Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 11/29/18)

Making Fakes? Post Them Here!
Jim_Weathers
Producer

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 9/19/18)

Postby Jim_Weathers » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:12 am

A few more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jim_Weathers on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 9/19/18)

Postby Jim_Weathers » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:15 am

Next few
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Re: Batgirl's Annivesary Quicksand Cake (updated 9/20/18)

Postby Jim_Weathers » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:18 am

Almost there... :)

CurlyJ

Postby CurlyJ » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:10 am

Just wanted to give this thread a healthy bump until Jim gets around to the next batch. The suspense is killing me!....

Jim_Weathers
Producer

Postby Jim_Weathers » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:44 am

CurlyJ wrote:Just wanted to give this thread a healthy bump until Jim gets around to the next batch. The suspense is killing me!....

Hmm... well, I've actually been working on these quite a bit. I went back and created a section of the setup of the whole scene with Barbara in her apartment talking to the Commissioner on the phone and then getting dressed - and I've put together some more at the end - but...

I was thinking with all the effort this was taking me, that I was probably just going to put it all up on my site as a continuing story. It doesn't really seem that there is all that much interest in this here. Yes, there are a couple folks (including you) that obviously are really digging it, but the rest of the folks don't really seem to care all that much.

CurlyJ

Postby CurlyJ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:32 am

quote]It doesn't really seem that there is all that much interest in this here. Yes, there are a couple folks (including you) that obviously are really digging it, but the rest of the folks don't really seem to care all that much.[/quote]

Hi Jim. Glad to hear from you. Also glad to hear you haven't abandoned the project. It was clear how much passion and effort you were bringing to it. I completely understand where you're coming from and fully support your decision to reserve it for your site.
I do think it's a shame there wasn't more show of support as this was a far cry from the simple 1 or 2 manipulations was see from other contributors. It was (and still is!) something unique and truly special.
I'm hoping in some small way some others will see how complacency can play a big part in whether ones efforts to produce their work continue to be shared this way or not. Based on how many views I've seen on this page....they weren't exactly 'skipping over' this story.
Again I just want to say thank you for sharing what you did with the community and would ask if you wouldn't mind maybe either PMing me or just formally announcing on the site when you decide to put up your finished work.
Best wishes! Jay

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am

I think some people might be losing interest because they are impatient and want Batgirl to just SINK already... that’s what I think, anyway.

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Jim_Weathers wrote:
CurlyJ wrote:Just wanted to give this thread a healthy bump until Jim gets around to the next batch. The suspense is killing me!....

Hmm... well, I've actually been working on these quite a bit. I went back and created a section of the setup of the whole scene with Barbara in her apartment talking to the Commissioner on the phone and then getting dressed - and I've put together some more at the end - but...

I was thinking with all the effort this was taking me, that I was probably just going to put it all up on my site as a continuing story. It doesn't really seem that there is all that much interest in this here. Yes, there are a couple folks (including you) that obviously are really digging it, but the rest of the folks don't really seem to care all that much.

on the one hand, it's hard to keep the interest going when the last update was in Sept; and up to this point there's a lot of backstory without any actual sinking, is that fair?
on the other hand, i'm a member of the Cafe and i'll see it there if that's what you end up doing
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

groppingmire

Postby groppingmire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 pm

yep story great but mobilty greater how long do you watch a movie that gose nowhere story gotta flow to attract attention

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm enjoying every update. And I'm a huge fan of the Batgirl story you did on the Cafe.

I think a great solution would be to continue doing the story here, but once it's complete, post it on the Cafe as well.

If the story just remains here, and not the Cafe, then there are a bunch of potential fans that could miss out. I'm sure there are plenty of Cafe users who would appreciate it - because it's a Batgirl peril story - but who aren't big enough quicksand enthusiasts to be members here.

On the flipside, I'm sure there's plenty of Cafe users who wouldn't be fussed about it - ones that are exclusively into bondage, not quicksand. But it's always good for your website to have more content.

As for still having the story here... well, there must be loads of quicksand fans who would never think of joining the Cafe because they are exclusively into quicksand, not bondage. So if the story became exclusive to the Cafe, then those quicksand fans would miss out. You could decide that it should be an exclusive reward for your paying customers on the Cafe, and that would be totally fair. But if you're looking for maximum exposure, and maximum enjoyment by the greatest number of people, then keeping it here AND putting it on the Cafe would seem to be the way to go.

Return to “Manipulations”