Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
09090p

Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom

Postby 09090p » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:23 pm

Here is not only my first post on this forum but also a story I feel quite proud of.
I wrote this in a night, so forgive me for having a few typos.

Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom, wandered through a beautiful field. A field of
shining green grass, a field with a large pond placed in the center. Athena thought it wise to calm by wandering through this field. Little did she know, mysterious forces had enchanted this field. Athena approached the pond, marveled by its beauty, and stepped into the mud surrounding it. The wise goddess’s bare feet felt the mud squish beneath herself, though she thought little of the mud, seeing as it was right next to the pond.
“A beautiful pond it is,” she had thought allowed to herself, “And what lovely
mountains that surround it,” She wandered closer to the lovely pond, thus stepping deeper into the mud. Athena’s calves, muscular, yet feminine, submerged halfway into the wetted mud, she hardly noticed, her godly powers made trudging through mud a simple task. She continued to step, forward and forward, paying no mind to the mud oozing up her calves, now reaching her knees. The wise goddess’s chiton had begun to deform, the mud lifting it as slowly as she descended. Only when the mud had begun lifting the powerful goddess’s skirt, did she notice how difficult the mud was to move through.
“How odd a feeling,” She pondered, “To be pulled down so deep by mortal mud,” she
attempted to raise herself, turn into a more godly form and leave, but she found she could not. “What is this!” she cried, the mud allowing itself midway up her round, and muscular thighs, “What mud, what simple mud could hold me! A great and powerful goddess!” She calmed herself, remembering that she is the all wise Athena, and can think herself out of almost any problem.
The goddess looked around, seeing only a field, a simple, yet beautiful field. She felt
frustration creeped up her mind, as the mud did her upper thighs. The goddess grabbed her spear, tied to her back, and stuck it into the oozing mud, using it as a crutch to pass through the mystical mud. It worked, she pushed through for a moment, raising her right leg with ease, until the spear, strong as it might be, began to sink too. She let go of the weapon, offended that such a trusted, and well believed in tool could fail her in a time of need. The mud, however, did not fail in its task, it consumed her legs completely leaving only her powerful upper torso, for the time being.
“Father Zeus!” She would call, “I require your assistance! I have been ensnared by
mortal mud, and am in grave peril!” She shouted to the heavens, to her father, the god of god, Zeus, unaware that the same odd magic that enchanted the mud, kept her voice from reaching the gods in olympus. The goddess sank, going ever deeper into the pit of eternal mud, she found it quite distressing, that she, goddess of wisdom, would fall prone to such an embarrassing fate. As the goddess’s pelvis and waist slowly vanished to the mud. Athena worried, she looked down at her disappearing curves, the mud pressing her loose fitting chiton against her fine, and fit physicality. She called again, “Zeus! Oh mighty father! Why do you ignore me! I am in desperate need of your help!” She felt nearly ashamed to admit such a devastating fact. As the mystic muck groped at her ribs, and caressed her well made breasts, she felt angered.
“I, oh mighty Athena! Refuse to fall victim to such a simple, earthly trick!” The mud
surpassed her breasts, now gripping around her clavicles and shoulders, “This is simply disgraceful!” she called, the mud holding her neck, “WHEN I FIND WHO DID THIS, THEY WILL WISH THEY COULDN– MGHH! MPH! MNHPH!” then only gurgles, then bubbles, then nothing.

It’s a good thing that gods and goddesses can’t die.

And here is a little drawing I did for the tale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What you see is what you get
Just a quicksand obsessed fan of mythos.

cbqdbq

Re: Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom

Postby cbqdbq » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:18 am

maybe these guys can't die of old age, but maybe they can die of drowning or quicksand if they can't control those elements that are harming their essential biological functions. kind of like elves in Lord of the Rings - they can be killed.

either that or Athena is in a stand-off with the mud as long as the one who 'enchanted' the mud is amused to toy with Athena before letting her power get her out or be heard by Zeus.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

09090p

Re: Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom

Postby 09090p » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:04 am

cbqdbq wrote:maybe these guys can't die of old age, but maybe they can die of drowning or quicksand if they can't control those elements that are harming their essential biological functions. kind of like elves in Lord of the Rings - they can be killed.

either that or Athena is in a stand-off with the mud as long as the one who 'enchanted' the mud is amused to toy with Athena before letting her power get her out or be heard by Zeus.

That's an interesting take, it really makes you wonder, thanks for bringing that up...
What you see is what you get
Just a quicksand obsessed fan of mythos.

Return to “Stories”