Game-sourced home movie

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
BogDog

Re: Game-sourced home movie

Postby BogDog » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:40 pm

It was fun to do. Glad you enjoyed it. That one took more time and work than any previous.

I'm on hiatus right now as I await what additions/improvements MudBait adds to version 2.0 (or whatever version it will be labeled). Just working on clothes, hair and props for new characters and trying some things in-game to see what works and what fails. Sadly, I've had to toss a lot of ideas away due to game limitations.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:36 am

Working on a pair of new characters all week. This is trickier than it sounds, as some clothing like Nana's skirt use several frames of art for various jumping, kneeling or running animations. Getting them to look proper and flow together smoothly takes a lot of repetition work.... mod the art, assemble the frames into a single GIF, place it in-game, start up the game, take a screen shot, then examine what I have and then make changes and do it all over again. Took me over a day to do one full length skirt.

I have a copy of Game Maker ... and a Game Maker 8.1 de-compiler for accessing the files in the CrackleCradlePlusExtended .EXE file to see if there's anything useful I can mod (CCPX was made with Game Maker 8.1). But so far I cannot figure out how to use the de-complier correctly yet.

So I'm just doing pixel art for now until I get it figured out, or MudBait completes his version 2 of the demo. I made a couple of lovely ladies I THINK come from memory, but I need to create names for them.

What do you think? Any names come to mind when you view them? :)
who.are.we.jpg

I doubt if it's necessary, but click here for a hint if needed: https://i.imgur.com/ccpb3Vu.jpg

;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BogDog on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 am

Nothing? Oh well. Thought you'd like those two.

It's been quiet since I released the "Roxie" adventure clip. I guess some people were disappointed and expecting something else, coming so soon after Yuki's "She-Bop" session in the mud bogs. That was just an experiment with a request made over a year ago, and not really the direction I was heading in.

Or maybe Roxie wasn't attractive enough. Dunno. I was shooting for the poor, rural, village girl image. I liked it anyway ;)

MEANWHILE, since the last vid release I've been working on new models and running experiments to see what I can and cannot do with props. One task is creating new hair themes, which takes many hours to so to make the 2,3, or more hair style images for each model and have the different angles match-up well when she turns her head.

It's convert the new or altered artwork to GIF,
use Animagic to assemble multiple images into an animated GIF if needed ( most of the character graphics do)
Copy GIF into the game character's dedicated folder,
Start game,
Run game,
Examine work done.....take screenshots if needed,
Return to Photoshop and make corrections or improvements,
Go back to the top of this list and do it again...and again.......and again.....and ag.....

I've done this hundreds of time in the last 2 weeks. Sometimes I'm up until 4-5 in the morning trying to get hair or a multi-frame skirt to look right. I guess I do my best work with my eyes half-closed. :lol:

I can't show much new without spoiling something, but I slapped together a so-called floor show revealing some of the new character hair. Someday you'll will see some if not all of these on a new character in a video. The gown they are all wearing was the one I made to resemble one of Ginger's. The dress alone was 2-day effort.

Hope they look OK to everyone. LINK: https://youtu.be/dIhkpJSAyuA

P.S..... Still trying to figure out how to use the GameMaker 8.1 decomplier so I can go deeper into the innards of the game and see if I can do more with it. Not giving up yet.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:23 am

Sorry. We liked it...and her.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:31 am

Thx. You've shown more interest than anyone.

I'm HOPING to find a way to change the background "trees" image of the demo so that I can make an island-like setting for Mary Ann and Ginger. Limited scenery makes for limited story possibilities. The current one seems to be hard-coded into the game.EXE and is not accessible to me at this time.

I can do more with hand-held props too, if I can just get things figures out. I made a bow once to try an American western indian maiden theme experiment, but she can only hold it by the top end of the bow, so no-go for that prop. :(

'Til later. Thx again.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:51 am

No problem.

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:16 am

I really like long evening gowns, so you've piqued my interest. ;) Not that I haven't liked all your other videos, mind you... on the contrary, they've been quite enjoyable. 8-)

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:26 am

Appreciate that.

I had some ideas for modding the pitcher plant-like Vore plant, which now is re-animated (new art) and features LOTS of slime :twisted: .

I also drastically modded the Vore plant in another experiment to make a tentacled plant monster that wrapped her in vines. I'm very happy with the mod, thought haven't figured out how to stop her from being covered with slime anyway. Digging deep into code and experimenting with changes... took me a day to figure out how to trigger the plant by just getting close enough to touch, without having to jump on it as usual ;)

The more things I can mod or add, the more potential storylines come into my head. I think I already found a way to replace the ambience swamp noises with the background music from Gilligan's Island :) I'll just keep digging deeper into the "works" and keep finding how it all ticks.
Dig, dig, dig...

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Woah, "Roxie - Quest for Gold" was bloody amazing! You do such a great job of using the game to tell stories, and you keep getting better and better. Each is more ambitious, and each time you succeed!

Also, chuckled watching your "Crackle Cradle Floor Show" - you did a fashion show, with appropriate fashion show music! Haha!

hiimawesome

Postby hiimawesome » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:35 pm

Pretty great work man!

Return to “Home Movies”