Game-sourced home movie

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
BogDog

Re: Game-sourced home movie

Postby BogDog » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:42 am

Thank you. I'm very happy you liked it.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:20 pm

The story is really lovely. Those poor bucks, though...

Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:53 pm

I don't know how I missed your recent videos, but these have all been great. I loved the fairy videos, but the Huntress was simply outstanding. So many excellent scenes and different perils. I especially like that you added some boot action for us fans of that too! But really, the whole things was awesome.

I'm really, really impressed with your creativity and artistry here. To take a game (that frustrates me because I suck at it - although maybe sucking is the point...) and turn it into these original and innovative scenes is just incredible. It's so amazing all the wonderful things we see on this board, it is truly a wonderful time for us QS enthusiasts. Thank you for sharing!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:17 am

Thank you. Very kind words.

I don't know where these stories come from. I have toyed with graphics and animation but have never been a story-teller. I'm just playing out fantasy ideas I have had for ages. Go figure.

So glad people are enjoying them. Happy sinking!

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:50 pm

BogDog wrote:Thank you. Very kind words.

I don't know where these stories come from. I have toyed with graphics and animation but have never been a story-teller. I'm just playing out fantasy ideas I have had for ages. Go figure.

So glad people are enjoying them. Happy sinking!

Well, it's pretty rare to see jungle girls that actually like sinking, so if you needed any ideas...

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:52 am

I am considering a fun sink video after seeing how popular my brief Nana mud-romp has been using that background you provided.

Not sure which characters though. Maybe I'll re-use Cyndi and Roxie, or bring someone back who hasn't been seen for awhile. I really never know what will be coming next. The clips just seem to gel on their own. ;)

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:27 pm

BogDog wrote:I am considering a fun sink video after seeing how popular my brief Nana mud-romp has been using that background you provided.

Not sure which characters though. Maybe I'll re-use Cyndi and Roxie, or bring someone back who hasn't been seen for awhile. I really never know what will be coming next. The clips just seem to gel on their own. ;)

Maybe a completely new character, even?

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:01 am

I can't believe it. I think I know my audience now.

The quicksand movie I spent 1-1/2 years making has a count of 3,212 views to date.

The 4-minute mud lark clip I made shortly after in one hour has a view count of 3,211. I expect it to pass the movie in a few days.

Life is so absurd sometimes that one just has to laugh or go crazy. I choose :lol:

;)

P.S....The latest BOGDOG movie is just finishing up. It is NOT a mud-dunking-for-fun movie, but I guess I have to make one now afterwards. A shame it's not one of my personal interests. :|

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:32 am

The preview is out: https://youtu.be/PVVWkZsbPCQ

8-)

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:09 am

I am thoroughly excited for it!

It must be disheartening to see that your year-long project "The Huntress" only got a similar number of views to your short videos. The Huntress is a masterpiece and I love that you told a proper story (as well as doing all kinds of amazing editing tricks).

While an assumption might be that a large part of the audience has a short attention span, you'd think that would mean many viewers only watching a few minutes of the video (something you can check in YouTube analytics)... But the surprising thing is people not clicking at all.

Something to do with the title? The thumbnail? Or people just seeing the length of the video, and not even trying it?

I imagine most people want to enjoy your videos with a bit of privacy ("What's that you are watching?" "Erm...") so a 5 minutes video is something they might be able to discreetly look at immediately but a 40 minute video, they might think "hmm, I'll check that out later..." And then forget, of course.

I myself I only just got around to watching your Pixie Perils - I think I discovered it at 1am, and I wanted to properly enjoy a 50 minute video. (Although I do think I previously clicked on it, so it would have counted as a "view", even if I only got to watch 1 minute of it.)

Then again... I see that many of your more recent videos have a similar number of views (around 3k to 4k) regardless of length... Pixie Perils is longer and yet has even more views.

I think you've got a small but dedicated fanbase of a couple of thousand that click on everything regardless of 5 minutes long or 50 minutes long, and then each time there are a few thousand randomers, and who knows what algorithms take them to you.

Return to “Home Movies”