BOG FOOD - geoVORE brought to life!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
Boggy Man

BOG FOOD - geoVORE brought to life!

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:48 am

Back on Wednesday, September 19'th, 2012, I shot a video that wound up being quite the "fixer-upper"! :shock: Even though certain aspects of it didn't turn out the way I had hoped (poor lighting, shadows moving over the area, me improvising some lines that I later realized might not appeal to everyone and wished I had said something different), the quality of the mud, and the way it behaved was such that I just HAD to get it into a nice, presentable form before finally unleashing this boggy beast! :twisted: I also had to face numerous iMovie crashes before finally splitting the movie up into two, exporting them and then merging them back into one. Because I felt that this video is so special, I decided it deserved its own thread to set it apart from all my others! 8-)

For this particular video, I didn't want to trust it with YouTube. So instead, Dave was gracious enough to host it on his server (Thank you very much, Dave)! :D It is a 748.78 MB downloadable .mov file, so there should be no artifacting, unlike on YouTube where they compress the files a lot.

BTW, those of you with heart problems should have heart medication handy while viewing this video, just in case!

Enjoy! 8-)

BOG FOOD

A man in the remote, isolated wilderness gets all geared up for a refreshing swim in a lake. While walking along the grassy shoreline to find an ideal entrance point, he inadvertently steps into what he discovers, to his horror, is not your average run-of-the-mill patch of muddy ground! :twisted:

http://www.mpvstuff.com/misc/BogFood.mov
Last edited by Boggy Man on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Chimerix

Re: BOG FOOD!

Postby Chimerix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:48 pm

I would SO love to be the next meal! Maybe, now the the bog is sated, I would sink even more slowly into that thick, pulsating mass!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

clayboy

Postby clayboy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:18 am

BRAVO! It's refreshing to see imagination and creativity applied to quicksand encounters. Yours is a fine Christmas gift to us, Boggy Man.

Sandy Place

Postby Sandy Place » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Thanks for sharing your adventures, BoggyMan.

That is some really, really nice stuff you've got there.
If only you should ship some down here...

Cheers,
sp

Boggy Man

Re: BOG FOOD - geoVORE brought to life!

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:08 am

I figured that it is finally time to reveal to those who haven't checked it out, what it is that sets this video apart from all my others! :) As you can guess from the revised subject line, I made this video with a (geo)VORE theme! :twisted: With the addition of sound effects (and some additional editing), I brought the bog to life, with it behaving like some kind of starving creature slowly sucking down its victim, taking its own sweet time to savor its MEal! :twisted: And, because this creature is a living bog, it has horrendous table manners (i.e. it has none)! :shock:
Last edited by Boggy Man on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:22 am

I have to ask where you got the sound effect from lol? the bog looks amazing boggy, literally is alive! I am hopelessly jelous!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:14 am

gamwam wrote:I have to ask where you got the sound effect from lol? the bog looks amazing boggy, literally is alive! I am hopelessly jelous!

If you slow the video down or pause it around the end, the sources are listed in the scrolling credits. I sped them up to pass by in the blink of an eye because I wanted to give credit to the sources, while avoiding creating a "buzz kill". Here is the list of places you can get the original unmodified effects:

http://www.sounddogs.com
http://www.soundbible.com
http://www.freesound.org/people/XxBirdoxX/

A source of 100 funny fart sounds was no longer available, although some from that package may be scattered here and there over the internet.

I also created some sucking sounds myself using iMovie's voiceover feature.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mrcactus747

Postby mrcactus747 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi there!

Finally after several months, Im BACK!!!! I really like your video. I wish to be in there with my scrub outfits in, mostly white or red. I would love to be its food.. ;) I wish to find a place in Ohio where I can go and sink in it as long as I can get out. ;)

muddypoo1911

Postby muddypoo1911 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:13 pm

What a fantastic scene! That mud is amazingly perfect! If you could arrange that same scene with a female model, I'd pre-order it yesterday!

GlasirMaria

Postby GlasirMaria » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:38 pm

I tried download and I can't :oops:
Be happy always and watch my da: https://glarsir.deviantart.com/

Return to “Home Movies”