Romancing The Stone With QP1

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Bill

Romancing The Stone With QP1

Postby Bill » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Writer: William Harkness Date December 27/20 M/F Quicksand
Main Characters: Jack Colton, Abigail Wilder, Gloria, Elaine Wilder, Ralph, Johan, Ira & Zolo

It was Early Monday Morning in the City of Boston, the year was 1984, ware Abigail Wilder was starting her normal morning routine, before starting her in home business of being an adventure writer. She makes a living of writing fictional adventure stories about a female adventurer that challenges the sexist male saving female in jungle or some other parlous location from life-or-death situations. She rights her stories on her home computer than emails them to her publishers at a book company called Read Applies ware they mass produces her books. But mostly she reads & responds to fan mail from fans of her book asking questions like:

“Have you ever been to these places yourself”. “ABIGAIL: No, I’m a sitty girl I would never travel to any place unless It’s to another mager city with good 5 stare hotels & amazing restaurants”. “Ware do you get her inspiration”. “ABIGAIL: From my parents who enjoy doing those insane adventures than be with their own daughter”.

See says that because when ever she rights her stories, she winds up looking at her pictures of her with her parents, (Elaine & Mikel Wilder). Her parents were 2 of the most recognized explowers of their time, never afraid to find the most craziest/dangerous adventures. Most of the time that leads them to finding treasures that the world once thought did not egzist. But even though Abigail was their daughter she did not share their love for adventure, since she spent a lot of her life growing up without them. She felt that they loved their adventures more than her which made her hate adventures & them.

“Ring, Ring”, then her phone rings. It was her best friend Gloria who happens to work at Read Applies & helps publish her books. “A: Hello”. “G: Hay how’s my favorite writer doing”. “A: Fin I suppose, did you get the email for my latest story yet”. “G: I did, & I must say this one really turned me on when I read It, especially when I red the section that has the protagonist partner getting stuck in Quicksand. “Why don’t all your books have Quicksand perils in them”.

“A: Because Quicksand has been used so many times in adventure books & movies”. “People want originality”. “G: Well anyway your mother called my number again asking to speak to you”. “A: Well, what did you say”. “G: Same thing that you told me to say every time she calls, that your byssi with something”. “A: Good”. “G: Look Aby I know that you & your Mom aren’t that close especially after your Dad passed away”.

“A: You mean getting him self killed on one of my parents dum adventures”. “G: YA, but she’s still your Mom & to It seams that she’s trying to patch things up with you to.” “Even trying to invite you on one of her adventures”. “A: Well If she wanted to make things right she should have tried back when I used to enjoy hearing about their stories”. “G: Look she’s the only family you have left & trust me If you don’t try to fix things with her you’ll regret It for the rest of your life.” Trust Me”. Know I got to go, just think about what I said, okay, by”. “A: By than talk to you soon”. Then her apartments doorbell wrang, so she went to answer. But when she opened her door her Mom was on the other side.

“E: Hello Abigail It’s been a while, sorry for just dropping in uninvited but you haven’t returned any if my calls”. “A: Maybe It’s because I don’t want to talk to you”. “So, what do you want”. “E: Well, I was hoping that we can make up for lost time”. “I’m sure that you think that me & your father put our adventures before you, but you must understand the work we were doing is really important”. “A: & I’m not”. “E: No of course not, I should have taken more time to be with you especially after your fathers funeral, & that’s why I’m hear.” “You remember me telling you about my contacts in the RIO government”. “A: YA so”. “E: So, they have informed me that he has found evidence of the existence of the legendary Romance stone”.

“A stone said to help people find their one true match, he believes It can be worth millions of dollars”. “As such I was hoping that”. “A: Let me stop you there, if you think that you can convince me to go on one of your insane adventures as a way to fix things than forget It”. “Just because I write adventure books based on the stories that you & dad used to tell me when I was a kind doesn’t mean I want to take part in one of them”. “If you wanted to fix things, you should have been there for me hear instead of over their”. “Know If you don’t mind, I have work to do”. “E: Okay I’ll go, but for what It’s worth me & your father have been always perowed of the life you made for yourself & the career path you choose”. & I’m still perowed of you”. Then her mother left & Abigail continued with her day.

A Few days have passed since Abigail’s mothers surprise visit, her day was like usual until she received a call from someone she didn’t recognized. “A: Hello who is this”. “Z: Greetings Abigail my name is Zolo & If you A few days ever want to see your mother again you’ll do as I say”. “A: Wait a minute is this some kind of jock”. “Z: This is know jock & to prove It I will temporary give the phone to her”. Then Abigail heard her mothers voice, which she knew all to well saying, Abigail don’t do what they say/stay away”. “Z: So, are their any issues or can I continue”.

“A: Okay, you made your point”. “What do you want”. “Z: Well I’m in the business of finding & celling rare jewels on the black market, as such I want my hands on the Romance Stone”. “When I confronted your mother in the Jungle she didn’t have the information on the location of the stone on her & she continues to refuse to tell me It’s location”. “So I assume that you have the information your self, since Elaine trusts you the most”.

“A: Look theirs a mistake, I don’t know what you think you know but I don’t have the map to that stone”. “If money is what you want than maybe”. “Z: Do not dare to dictate or question what I know & want”. “You have 3days to give me the map or the location of the stone or I’ll kill your mother”. “Also If you inform the RIO afforities or any type of police department than she dies”. “We will meet at the city of many colors located in the heart of RIO at 2PM, do not be late”. Then Zolo hanged up & Abigail was left scared & flustered on what she should do.

“A: A man Mom you really got your self in It this time”. “I mean why does this Zolo guy think I have the map to that stone, what does he think”. Then Abigail notices something sticking out of her potted plant that she didn’t notice before. She picked up the weird object & It turned out to be the map to the stone. Abigail realizes that some how her Mother left her map hear when she wasn’t looking because she must have realized that Zolo was on to her. To Be Continued

Return to “Stories”