Re: Poser Sinking!

Postby MadMax359 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:14 pm

PM2K wrote:Hm... liking where this is heading.... downwards! :twisted:

but not too quickly!! :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 am

I don't want to sound as if I'm being picky or cocky, but I think it would help a lot if you did a couple of things differently for your manipulations. For starters, to help with that low res look, you could render your characters at or above the resolution for the photo you're going to have them sink into, which currently appears to be at 1600x1200 for the backgrounds in most of you posts. Second, render have them exported or saved as .tiff or .png files to avoid the messy white areas that usually borders the models. Plus, it gives the overall image a much cleaner look.

Otherwise, some general cleanup would go a long way, if you're not rendering the girls out yourself.

muckman

Postby muckman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Well - here is one more sinker! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, COMMENTS AND CRITQUES WITHSTANDING!!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:27 am

I like! :D 'Nuff said!

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:02 pm

keep 'em sinking!

as for critiques, it's a fine line... i'm sure folks prefer getting praise and acclamation... but isn't good also to hear honest reactions and suggestion? :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:05 am

Very nice!

I especially liked the "ohmygosh" pics with the red undewear from the previous page. :) Though I really like this one too.

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 am

Well, I honestly thought, at the time, my advice on the subject was sound. I wasn't trying to be mean about it or anything, but I guess it was unwarranted and unneeded. :?

So, I'll say no more.

muckman

Postby muckman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:50 pm

AyaneMatrix wrote:Well, I honestly thought, at the time, my advice on the subject was sound. I wasn't trying to be mean about it or anything, but I guess it was unwarranted and unneeded. :?

So, I'll say no more.

Acturaly, I do appreciate some critque from time to time. These are merly manipulations. I'm not using any fancy Poser software programs. It's just plain old cut and paste, using Photo Impression Suite. Maybe I might inspire to use actual Poser software someday. As long as others enjoy my pictures of women sinking into quicksand, I'll continue. I go to poser sites, find models that I feel are best suited for this genre, and go to work.

Do you think that the technques you mentioned will work better, even on Photo Impression? I might try it. I'm planning a picture story, and hints would be greatful!

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:07 pm

muckman wrote:Acturaly, I do appreciate some critque from time to time. These are merly manipulations. I'm not using any fancy Poser software programs. It's just plain old cut and paste, using Photo Impression Suite. Maybe I might inspire to use actual Poser software someday. As long as others enjoy my pictures of women sinking into quicksand, I'll continue. I go to poser sites, find models that I feel are best suited for this genre, and go to work.

Do you think that the technques you mentioned will work better, even on Photo Impression? I might try it. I'm planning a picture story, and hints would be greatful!

You don't necessarily need to have Poser per say to get the models rendered the way you want them, you could easily use DAZ|Studio and their free sets of models to accomplish some of your tasks. Then some of that info would be applicable. :geek: This is all providing the software I mentioned works reasonably well on your computer and has OpenGL acceleration enabled. If anything, I also recommend looking into the training videos that DAZ has made if you decide to check out the software. There are also other alternatives out there, but that requires more understanding of those applications to get similar results.

As for techniques that work with Photo Impression software, I'm not entirely sure much of what I'm going to say will apply as I don't use it for my works; generally, I go between Photoshop 7/CS3 or GIMP for any postwork. But, there are a couple of things that could help:
  1. Depending on the source of the character(s) you use, try to make sure that the background that they come from is either transparent or erasable. This helps a lot when trying to make the character fit into the scene. Plus, get as close the character as possible for better results.
  2. If you don't want to loose the original image you're working on, using layer masks and setting the areas you want to hide to all black will do the same thing as the eraser tool, but can be altered for transparency and does not hurt the underlying image; though, this technique tends to vary from program to program, so take it with a grain of salt.
  3. Lighting is especially important for fakes or even general postwork on images. If possible, try to make sure the character(s) and their environment lighting and shadows match and mesh together cohesively. This works better for believability and generally catches the eye better.
  4. Cleanup! Once everything is done, check to make sure if there's any places leftover that still needs some treatment, then you're done!

I think that's pretty much it. The rest is going to be dependent on your experience with your program of choice and overall skill.

Hope it helps. ;)

Return to “Manipulations”