Adv#1: My First 3 Sinks Of 2009, In Silty Quicksand!

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Boggy Man

Adv#1: My First 3 Sinks Of 2009, In Silty Quicksand!

Postby Boggy Man » Sat May 09, 2009 8:23 am

After my last bikeride on Thursday September 18'th, 2008, I waited around 7 1/2 months for my next sinking opportunity. Finally, on Saturday, May 2'nd, I had my chance! :D Normally, I begin my sinks in April, but seasonwise, we have been consistently a few weeks behind. :x The forecast was for sunny skies with increasing cloud late in the day. The high was forecasted to be 23˚C (73.4˚F), but that morning, they changed the high to 22˚C (71.6˚F), still fairly nice, especially since my Harris Creek slide area was on a south-facing slope, which warmed up rather nicely. :)

Because my dad was so happy with all the work I had done, he drove me most of the way, saving me several hours of biking and expense of energy. :) He dropped me off partways up Harris Creek Road at around 9:30 pm, and I was on my way, on my brand new Giant Yukon 24-speed mountain bike with an extra large frame, disk brakes and front suspension! :D My old bike was a 21-speed Ascent Diamondback with rim brakes, and no suspension.

The skies were clear, but with some bands of high thin cloud coming up from the south. I just hoped that they kept dissipating so that I could remain in the sun until I was finished at the end of the day.

First, before heading to my slide area, I went down a sidetrail to see if the chocolate lilies (Fritillaria lanceolata) were in bloom yet, because I wanted to take a picture of them, but it turned out to be too early in the season, so I headed back uphill and up the trail back to my bike, and was on my way, but now with some concerns about my knee sensitivity, since one of my knees was starting to feel irritated during my walk back to my bike. It was around 10 am, when I was back on the road, seeing mule deer along the way to my next destination, the slide area.

I reached the clearing overlooking the cliffs over the older eastern part of the slide, noticing how many tire tracks were leading from the road into that clearing, along with the remains of a campfire. I walked my bike just into the bushes on the north side of the clearing at some time around 11 am, and then dropped it off briefly to take a quick look at the older eastern part of the slide area, which was the part I had first found years ago, with lots of sinking in the past, but with it long since solidified. It looked like some silty mud flowed over the ground in a shallow layer, but had dried. Looking to the west, I could just see my spot in the distance, and hoped that I wouldn't be too conspicuous to anyone who was looking out over the cliffs in the eastern part of the slide. I then walked my bike westward to my usual dropoff spot deeper in the forest, where I then took off my jeans to be in my shorts which I had worn underneath, jackets, and sweater. I put on sunscreen, since a lot of my newly exposed skin hadn't seen direct hot sun since last September. I removed my socks to be barefoot in my workboots, and gathered all my things together, including my camera, gorillapod, lunch, Kool-Aid, and junk shorts.

It was around 11:30 am, and I was off to my sinking area! :D On the way, I could see from the clifftop that my cleanup basin was empty, the only thing I knew it contained would be a few inches of clay. I headed down the embankment on the west side of the cliffs, and then eastward onto the silty embankment below the cliffs in the slide area. I had to take off my shoes on the slope before heading the rest of the way down to the main debris field of the slide, since the embankment was loose silt which would have gotten inside them. So, I left them behind on the less sloped upper part of the embankment, and made my way down the looser slope in bare feet to the old spring area, which has been getting less and less water all the time. I dropped my things off just south of that spot, and took off my jacket and sweater, to be in my t-shirt.

I then began to check out the area, noticing that the ground was still soft near the top of where the ground slumped west-southwest of the old spring area. There was some sitting water on the two terraces created by my previous sinks there, the ground there now solid from being disturbed from the past sinks. The soft parts there were worth sinking into later on once the weather got warmer, and so would be left alone for now.

I then headed westward, lower down the part of the debris field close to the hillside where it was generally wetter, and checked out the next area of interest where the ground leveled off before becoming steep again. It was a spot with a N-S fallen tree on the western edge on the northern part, and an E-W fallen tree towards the south side. The soil further north tended to have more clay mixed in with the silt, with more silt deeper down. The area further south had more silt throughout. On the northern part, there is a large white rock, where I did some sinking before on the north side of it. The ground felt damp there and also felt like it could soften a bit with agitation, but I was uncertain about true sinkability on that north side, since I had sunk there before, and it would therefore likely be more solid deeper down. However, adjacent areas that were untouched could hide some soft gooeyness under the stiffer upper layer. :roll: But, I couldn't remember every spot I had sunk there, and wished I could find one spot that was untouched for certain, so I could have a quality sink there. Closer to the E-W fallen tree, there was a nice undisturbed spot near my other previously sunk spots which appeared to be sufficiently moist, as long as it wasn't silt fallen over top of one of my previously sunken spots. But, once again, I wanted to save that one for a better quality sink, since at this time things were still a bit cool, and I wasn't certain how far up my abdomen I was going to let myself sink. I had yet to locate a decent cleanup area first as well. :?

