Postby quickbeard » Tue May 25, 2010 11:42 pm

fascinating :geek:

Kingsmythe

Postby Kingsmythe » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:06 am

Great story, Weapon X. I've not done a sinking story in years now, but this was amazing. Maybe I should get back to it sometime....

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 am

You should. You're one of my favourite authors.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 am

Kingsmythe wrote:Great story, Weapon X. I've not done a sinking story in years now, but this was amazing. Maybe I should get back to it sometime....

Thank you very much. I only wish I was able to contribute more...dang work schedule!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:21 am

Those damned Orien Women....always causing trouble. Nice story. It's going to be a long time before I can hear the name Checkov and not think of "Ensign Jack Off" and laugh. :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Stories”