Long Story Poll (Votes appreciated!)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

What do you prefer?

Upload chapters separately; no guaranteed completion date
53%
Wait and post the whole story when it's done (could be a month; could be next year)
47%

Total votes: 49

Aiko

Re: Long Story Poll (Votes appreciated!)

Postby Aiko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:53 pm

If your creative story-writing process is anything like mine, you would be better off posting the whole story when it's done. I tend to go back and forth between chapters and that includes making changes to what I might have previously considered "finished".
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 pm

Aaron White wrote:It's hard to say, but I'm guessing the finished result will be anywhere from 30,000-40,000 words.

:shock: And I thought my stories were long lol. That will certainly be interesting to read. I too am presently editing a story that's currently at 9,444 words, and (what little) experience tells me it'll grow longer before I'm finished. It'll be my longest since "A Backyard Experiment" and that one swelled from about 9,700 words to 11,800 during the editing process.

Aiko wrote:If your creative story-writing process is anything like mine, you would be better off posting the whole story when it's done. I tend to go back and forth between chapters and that includes making changes to what I might have previously considered "finished".

100% agree with Aiko. If only from the creative stand point, I too often find myself going back to modify, add, or remove things that I've changed later in the story. I also often forget to add certain details or think of new details to add as I go, which is why I generally sit on a finished story for a few weeks before posting.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Theo

Postby Theo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:27 am

Aaron White wrote:Yeah, it's a project and a half :lol: I'm sure most people wouldn't bother to read something that long, but it's been fun enough to write that I'm doing it anyway.

I'll read it for sure, might take a few days though ;) It took me two days to read "The Silty Secrets of Rebecca Lorengale" but I got interrupted halfway through. Couldn't wait to finish it the next day :D
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Return to “Stories”