Kim Possible in Quicksand (adult)

Making Fakes? Post Them Here!
ipkus1

Kim Possible in Quicksand (adult)

Postby ipkus1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:52 pm

My first thread. Got some nice stuff about Kim Possible, Thought Id play around with it. AND YES FOLKS! She's 18!

[sexual text and images removed by moderator]

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Kim Possible in Quicksand (adult)

Postby dlodoski » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:01 am

Sorry, but according to Wikipedia, Kim Possible is not 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Possible_(character)

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

ipkus1

Postby ipkus1 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:10 am

Okay, noted. Delete this post.

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:50 am

Making kind of a pointless argument here, but considering that these are photo manipulations and it is a cartoon (hand-drawn artwork) to begin with, couldn't the age of the character be altered to make her 18 (so to speak). I understand Kim Possible wasn't originally drawn as an 18 year old, but since she's just a drawing, couldn't this manipulation contain a drawing of her manipulated (in the sense that she was drawn) a few years older?
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:59 am

Er, actually ipkus1 is right, she is over 18.

I've only seen one and half episodes of Kim Possible, but according to wikipedia, the final two episodes of the final fourth series were Graduation Part 1 and Graduation Part 2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ki ... on_4:_2007 If she's graduated from school it's pretty safe to say she's over 18 now. (She wasn't some genius prodigy who graduated early.)

When Kim Possible STARTED she was a teenager, but she's an adult now. If you think about it, she has been since 2007. She's 20 now!

Just because the cartoon finished, doesn't mean BAM she vanishes out of existance. Kim Possible wasn't a cartoon like The Simpsons where everyone is perpetually the same age and nothing changes. The couple of episodes I saw would indicate that it did have some continuity, they mentioned some things that must have happened in previous episodes.

A bit like Buffy the Vampire Slayer - when the series started she was a teenager in school, but as time went on she finished school, went to university, and then finished university.

Also, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Possible_(character)#Alternative_versions "An older version of Kim was introduced in an interactive featurette that was included in the DVD of A Sitch in Time. Little was revealed about Kim's older self, except that she was still fighting crime in her 40s, was a member of the PTA, and that she wears a patch over her left eye, ala Nick Fury."

So if ipkus1 says "Kim Possible is 18", well, we take it as a given she's 18.

There's plenty of fan-artworks and fan-fiction of anime and manga characters where they are supposed to be a few years older than their original appearence. I don't see why Western cartoons should be any different. Kim Possible can be as old as ipkus1 wants her to be. And given even the official "canon" state of the character is that she has graduated school, that doesn't require much imagination.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I've seen every single episode of Kim Possible more than once because I live with a nine year old Kim Possible fan. She began the series as a fifteen year old child prodigy, high-school cheerleader, and secret agent who regularly saved the world from a host of evil villans. It was so well made that I must admit that I had a good time watching it with my daughter beginning when she was about six. Like all great cartoons there were bits in there for the adults that went over the kids heads. Kim was substantially younger than eighteen for ninety-nine percent of the series. Regardless of the depicted age of any particular animated character it is still a child's cartoon and this is an adult fetish board.

I realize this might be kind of a gray area but in my mind the forumla goes like this -

Disney channel + small children viewers = childs cartoon.

Childs cartoon does not equal adult fetish website material.

I certainly don't want to discourage you and thanks for trying but this just isn't he place. I'm sure after a while we'll all get a better feel for what we are trying to do here. In the meantime such things are probably better posted over at the child friendly environment of deepsinking.org. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Hollywood_CGD wrote:Making kind of a pointless argument here, but considering that these are photo manipulations and it is a cartoon (hand-drawn artwork) to begin with, couldn't the age of the character be altered to make her 18 (so to speak). I understand Kim Possible wasn't originally drawn as an 18 year old, but since she's just a drawing, couldn't this manipulation contain a drawing of her manipulated (in the sense that she was drawn) a few years older?

Yes, that would be acceptable, but that's not how this was presented. Even the statement "now she's 18" would have been taken differently. But as far as her basic character's age is concerned, the short answer is that she is 15. And the fuzzy answer is that she is less than 18.

This can be argued back and forth, of course. The root of this problem is that material was posted and then removed. Folks will come along and argue that it shouldn't have been removed because they hate the feeling that they missed something they could have enjoyed. This puts moderators in a no-win situation. I saw this happen plenty of times at the old place, and I fully expect it to happen here, again and again.

Now, for this sort of thing to work on this forum, two things will be required. The age of the character will have to be explicitly raised, and, some explanantion of how the character has changed do to that increase should be provided. Something like -

"Remember Kim Possible? Well, she's grown up now. In fact, she's 19, and in college. Here she is having a sexual encounter with quicksand!"

So if ipkus1 wants to re-package his original posting, he's certainly welcome to. :)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Well I understand this isn't my website to run and moderate, and I fully respect your decision to have the material pulled. I just wanted to present my take on this particular scenario. Discussing "politics" is always a lot of fun for me.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

stefani_tg

Postby stefani_tg » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:01 pm

i'd like some clarification too as i've written two 'companion' pieces to lady of mud's mindy & jasmine story that is now hosted at deviant art... it's about alexis who - according to yu-gi-oh info online - is now 18 even though the character started at age 15

would an erotic qs story about this character, now 18, be acceptable here, or would too many people associate her as 'under age' for most of her exposure in the series?

:oops: :o :?:
sites n forums bout gals in quicksand cos guys luv chicks who are dirtee n wet!

;-D

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm not familiar with the characters you referred to, but I think it's important to make a distinction about how characters age.

First of all, some characters really do age. For example, the characters in the Harry Potter series age significantly, as well as the kids in 'Saved By The Bell'. In both of these cases, the characters end up as adults. So for the purposes of a board like this, (only) the adult version of the characters would be appropriate.

I'm not an expert, but I'm sure there are cases of cartoon characters aging as well. But Kim Possible is not one of those. Other than some anecdotal instances, her character is 15 throughout the vast majority of the series. So in order for her character to be appropriate, some overt aging has to be applied to her. Just saying "imagine she's 18" is not sufficient. A result of her aging has to be present as well. The idea that she's 18 (or more) because the series ended several years ago just doesn't fly.

So the short answer is that if the character doesn't become of age as presented through traditional media, artificial/artistic aging must be convincingly applied for that character to be appropriate here. If the character does age into adulthood, use the adult version.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

Return to “Manipulations”