Show me the way to go Home

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Show me the way to go Home

Postby Lomax » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Bit of an oddity, this one. I can't quite remember how it happened, but Fred threw down the challenge of writing a QS story entirely in dialogue (I think Hemingway was also mentioned, but I do have some self-respect). Two of us responded. Viridian came up with the splendid Think or Sink, set on a bizarre (and gloriously tacky) game-show, which turned all the problems of the genre in on themselves. I came up with this. I won't say anything about its setting - if you can't work it out from what I've written, I've fallen short.

When this was originally posted, someone pointed out that the two characters spoke alike - used the same sort of idioms, shared the same sense of humour, etc. I've thought about that a lot; but have decided not to make any major amendments on the grounds that I didn't necessarily see it as being a problem. All it really means is that the two people are similar in age, background, education etc. But judge for yourselves.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

Fred588
Producer

Re: Show me the way to go Home

Postby Fred588 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm

That was a LONG time ago.

Lomax wrote:Bit of an oddity, this one. I can't quite remember how it happened, but Fred threw down the challenge of writing a QS story entirely in dialogue (I think Hemingway was also mentioned, but I do have some self-respect). Two of us responded. Viridian came up with the splendid Think or Sink, set on a bizarre (and gloriously tacky) game-show, which turned all the problems of the genre in on themselves. I came up with this. I won't say anything about its setting - if you can't work it out from what I've written, I've fallen short.

When this was originally posted, someone pointed out that the two characters spoke alike - used the same sort of idioms, shared the same sense of humour, etc. I've thought about that a lot; but have decided not to make any major amendments on the grounds that I didn't necessarily see it as being a problem. All it really means is that the two people are similar in age, background, education etc. But judge for yourselves.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 am

Fred588 wrote:That was a LONG time ago.

and on a website far, far away.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

jack c

Postby jack c » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:42 am

Nicely done - I like the ending, especially.

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 am

VERY witty, a great read! Thanks! :)

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:47 am

Yeah, I really enjoyed it!

I also enjoyed a dialogue-based plant/tentacle story that you posted did on Fantasy Danger Island. As experiments go, I'd say they were very succesful!

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:14 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:I also enjoyed a dialogue-based plant/tentacle story that you posted did on Fantasy Danger Island. As experiments go, I'd say they were very succesful!

I have never so much as logged on to Fantasy Danger Island, so that puzzles me.

I did post what might be regarded as a tentacle story on DS as part of the first Hallowe'en contest. It was called Of Graves, of Worms and Epitaphs - and may turn up here one Tuesday soon.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

OK, lol in that case someone else did a dialogue-only plant story, and I simply assumed it was also by you!

Return to “Stories”