I continued checking the slope lower down, and noticed that the area was wet on top, but I was uncertain about softness. I had tried around there before, with limited results, although there was the odd spot that was good, and was subsequently used up. Near the bottom area, close to the western part of the toe of the slide, there was a place with clay mud full of water-filled prints that looked like it could liquify if agitated. I had my eyes on it since last year, and was thinking of trying it out this year. But, when I tested it, the clay mud felt stiffer below the surface, although I never really worked that hard to agitate it. The mud was quite chilly as well.

Now that I had inspected my sinking areas, I was ready to try digging a new cleanup basin, this time in one of the terraces on the slumped area. So, I headed back up there, lots of tiger beetles on the ground that flew away as I approached them. I decided to dig the new cleanup basin in the lower terrace, because the upper terrace was close to lots of looser ground, which could easily slump onto it, including a small bush. Better to have it with another solid terrace above it, although there was a little bit of soft ground in between the upper and lower one.

I easily peeled away some surface layers of silt before it got too hard lower down. I then searched around for some rocks sharp enough to use to dig with, finding a few. Bumblebees have been occasionally landing on me, thinking I was a flower, and one almost got caught on my shirt. The smaller rocks dug in and pried up the silt silt easily, while the large one scraped a larger area of silt for a bit, before the silt got too hard lower down, forcing me to use the smaller thin rock. I piled the silt around the edge, and noticed that the ground south of the location of the new cleanup basin looked like it could also have sinking potential. :) But, I wondered if a sink there could wreck the cleanup basin. :? Anyways, I dug the basin deep deep enough for cleaning my head, and removed a large chunk of soft silt with some plants and a baby cedar on it, that was between the upper terrace and the lower one containing the new cleanup basin. I set the silt on the southwest side of the cleanup basin to allow water from the upper terrace easier access to the cleanup basin, since that silt was blocking it a bit. I noticed that some water was trickling into the new basin, but just barely. I decided to get on with my sinking, so I called it quits on the basin, and hoped that it would be full by the next time I came to the area. Earlier on, I had also cleaned sticks off the soft spot on top of slumped area, so that it would be more ready for a sink on a future trip.

I couldn't resist testing out the clay on the bottom of my old cleanup basin, noticing that it was nice and thick, and was like sinking into 5 inches of butter. I mushed it up with my feet, loving its gooeyness. I felt it with my hand, noticing how it felt really nice. I liked trapping air in it and making it fart or pop out. I then smoothed it out a little.

Now, before I could do any sinking, I had to clean up before taking off my clothes. I first removed most of the sticky clay from my hands by rubbing them with dry silt, and then headed westward, down the slope to the valley bottom to find decent cleanup water. Towards the western toe of the slide, I pounded some rubbery silt in a tiny channel cut in the silt from trickling water that was intermittent (I had thought about making a cleanup basin where the water was trickling, but it was lower down where it was cooler, and was closer to the trees where it would be shaded more). The silt there was in general wonderful stuff that dreams are made of, but was too shallow. Below the slide to the west, I found a shallow layer of silt spilled over the ground in places, but mostly amongst tiny rosebushes in a low spot. I sunk my feet into one spot, a few inches of wonderful softness and texture, worked my feet out and felt it with my hand, wishing it was deeper. I smoothed it out by agitation, and continued on to look for cleanup water.

At the toe of the slide, I had thought I had seen water or more silt in an enclosed area to the south, but it was just ice. I made my way to Harris Creek, and cleaned up my hands and legs there. But, the water was so cold that it was aching and stinging :x , meaning that it would never be of use for any further cleanup at this time. I couldn't do any sinking unless I found a better spot :( , so I decided to check out sidestreams. I headed closer to the hillside (valleyside) to the north, and then headed westward, looking for the sidestream. When I finally found it, just as I had feared, it was stinging cold as well due to it being shaded by the woods! :x I then wanted to find the place where a sidestream channel reached the creek, since I had seen in the past, pools of water in the channel there that could be open and perhaps warmer. :roll: I followed the sidestream westward, until I could see other silt cliffs to the west where they were at the creekside, which meant that I had gone too far. So, I backtracked almost to the slide, before heading back to the creek to the south, which I followed westward, downstream, until I reached an open area!

