New animation

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
bbjohn

Re: New animation

Postby bbjohn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:16 am

Doomsand wrote:Wow, loved it. The addition of sound makes a big difference. Well done.

I've seen the original on youtube, great stuff. I love the animation style, has a really nostalgic feel to it.

Thanks, Doomsand. You're not the only one who liked the original on You Tube. It's had over 7,000 views in about ten-and-a-half months. For me, hand-drawn animation has a quality that computer-generated stuff just doesn't have. I feel I can put more personality in a drawn character than I can into one that's from a computer. If I may cite an example, I don't think the Road Runner cartoons would've been as nearly effective as they were had the characters been three-dimensional, as they are in most computer-generated stuff.

This is not to say I don't like computer-generated animation. Two of my all-time favorite movies are the Toy Story films. The three-dimensional quality was just what was needed to make these tales of toys come to life seem believable. I eagerly await the third movie, which is due out this summer.

Computer and hand-drawn animation both have their place. I hope hand-drawn never dies.

Big Bad John

Return to “Home Movies”