My first sinking video

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
QUICKSANDMAN

My first sinking video

Postby QUICKSANDMAN » Mon May 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello all
I recently begun deep sinking late last year. I can confidently say I have became addicted. Found a nice secluded quarry in the fields and I can say I have gone way to many times :lol:

I would like to share with you my experience, so here is just a quick little 10 min video of me sinking. I had some difficulty with my cameras because one of them sank in the clay so I had to change views to my lower quality camera. Also added some bubbles at the end from a different video I took from before(too dark to see anything)

Hope you enjoy my first video!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bogbud

Re: My first sinking video

Postby bogbud » Mon May 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Really dark but I guess this is a necessity because the quarry is still in use.
Impressive sink and that clay looks really thick and creamy!
Keep it up and don't get caught.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

sinker562

Postby sinker562 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:25 pm

That looks like an awesome pit and a great sink. You're right, once ya find a good place it's easy to get hooked. Here's hoping for many more amazing sinks in the near future. Woof!

gjhkigkhjf

Postby gjhkigkhjf » Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 pm

good video, like this is the first time ive seen someone submerge into a quarry that looked bottomless yet dry and lacking buoyancy , were you standing up the whole way there? i can imagine you not being quite there to reach your stick, the best part is it looked slightly sticky too, like the real deal. I am never letting this video go.

if your are able next time, you should take a slightly better light
Last edited by gjhkigkhjf on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Tue May 26, 2020 12:01 am

great sink,. and considering you filmed at night realyl impressive that you got so much on camera,. i remember those days when i used to go sinking in essex quarries nearly every night in the summer months,... i learnt a heck of a lot back then about sinking incloduing how to use a hose to stay under if the pressure permitted - i miss those times and honestly wish i had never moved north :(

QUICKSANDMAN

Postby QUICKSANDMAN » Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 am

bogbud wrote:Really dark but I guess this is a necessity because the quarry is still in use.
Impressive sink and that clay looks really thick and creamy!
Keep it up and don't get caught.

The clay was really thick, I was having a hard time just breathing, but I'm sure that was also because of my excitement :D

sinker562 wrote:That looks like an awesome pit and a great sink. You're right, once ya find a good place it's easy to get hooked. Here's hoping for many more amazing sinks in the near future. Woof!

It is a great pit, only real downside is that its 2 1/2 hours away, luckly my work days of line up great with the quarry's off days

gjhkigkhjf wrote:good video, like this is the first time ive seen someone submerge into a quarry that looked bottomless yet dry and lacking buoyancy , were you standing up the whole way there? i can imagine you not being quite there to reach your stick, the best part is it looked slightly sticky too, like the real deal. I am never letting this video go.

if your are able next time, you should go naked and take a slightly better light

It is all dry too, I remember my first time walking along the banks, all dry clay, very big dry cracks on the surface, but not dry enough took one step too far onto the dry clay and I sunk half way to my knee. Gave me a rush of excitement I have not had since my very first sink. On this video I stand up until I'm a little past my waist, then I start kicking my feet in front of me to start angling my body(thats the reason my HD camera sank into the mud) But once the pit is mixed up it gets a little thinner. Last time I was at this exact spot and after playing in it for about 20 minutes I am able to pencil dive straight in and sink up to about mid chest, then I can dig my arms in and finish the submersion off that way. This stuff is kinda sticky, when I come up I would have to say i have about an inch of mud caked on me, makes me really heavy so I have to get it all off to be able to walk without sinking in again

gamwam wrote:great sink,. and considering you filmed at night realyl impressive that you got so much on camera,. i remember those days when i used to go sinking in essex quarries nearly every night in the summer months,... i learnt a heck of a lot back then about sinking incloduing how to use a hose to stay under if the pressure permitted - i miss those times and honestly wish i had never moved north :(

Ive used a snorkel a lot of times to stay under
What kind of hose did you use, I was looking for one last time but I was unsure what to go with

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Wed May 27, 2020 11:37 pm

Ive used a snorkel a lot of times to stay under
What kind of hose did you use, I was looking for one last time but I was unsure what to go with

it was actually a waste hose that would usually fit a washing machine which i brought from a hardware store,. i found it was the perfect diameter to hold in my mouth without jaw ache and its corrugated nature with flanged end meant it was easy to grip,. it also has just the right amount of flexibility to bend as i moved around below without the end of the hose becoming submerged

maria

Postby maria » Thu May 28, 2020 7:36 am

QUICKSANDMAN wrote:Hello all
I recently begun deep sinking late last year. I can confidently say I have became addicted. Found a nice secluded quarry in the fields and I can say I have gone way to many times :lol:

I would like to share with you my experience, so here is just a quick little 10 min video of me sinking. I had some difficulty with my cameras because one of them sank in the clay so I had to change views to my lower quality camera. Also added some bubbles at the end from a different video I took from before(too dark to see anything)

Hope you enjoy my first video!

What a fantastic place to sink and that mud/clay looks so inviting, thick and just waiting for someone to sink in its hungry grip :D

Hope you can make some more videos when it's a bit lighter, and thanks for sharing - good work!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu May 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Great pit! Enjoy every minute of it and stay safe!

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Sun May 31, 2020 7:28 pm

That looks amazing. I only dream about finding clay like that... there are a ton of quarries near me but they're all rock quarries. :( So, no mud really.

Return to “Home Movies”