I found the spot, but the sidestream channel cut into the ground was blocked with many fallen trees before the creek. I could see through the trees some water there, but it looked hard to get to. However, on the gravel/rock bar beside the creek, there was an elongated sidepool of water not directly open into the creek, but I knew that there would be a slow movement of cold water from the creek to the sidepool through the gravel/rocks. Testing it, the water felt aching cold, but it was in the sun and should hopefully warm up a bit, especially in downstream side of that pool. I felt the creek water again and it was stinging cold, then the sidepool once more, and it was definitely warmer, relatively speaking (aching cold as opposed to aching and stinging cold), and manageable. So, I had a place to clean up in using the splash and rub method! :D Before heading back to the slide area, I made my way around the fallen trees to see if there was any easier access to some water I had seen before in the channel under the fallen trees, but it turned out to be too hard to get to, was likely cold, and there weren't any other pools of water there. In getting to and from that channel, I had some trouble, with getting scraped by two bushes on my right foot, and then hit the front of my head on sideways tree above the ground (crunch).

I then returned to the spring area, took a nature break, and noticed that it was some time around 1:20 pm. I wanted to leave some time around 3:30 to 4 pm. I then snacked on a pizza pop for lunch as I walked eastward towards the older part of the slide, wondering if there was any water in a low spot that used to have it years ago. But, no such luck, it was dry. :( I remembered how there used to be quicksilt and quicksand around it years ago. :roll: I then headed along the silt cliffs towards older part, but stopped when I saw part of broken beer bottle, and one or two other tiny pieces of glass, wondering if there were any hidden that could cut my bare feet. :shock: I felt ready to head back anyways, so I returned to my things, noticing the time was somewhere around 1:38 pm.

I had been debating about whether to have a private stimulating :twisted: sink first, or a video-captured sink. I wanted the stimulating sink to be in thick muck, and the first sink is usually the thickest, when the newly activated ground is transitioning from stiff to creamy. :roll: Also at the beginning, I am at my warmest, which increases the chances for stimulation as opposed to after getting chilled. :? So, I decided to have an unseen stimulating sink first, clean up, get dressed into my junk shorts, set up the camera, and the shoot the video of my second sink, which would likely be in the same spot. If it remained bare, then it would be nice and gooey from the start. :) If water pooled on top, then I could make excuse that I was going to cool my feet (had noticed that sand/silt was hot under my feet in places). Once in, my body would displace everything, which should get rid of the surface water, and my struggling and churning should get rid of the rest of the water.

Ready to get started with my first sink of 2009, I got undressed, and then started looking around for a nice thick-looking spot. I didn't want the loose stuff, or to use my makeshift backpack with weights yet, because things were on the cool side, and I didn't want to get muddy too high up my back just yet. I looked around the large white rock, which had some dried silt laying on top of it, north of the E-W fallen tree and east of the N-S fallen tree. It seemed slightly rubbery on the north side of the rock, but knew that since I had sunk there before, it would likely be solid lower down. I couldn't remember whether or not I had ever tried sinking on the south side of the rock, and the ground there looked like it had been undisturbed. :)

I began to pound the ground with my feet, the ground feeling stiff and slightly rubbery. But then, after a bit of "quicksand dancing", I was delighted when the stiff, rubbery surface suddenly began to shift and move beneath my feet! :D I had agitated it enough to penetrate to the more liquid silt underneath!!!! :mrgreen: I continued to pound the ground with my feet, hearing the quaking silty quicksand lapping at the south face of the nearby large white rock, which had some dried silt laying on top.

Facing west, I pumped my legs, and the stiff, rubbery ground sagged beneath my feet, and wrapped itself around them, and slowly rose up my legs. I tried pulling them up, but they were locked in the solid grip of thick rubbery silty quicksand, which heaved and pulsated with my movements! I slowly struggled, sinking deeper into its sucking grip. One foot (right?) brushed around a rock, but then was free. I swayed and moved around, unable to free my legs. The silt deeper down easily liquified below my feet with agitation, but the stiff rubbery layer on the surface kept me stuck, the quaking morass slowly sucking me in deeper! I loved the feel of its grip as I swayed and struggled. I tried working one leg up to escape without much progress, only to have the other leg get sucked down deeper! I then tried lifting the other leg up, but the other leg got sucked down deeper. I struggled as the undulating surface cradled my crotch and sucked it under, and rose up my waist, with me repeating my leg lifting as before, but with them now totally swallowed by the voracious ooze. I swayed as well in the ooze, but was unable to escape its grip! It was a shame I didn't have a weighted backpack on, since I knew it would have allowed me to have a deeper sink, but I would see just how deep the mire would suck me down without any weights. It was also a shame that I hadn't chosen to make a video of this first sink instead of the second, given how awesome the current state of the quaking quagmire was!

