The Black Killer

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Theo

The Black Killer

Postby Theo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:44 am

A mini-story, inspired by a drawing by AWSands21 titled, “Doomed Expedition.” https://www.deviantart.com/awsands21/ar ... 13&t=23284

Feedback is appreciated. Hope you enjoy and as always, thank you for reading!

The Black Killer
By Theo

The native guide stopped, and would go no farther into the dim foreboding jungle. In his poor understanding of the English language, he would try to warn the audacious explorer of the “Black Killer” that lay beyond. Though the dauntless young woman ventured on alone, wholly believing herself most prepared and capable of handling whatever the Black Killer the guide spoke of may be. A Puma, a massive snake, a yet undiscovered vicious primeval primate, she’d handily survived worse on her previous expeditions.

And soon she believed she would find the object of her current expedition, a plane, said to be carrying two tons of gold bullion, that had vanished some fifty years past. And along with it, she hoped to achieve the fame and riches she had so desperately desired. But desire, can be a terrible thing, that renders us oblivious to the hazards around us. And oblivious was this young explorer as she finally eyed what looked to be the shattered wreckage of an aircraft through the gloomy mist of the jungle some dozens of yards ahead. Oblivious was she to the shimmering soft black ground now before her. Only a few more steps would she take towards her quarry before her legs plunged knee deep in the quagmire surrounding her. Struggling angrily to take another step to reach her goal, half oblivious to the peril she was now in, she sank briskly to her waist.

“I won’t let this last obstacle stop me! I’ve come too far!” She sneered as she continued to fight wildly against the viscous black mud, pushing her hands into it in a vain attempt to pull herself up and forward. But the mud readily accepted her hands into its grasp, and pulled the explorer ever deeper into it with her every move.

As the mud reached her chest, she realized, “so―this is the ‘Black Killer’ I was warned of? A simple patch of quicksand? Well you’re not going to find me so easy to kill!” She shouted, resuming her fight to escape. But this simple patch of quicksand was only too eager to accept her challenge, and to prove her wrong. Only when the morass began climbing over her chin did she begin to fear she was fighting a losing battle.

Only then did she realize she might just have achieved some semblance of fame, but this was a type of fame she didn’t so much desire. She now feared she would go down in history as one of the many other intrepid explorers who also follied, and ventured too far, never to return from their last expedition. So were the last thoughts of the audacious young explorer, as she slowly slipped beneath the surface of the vicious black quicksand, leaving only a few bubbles as a temporary marker to its latest victim.
Last edited by Theo on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

BlueChris

Re: The Black Killer

Postby BlueChris » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:13 am

Hey Theo,

This short story is outstanding and complements the picture of Aaron White.

You should continue in any case and maybe you make to the other picture of Aaron even stories.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Greetings
BlueChris

Theo

Postby Theo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:17 am

BlueChris wrote:Hey Theo,

This short story is outstanding and complements the picture of Aaron White.

You should continue in any case and maybe you make to the other picture of Aaron even stories.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Greetings
BlueChris

Thank you so much Chris! Aaron White's "Bog Lights" drawing is also spurring my imagination so we'll see. Maybe a future story if the right idea comes to mind.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:34 am

Aaron White wrote:Well done! It's fun to see a drawing of mine get a full narration :D

Thanks Aaron! So glad to hear you liked it! And thank you for the awesome drawing and allowing me to write a short story about it. I might do another drawing of yours sometime, if it's okay with you of course? "Bog Lights" is really intriguing me now :idea:

Though, I'm worried I might have too many pots on the stove right now as they say so it might be a while.

Thanks again, and can't wait to see whatever you draw next! :D

Return to “Stories”