anyone sank lately?

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
QSMud

Re: anyone sank lately?

Postby QSMud » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:21 am

I have been out as it warms up but no new videos. It's hard to come up with new stuff, and like others have said, it seems the interest in male sinking is not the same as female. Understandable, but if you want to see my videos, they are all here:

https://umd.net/profile/i/qsmud/section/videos

Perhaps if there is interest I will put some more up. My time is limited, only a short time with this awesome mud before I have to relocate and start over in my search!

QuagmireGiggity

Postby QuagmireGiggity » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 pm

QSMud wrote:I have been out as it warms up but no new videos. It's hard to come up with new stuff, and like others have said, it seems the interest in male sinking is not the same as female. Understandable, but if you want to see my videos, they are all here:

Perhaps if there is interest I will put some more up. My time is limited, only a short time with this awesome mud before I have to relocate and start over in my search!

There cefinitely is interest from me--I've been a huge fan of your vids since I first discovered them last year!

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

QSMud wrote:I have been out as it warms up but no new videos. It's hard to come up with new stuff, and like others have said, it seems the interest in male sinking is not the same as female. Understandable, but if you want to see my videos, they are all here:

ill second that! ive watched them so many times i know the sound of the bubbles inside out !

The Highwayman

Postby The Highwayman » Thu May 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Sadly not yet this year as it's still quite cold here at the moment in England. I plan to go in the next few weeks. At the spot I have used the longest I have to go at night so it's even colder than during the day and the other is a long walk.
I don't usually take pictures because if I dropped my phone there I'd never find it!!

I can't wait for warmer weather to get into my jodhpurs and riding boots and riding shirt and get out onto the marshes into the mire MMM!!!

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Fri May 05, 2017 11:17 pm

The Highwayman wrote:Sadly not yet this year as it's still quite cold here at the moment in England. I plan to go in the next few weeks. At the spot I have used the longest I have to go at night so it's even colder than during the day and the other is a long walk.
I don't usually take pictures because if I dropped my phone there I'd never find it!!

I can't wait for warmer weather to get into my jodhpurs and riding boots and riding shirt and get out onto the marshes into the mire MMM!!!

nice to see someone from the uk! i haven't sunk for years since i moved into the dead centre of the uk,. nowt here except city:(

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat May 06, 2017 6:38 am

I sank again in my favorite bog and did end up a few inches below the muds surface with the sky still visible (bog was that thick, the hole above me did not close). Was a great success!

I was just wondering if someone here has experience with using a snorkel? That would allow going even deeper a very convenient way, isn't it? Or are there any concerns?
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat May 06, 2017 7:51 am

bogbud wrote:I sank again in my favorite bog and did end up a few inches below the muds surface with the sky still visible (bog was that thick, the hole above me did not close). Was a great success!

I was just wondering if someone here has experience with using a snorkel? That would allow going even deeper a very convenient way, isn't it? Or are there any concerns?

Glad to hear that you were able to have the type of sink I always loved - staring up at a gap in the mud over my head at the sky, my favorite thickness! :mrgreen: But, I usually sunk deep enough for it to close briefly before rising up and have it open again! :) For me, I usually have to wait until mid to late August or even September before my stuff gets that thick (I used to have a place that thickened up earlier, but was too labor-intensive to keep loosened).

I never used a snorkel, but I have breathed through a short length of PVC pipe, but found that I came close to chipping some teeth at times (wrapping some duct tape around the end I put in my mouth helped). I have used a very long Shop-Vac hose, which is softer, but due to its length, I had to use the hose only for inhaling, and exhaled through my nose, since it was too long for a breath to suck in fresh air from the end if I were to both inhale and exhale through it.

On Thursday, we finally had our first taste of summerlike weather this year, the first day with temperatures actually well on the sunny side of normal, finally ending months of persistently below normal temperatures! :D But, because I am leery of anything too strenuous yet and am still in the process of getting in shape, I couldn't take advantage of it. :( We then had thunderstorms and heavy rainstorms over the past day (and lots of flooding along creeks in southern BC, and perhaps enhancing the quicksilt slide area), but things warm back up again at the end of the weekend, and into next week, but I still won't be able to take advantage of it to sink into my quicksilt slide area! :( However, based on the way I have been feeling (walking up steep embankments at our place don't seem to bother me as much as I had been concerned about), perhaps I just might be able to try out the Harris Creek slide within the next month or so (fingers crossed), after all! :) But, my organic bogs will remain underwater until some time in July. :(
Last edited by Boggy Man on Sun May 07, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sat May 06, 2017 11:57 pm

bogbud wrote:I sank again in my favorite bog and did end up a few inches below the muds surface with the sky still visible (bog was that thick, the hole above me did not close). Was a great success!

cool,. so as per the original post, did you make a video to share?

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun May 07, 2017 7:16 am

gamwam wrote:

I go sinking when it is dark or at least at dusk. I also don't carry electronic devices when I go to the bog. Only thing I could do next time is make some photos of that place with a normal camera before I go into the mud so that people get a general impression and can be sure I'm not lying.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Sun May 07, 2017 10:33 pm

bogbud wrote:
gamwam wrote:

I go sinking when it is dark or at least at dusk. I also don't carry electronic devices when I go to the bog. Only thing I could do next time is make some photos of that place with a normal camera before I go into the mud so that people get a general impression and can be sure I'm not lying.

no one assumes your lieing,.. it would just be nice to see someone interacting with the mud as apposed to a pic of some mud - i always filmed my sinks years ago,.. no need for a camera man,. i just set the camera down pointing where i wanted t o sink, hit record and dived in - i havens sunk myself though for over 10 years :( which is probably why i like it so much when i get to see others sinking

Return to “Home Movies”