As I struggled, I opened a gap around my rear and then closed it again to trap air to make the mire fart, which I loved doing to add to the experience. The silty quicksand slowly rose up my stomach, as I continued to struggle. More liquid silt from down below was now surfacing and pooling around me, and it was therefore time to break up the stiffer surface around me. I worked my hands down into it as I struggled, and then tried lifting them up, the heavy top layer bulging and trying to hold them down. I continued to churn and mush up the gooey mire to a creamy doughy consistency.

Since I wasn't sinking too much further up my stomach standing up (still not feeling any bottom), and since putting my arms in also made me more buoyant, I then began to work my feet forward, which allowed me to sink deeper at an angle, where my lower part of my body would have to rise a lot to reach the surface, and the stiffer mud on top would also increase resistance to my rising. The sucking mire slowly rose up to my lower chest, as I worked myself in diagonally. I just loved its grip, texture and feel, which was initially cold but gradually warmed up to me.

Finally, I began to struggle vigorously, imagining that I was stuck and sinking to my death, in the grip of deadly quicksand, the surface pulsating around me, raising my stimulation to convulsions of ecstasy!

After the wonderful release, I lingered for a bit and struggled, enjoying the gooey mire that had me in its grip, before starting to work myself out. First, I was working myself out diagonally with pumping motions as I pulled constantly, until my legs were close enough to the surface for me to peel the surface layer of quicksilt off my upper legs, exposing my knees. I then worked my knees up with pumping motions until I was able to stand up straight. I then worked my legs out by lifting one until the mire locked up, relaxed it until the mud loosened, and then lifted it again until the mire locked up again, each time with my leg getting higher and higher before the mud would lock up. I would then switch to the other leg and do the same thing. I alternated between the legs, rising higher and higher, the tenacious goo pulling up with my legs, which I then pushed off my skin. Once I successfully extracted my feet from the sucking mire, I agitated it to remove my impressions, and then agitated part of the west edge of it to lower its level to help let any water that collected over the mire to drain away.

It was now time to clean myself up before making the video of my second sink. So, I headed down to the side pool of water I had found, sat on the north side of the west part of it, cleaned my hands and arms, and then from my waist down and then my thighs, calves and rear, and feet.

All clean, I returned to my things, and along the way there, I looked at various small puddles where I could clean my fingers to handle my camera after the sink, since I had forgotten to bring along a margarine container for holding water. I also noticed that the sinking spot had a pool of water on top of it already. At my things, it was 2:30 pm, still an hour before my earliest departure time, so I had plenty of time left. :)

Now, for the sinking video, I put on my junk shorts, since I didn't feel comfortable about shooting myself in the nude, and felt that such a video would substantially shrink my potential audience. I screwed my gorillapod onto my camera, headed down to where I had just sunk, and enhanced the low spot I had made on the western edge of my sinking spot to help more of the water that pooled there run off, but I never did it far enough to drain it. There were tiny silt volcanoes in there, with the largest on the west side, glistening in the sun. I took a couple of background pix of the patch of yellow cloudy water with silt volcanoes from a higher angle and a lower angle:

I then searched for a stick to mount the camera/gorillapod on. One was too brittle and broke, but then I found a bigger, stronger one. It was a little hard wiggling and jamming it into the ground south of the sinking spot, but after pounding the ground with my feet to soften it, I was able to work the pole in far enough for it to stand up. I then wrapped the gorillapod's 3 knobby "tentacles" around the stick, and positioned the camera to properly frame my sinking spot. I was concerned about the gusts of wind that were happening once in a while, because one shook the camera a little while I was setting it up, forcing me to reposition it. I didn't want the camera to be disturbed before I finished making my short video. So, with the sinking location centered on the screen, I clicked the shutter button, and it was time for ACTION! :D

The 3 parts of the video are at viewtopic.php?f=19&t=240 .

