Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 11/29/18)

Making Fakes? Post Them Here!
quicksand3D

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 8/11/18)

Postby quicksand3D » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks for making these new additions. I can really appreciate the work that goes into creating these scenes. Any plans of shooting a Batgirl video in the quicksand cake? For now I just imagine your perils of Batgirl in quicksand DVD is just a chocolate cake instead of strawberry - kinda works...

quagmire_uk

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 8/11/18)

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:06 pm

This really is incredible. And I just read your post a few pages back about how you built your own recreation of the lifter out of wood, I somehow missed that before! Amazing dedication, but the results speak for themselves.

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 8/20/18)

Postby Jim_Weathers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:53 am

Howdy all,

Here are the next couple images...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jim_Weathers on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

gluednylonfeet

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 8/20/18)

Postby gluednylonfeet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 pm

This slow build is awesome! I'd love to see you do some glue stuck work :D

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 9/5/18)

Postby Jim_Weathers » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:36 am

Okay, it's been a couple weeks, but I haven't been idle. Here are the next few pics. I only have a couple more images to do before she finally gets to the center. After that I actually have the next few done... I hope you are enjoying her slog through the strange frosting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jim_Weathers on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CurlyJ

Postby CurlyJ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi Jim….Been humming a certain Tom Petty song in my head for the last couple of weeks....but really grateful for the update. I always remember to tell myself...you're not getting PAID to do this and you have a life apart from sitting for endless hours at the computer making these. It's a masterpiece that no one other than you would have made the effort to create. I hope it's bringing you as much joy to make as it is for us to view....

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Postby Jim_Weathers » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:53 pm

CurlyJ wrote:Hi Jim….Been humming a certain Tom Petty song in my head for the last couple of weeks....but really grateful for the update. I always remember to tell myself...you're not getting PAID to do this and you have a life apart from sitting for endless hours at the computer making these. It's a masterpiece that no one other than you would have made the effort to create. I hope it's bringing you as much joy to make as it is for us to view....

Yeah - this isn't paying the bills. It is just something that I wanted to do, and am enjoying. I wish it were easier. I guess I could learn poser or whatever, but that has a certain computer look and that really isn't what I was going for. Doing it this way does have its pitfalls. There is always a possibility that I don't draw them correctly - and it is a serious struggle to make the pics look like one another - but it is rewarding in a way. I figure that it may take me ages to do them, but over time, they will get done and folks will have something that wouldn't have existed otherwise.

Looking back, I've been doing photo manips for a long time and I've never been one to churn them out. I can only hope is that people appreciate them.

Oh - and on a separate note: I re-edited the previous pics I just put up - changed some things around and fixed a couple little problems, so if you are so inclined, I recommend grabbing them and replacing the older ones.

CurlyJ

Postby CurlyJ » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:01 am

Thanks for the head's up on the recent edits. Something special just happened with your last manip….don't know if you noticed but something about her head passing in front of the air vents on the building gave it the best 3d 'pop' I've seen yet. Very cool.
I may have to agree with your timeline....38 images and we still have a ways to go....wow. Well, I guess it'll be the 1st big thing to look forward to in 2019, lol.
I do wish there were a few more comments posted. I'm sure they'd all be positive and I can't help but think you'd appreciate the encouragement.
Well for what it's worth....I'm a fan. Actually been a fan for years. Your work had me a regular at the bondage cafe for years. The work you did with Christine, Kendra, Randy, Emily, Angela, Randy ("You wrote Randy twice". "I like Randy"....borrowed from Blazing Saddles :lol:) Dude, you were my hero...

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Postby Jim_Weathers » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:40 am

CurlyJ wrote:Thanks for the head's up on the recent edits. Something special just happened with your last manip….don't know if you noticed but something about her head passing in front of the air vents on the building gave it the best 3d 'pop' I've seen yet. Very cool.
I may have to agree with your timeline....38 images and we still have a ways to go....wow. Well, I guess it'll be the 1st big thing to look forward to in 2019, lol.
I do wish there were a few more comments posted. I'm sure they'd all be positive and I can't help but think you'd appreciate the encouragement.
Well for what it's worth....I'm a fan. Actually been a fan for years. Your work had me a regular at the bondage cafe for years. The work you did with Christine, Kendra, Randy, Emily, Angela, Randy ("You wrote Randy twice". "I like Randy"....borrowed from Blazing Saddles :lol:) Dude, you were my hero...

Thanks for the comments. I do like the last few pics - mainly because I like the way Batgirl came out in them. She was created out of about 15 different images, and a lot of sculpting and texturing - and she still looks real.

In terms of comments, it could well be that folks feel it hasn't gotten to the "good" part yet, or they just aren't fans of Batgirl, or the concept, or frankly, the images. It's all good. I'm a fan and I'm doing these because it is fun... -and I appreciate that there are some like minded folks here - so thank you.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:45 pm

i'm guilty of waiting for the Good Parts to begin :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “Manipulations”