Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sept 2'nd, 201

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 am

dreamsun_14774 wrote:Hi Boggy Man,

your bogs and clips are really awesome. I really appreciate your great work. Please keep it up. The bogs are perfect. I like the consistency and texture of them and the great "waterbed-effect". I also have the wish to see some beautiful ladies in this great (thick) bog. Is it really the same bog where Lily Cameron and Catherine De Sade were in? On the photos in that thread the bog looks so watery and not very simelar to your great videos. It seems that there is not very much sinking possible if the bog is that watery. I wish the bog had the look and consistency as it had in your videos.

Regards

dreamsun_14774

I am really happy how this bog turned out, although its thickening was delayed by one of the worst springs I had seen in years, making my first outing, normally in early April, delayed until the beginning of the second week of July (blame it on the transition from El Nino to La Nina)! :shock: If I hadn't done any work on it the previous year (the widening of the pit and the addition of more mud on top to make it exposed earlier), it would have been a very small patch of mud that would not have been exposed until late summer. Lily Cameron and Catherine De Sade were in that pit after my July 8'th sink (first video set in this thread), but before my July 29'th sinks (second video set in this thread), and you will notice that the consistency was in between that of the two video sets. But, even if the bog is watery on top, it is still definitely sinkable, and capable of swallowing a person whole (looks like a nice "shallow" puddle to cool one's feet off in)! :twisted: I have added even more mud on top at the end of this past summer, which should make the mud exposed even earlier this year, and I hope to loosen it earlier than last year, as long as the weather cooperates (I hope La Nina doesn't ruin things).
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

kwiksand1

Postby kwiksand1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Boggy,

Thank you so much for posting these videos for us to enjoy. Your videos are what get me through a long, cold winter spent indoors and away from my local sinking spots... They are really amazing and I have been a big fan of your work for a long time now. Just wanted to say thanks and wish you a happy and safe 2011.

Please keep up the great work!

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:12 pm

kwiksand1 wrote:Boggy,

Thank you so much for posting these videos for us to enjoy. Your videos are what get me through a long, cold winter spent indoors and away from my local sinking spots... They are really amazing and I have been a big fan of your work for a long time now. Just wanted to say thanks and wish you a happy and safe 2011.

Please keep up the great work!

I'll second the kudos.. Boggy Man's videos have been an inspiration for things done at PRP for many years as well as a source for great adventure reading.

Robert

dreamsun_14774

Postby dreamsun_14774 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 am

Boggy Man wrote:
dreamsun_14774 wrote:Hi Boggy Man,

your bogs and clips are really awesome. I really appreciate your great work. Please keep it up. The bogs are perfect. I like the consistency and texture of them and the great "waterbed-effect". I also have the wish to see some beautiful ladies in this great (thick) bog. Is it really the same bog where Lily Cameron and Catherine De Sade were in? On the photos in that thread the bog looks so watery and not very simelar to your great videos. It seems that there is not very much sinking possible if the bog is that watery. I wish the bog had the look and consistency as it had in your videos.

Regards

dreamsun_14774

I am really happy how this bog turned out, although its thickening was delayed by one of the worst springs I had seen in years, making my first outing, normally in early April, delayed until the beginning of the second week of July (blame it on the transition from El Nino to La Nina)! :shock: If I hadn't done any work on it the previous year (the widening of the pit and the addition of more mud on top to make it exposed earlier), it would have been a very small patch of mud that would not have been exposed until late summer. Lily Cameron and Catherine De Sade were in that pit after my July 8'th sink (first video set in this thread), but before my July 29'th sinks (second video set in this thread), and you will notice that the consistency was in between that of the two video sets. But, even if the bog is watery on top, it is still definitely sinkable, and capable of swallowing a person whole (looks like a nice "shallow" puddle to cool one's feet off in)! :twisted: I have added even more mud on top at the end of this past summer, which should make the mud exposed even earlier this year, and I hope to loosen it earlier than last year, as long as the weather cooperates (I hope La Nina doesn't ruin things).

Yes the bog is really great when it gets (very) thick. It is such kind of bog I have in mind when I think about a perfect bog to go sinking in. :roll: I think a thicker bog makes the sinking much slower than a watery bog and I enjoy slow sinking very much. 8-) I doubt that it takes very long until Lily Cameron and Catherine De Sade were up tho their chest in this bog because it was so watery when the video was taken. :oops:
The bog from the mpv scene "NoNoNo" also looks awesome. :shock:
All your bogs are looking really great when the whole bog is shaking when someone is moving in or on top of it. :twisted:

DeepSink

Postby DeepSink » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 am

Boggy Man: I'm brand new to QSF, but have enjoyed your video postings for the past few years. The first one I came upon was "Fast Sink", which I must have played a thousand times now. I really like the idea of jumping into a bog and being able to easily work myself in over my head. Do you have any longer clips or DVDs for sale? Also, do you share any of your locations? I'm going to be taking a motorcycle trip up north (I live near Portland, Oregon) late July or early August, specifically for the purpose of finding and playing in great sinking locations. I'm going to record and post my own videos as soon as the weather warms up, too. I'm getting really stoked (and impatient) for the warm weather and sinking season to arrive! By the way, I'm also going to be posting details of a great spot I know of near Portland, as soon as I can figure out how to put it on the Google map. I tried to email this info to "DeepSinker", but the mail keeps bouncing back. Best Regards, DeepSink (I did not know at the time I chose my handle (just a few days ago) that someone else had a nickname so close to the one I chose). :D

cygnus421

Postby cygnus421 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 pm

DeepSink wrote:Boggy Man: I'm brand new to QSF, but have enjoyed your video postings for the past few years. The first one I came upon was "Fast Sink", which I must have played a thousand times now. I really like the idea of jumping into a bog and being able to easily work myself in over my head. Do you have any longer clips or DVDs for sale? Also, do you share any of your locations? I'm going to be taking a motorcycle trip up north (I live near Portland, Oregon) late July or early August, specifically for the purpose of finding and playing in great sinking locations. I'm going to record and post my own videos as soon as the weather warms up, too. I'm getting really stoked (and impatient) for the warm weather and sinking season to arrive! By the way, I'm also going to be posting details of a great spot I know of near Portland, as soon as I can figure out how to put it on the Google map. I tried to email this info to "DeepSinker", but the mail keeps bouncing back. Best Regards, DeepSink (I did not know at the time I chose my handle (just a few days ago) that someone else had a nickname so close to the one I chose). :D

PMs are your friend :-P
With the heart and mind united

DeepSink

Postby DeepSink » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 am

PMs are your friend
--What are "PMs" :?: -DeepSink

drg4023

Postby drg4023 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:48 am

PM=Private Message.

Like Email, but only within the forum.

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated May 11'th, 201

Postby Boggy Man » Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 am

This video was taken on Wednesday, May 4'th, my first day of biking, hiking and sinking of the season, at the Harris Creek slide area, as described in this thread. Okay, so this one is not really dramatic, and I am not really sinking. But, it is a foreshadowing of what is to come in the near future! :twisted: After getting sucked down to my waist, extracting myself, cleaning up, and getting dressed, I shot the following video of me tapping the rubbery surface of the bottomless quickclay/silt, making it quake and pulsate:

I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Chimerix

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated May 11'th, 201

Postby Chimerix » Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Looks promising!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “Home Movies”