I walked around the west (left) side of the pool of water and, facing south, stepped onto the large white rock that had some dry silt on top, on the north side of the puddle. Following through with my plan, I then made a comment about cooling my feet and stepped in, sinking partways up my legs in the puddle's soft bottom, which I had previously sunk in earlier. I pretended to be stuck, and pumped my legs, the water sloshing in the gaps between my legs and the mud. I kept on struggling, the surface of water and quicksilt slowly rising past my legs, and up my waist, feeling the ground beneath my feet continuously give way with my movements. I then began to work my hands into the mire, and then lifted them up, pulling up a bunch of the tenacious quagmire with them, and mixing water into it.

Partways through the sink, while I was struggling and churning the tenacious goo, I then could hear the wind coming up from the east, and before I knew it, I was being blasted by a sandstorm, kicked up by gusting winds out of the east! :x It didn't last long, but after it was over, I noticed that the camera appeared to be no longer pointing directly at me, but instead a little to my left. But, I continued with the sink, churning the quagmire and struggling, in hopes that I was still in the picture, since I didn't want to clean myself up and start all over again. Not enough time for that.

As I sunk deeper, I displaced the mud, making it rise higher in the depression I was sinking into, which resulted in a fair bit of the water running off, and the rest being mixed into the mire from my churning it with my hands. I also opened up a gap between the mud and my rear to trap air, which then farted out several times during the sink. Due to my buoyancy, I had been starting to sit back a little so that I could struggle myself down until the surface of the clinging ooze was up to my lower chest.

Then, it was time for me to begin working myself out. I pushed down on some more solid surfaces further out around me, and worked myself up by a combination of tugging at my lower body and agitation, which allowed the mire to slip its grip. Once my legs started to appear, I stopped, and began to sink back down into the sucking goo. As it rose back up to my waist, I resumed working myself back out. My junk shorts were heavily laden with the quickclaysilt, forcing me to occasionally lift them back up during my extraction. Eventually, I was able to extract one leg/foot and then the other, and was free!

I walked away from the camera and out of the camera's sight, let my silty quicksand-weighted junk shorts drop to the ground south of where the camera was mounted, and headed downhill to find a small puddle of water to clean my fingers off in so that I could handle the camera without getting any mud on it. I found a very tiny depression with barely enough water in it to clean one finger, returned to the camera, and then clicked the shutter button to stop the recording, followed by the power button. Even though my hands were muddy, I removed the camera from the stick, touching only the gorillapod, and put it in the shade of the fallen E-W log to the south, on a convenient slab of bark. I had been wondering if I should have stumbled back into the quagmire right after I had gotten out during the shoot, since it was now free of water and gooier on the surface, but I guess I had enough captured from that sink. So, with the camera and the stick set aside, I was ready for my third and final sink of the day, in the nude and off-camera! :D

I stepped in facing west, like the first time, and slowly sunk myself into the wonderful-feeling goo. I struggled, feeling some layers of stiffer silt below the upper churned creamy quickclaysilt shifting and giving way beneath my feet. I struggled, slowly sinking past my stomach and towards my lower chest, noticing how the mud was making interesting sloshing sounds against the embankment behind me, which enhanced the experience. I loved the texture, feel and tenacity of the thick silty quicksand. I struggled vigorously, but unfortunately with no full stimulation, probably because I was getting a little bit too cool.

I worked myself up when my legs were rising a little too much (but still well below the surface), and then sunk myself back down more vertically, facing south. As I sunk down, I noticed something between my legs, which felt like a piece of log the width of an orange or grapefruit, and about a couple feet long. I slowly worked it forward beneath the surface of the silty quicksand. I was practically sitting on it between my legs. But after working it forward a bit, the front of it slowly rose up in front of me, the sucking quagmire bulging at the surface. Then I exposed the end of the log, which stuck out of the goo like a gigantic sliver being pushed out of skin (or the most gigantic erection ever known to mankind! :shock: :P ) . The shell of mud that had encapsulated the log had been blackened by organic decomposition of the log, which was also black. With the gradual extraction of the log, that black or very dark gray mud peeled away from around it, forming quite a contrast to the surrounding yellowish beige quicksilt. Once I had fully extracted it, I set the log on the southwest outer edge.

I continued stuggling, the dark mud disappearing into the lighter stuff as I mixed it in. I then worked myself up again, faced west, and sunk myself back down again. I struggled some more, but I felt leg cramps just barely beginning in my left calf, so I had to relax the struggles a bit. I tried struggling a bit, but the discomfort stopped me. But, the tension in my muscle went away once I started to stand up and work myself back up. So, free of discomfort, I sank back down, sat back, and struggled. I just loved my soft, thick mudbath, feeling and seeing the gooey quickclaysilt cling onto my hands and arms when I tried lifting them up, churning it with my hands, struggling vigorously. But, still no stimulation.

So, I decided that it was time to call it quits. I worked myself out of the clinging mire, pushing off the thicker stuff from my skin that was lifting up with my legs and feet, stepping into stiffer ground on the side as I pulled my other foot out as before, and pushed the excess mud off my legs and feet. I was now free of the sucking silty quicksand!

It was time to clean up. I picked up my muddy shorts, and headed down the slide, towards the sidepool by the creek. Before leaving the slide, I layed down on the dry silty slope on the west side of the slide to warm up in the sun briefly, as I did earlier on another part of the slide, before continuing on.

Just past the slide, I just couldn't resist trying out one horizontal struggle in the shallow layer of really smooth silt that I had sunk my feet in earlier. The rosebushes were just tiny sticks, and not very thick, and there was a more open part of that silt. I agitated the mud with my feet to loosen it, laid on my front facing east, and started to struggle. But, my crotch apparently was pressing down on too hard a spot, and my right testicle was in pain. :x So, I got up, repositioned myself, and tried again. I laid down facing east and struggled, feeling the silt conforming to my body's contours, my muddy junk shorts laying in front of me. I began to struggle vigorously, when whup, whup, WHUP!!!! :shock: There was a helicopter approaching from the east!!!! :shock: Not wanting to be spotted from the air, I got up, smoothed the surface out a little, but perhaps not as much as I wanted, and quickly headed into the woods with my junk shorts to hide from the helicopter and head to my sidepool once it passed. I stopped in the woods and looked around for the helicopter, which sounded like it may have passed by to the north. I didn't really focus as much on the south skies, but I didn't see anything at all. It sounded like it was passing by to the north of me. Once I could no longer hear it, I headed to my cleanup area beside the creek.

I cleaned up in the sidepool like I did before, cleaned the junk shorts in the sidepool, and finished cleaning the junk shorts in the creek. I wrung it out, put it on, and returned to the slide, noticing a fishy smell coming from the shorts (algae in sidepool, or water in Harris Creek?). I also saw a mule deer along the way. I picked up my camera on the slightly silty gorillapod, and noticed that the new cleanup basin, which initially had a tiny bit of water trickling in, now had the trickle disappearing. I had noticed it earlier, and wondered if that was a good spot for the cleanup basin after all. :? I found a shady spot, and watched my sinking clip. I was happy to see that I was still in the picture after the dust storm, just off center, to the left. :)

Several times, I had thought about taking a picture of the mushed up clay in the bottom of the cleanup basin, but it didn't look natural, since it was in the bottom of a hole, and the soft ooze had been cracking since I had disturbed it.

It was around 4:30 pm, a little bit later than I had anticipated. I took a nature break, took off my junk shorts, got dressed, put the junk shorts on my head so that they continue to dry off, and headed back up the embankment, picking up my workboots along the way. I returned to my bike, got things packed, and left around 5 pm.

I was happy that the clouds didn't start to really thicken until now, giving me lots of sun for my sinks. I got back home around 8:30 pm, having encountered strong winds from the east, then west and then gusty south along the way.

That was quite a nice day, with me having my first 3 sinks of the season, the first enjoyable and stimulating, the second enjoyable and captured on video, and the third, just plain enjoyable. :) The temperature at our place got up to 24˚C (75.2˚F), better than what was forecast. I did regret not choosing the first sink for the video, but I wanted to have a stimulating sink when the mud was freshly disturbed, which was when it would be at its thickest. Perhaps next time, I may pick a new unsunk spot and shoot the first sink there.

I really love my new bike, since its gears go down lower than my other bike, making uphill climbs easier! :D The disk brakes are also much better than the rim brakes used on my older bikes. So, now biking up and down the mountain roads will now be much less problematic! :D

I am now waiting for the next guaranteed sunny warm day that I am not picking asparagus to come along so I can return. The forecasts keep changing so much, that initial forecasts of sunshine on certain days often tend to change to forecasts of clouds as those particular days get closer. :x I will have to play it by ear. :roll:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

quagmire_uk

Re: Adv#1: My First 3 Sinks Of 2009, In Silty Quicksand!

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun May 10, 2009 10:42 am

Your tales of your sinks are fantastic, I now know what it could be like if I were to go out searching for bogs/mud/quicksand!

Return to “Stories”