Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sept 13'th, 2017!!!

Postby PM2K » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Wow.... that is classic mire! :D

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 pm

great looking mire,.. is that for us until next year then?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 am

PM2K wrote:Wow.... that is classic mire! :D

gamwam wrote:great looking mire,..

You can see why it is killing me not having been able to shoot any dramatic submergence scenes there! :( That "innocent-looking" shoreline really comes alive as soon as I set foot (followed by legs, and more of my body...) in it, and you can tell that it is hungry! :twisted:

is that for us until next year then?

I am afraid my season is finished for this year. :( For starters, hunting season is underway, although I haven't let it stop me before. :? But, the persistent heat has vanished after a cold front moved through Tuesday, replaced with much cooler weather, going from around 28˚C/82˚F just recently to 19˚C/66˚F the rest of this week and next weekend for highs in the valley (perhaps it might edge up slightly warmer than that, but not enough), with it turning even cooler next week with rain, and you can subtract around 5˚C/9˚F from the valley temps when you go into the high elevations where my bogs are (northeastern BC may get snow in the higher elevations, although I wouldn't be surprised if it snows high up in the mountains all along the BC/Alberta border). :(

Then, there is the problem with my neck, which hasn't improved, and I tend to wonder if I should have stopped my bikerides after my third one when the intense pain hit me at the end of my bikeride, since a week after that, my neck showed signs of improvement before my fourth outing, but has gone downhill ever since, and is now sensitive to even regular daily activities (and my prescribed physiotherapy exercises seem to make it worse). :? I just hope I can fully recover over the next 9 to 10 months, so I can bring you a new set of videos next summer, and with the addition of more mud to my bog, it should become exposed around half a month earlier than it would if I had done nothing on my last adventure! :D
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Lintime Sinker

Postby Lintime Sinker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 am

Boggy Man, for your next sinkings, can you wear opaque tights please !! :)

Kipcicles2

Postby Kipcicles2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:44 am

Boggy Man, was this video even scripted? As in the lines and stuff
Just an uptuned nose at the surface (。◕‿◕。)

Deano74

Postby Deano74 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:43 am

hello
Amazingly I have crossed the famous Grimpen mire it is called Fox Tor mire and i was very disappointed its been drained and is now about six foot lower, it was a dream for me to try it out, i did it and just ended up wet to my knees lol.
but thanks for the video my next dream is to visit BC and Canada.
wish best wishes,
Deano

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:06 am

so whats going on with boggy this year? much sinking news?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:13 am

Lintime Sinker wrote:Boggy Man, for your next sinkings, can you wear opaque tights please !! :)

Sorry, but I am limited in the sinking attire I can smuggle on my bicycle, and prefer just to sink with what I have (discarded clothes) and not invest in anything else.

Kipcicles2 wrote:Boggy Man, was this video even scripted? As in the lines and stuff

For my videos, I mostly improvise, although I do have a mental checklist of a few lines I like to throw in at certain times for each video, especially for the beginning.

Deano74 wrote:hello
Amazingly I have crossed the famous Grimpen mire it is called Fox Tor mire and i was very disappointed its been drained and is now about six foot lower, it was a dream for me to try it out, i did it and just ended up wet to my knees lol.
but thanks for the video my next dream is to visit BC and Canada.
wish best wishes,
Deano

Sorry to hear that the Foxtor mire itself was "sucked down". Perhaps you should search the area for more patches of mire that may not be drained. Google Maps may also help with that.

gamwam wrote:so whats going on with boggy this year? much sinking news?

So far, I have been trying to get over neck sensitivity that hit me last year, and it seemed that each time it started to improve, something would always make it worse again. :( I would have loved to have sunk into my Harris Creek quicksilt slide area in May, but I had cataract surgery early that month, which put me out of commission for much of the month, and was rushing to get work done around the farm prior to the surgery, and am still trying to get caught up with work since. Also, the two weeks of post-op rest didn't help much, because tilting my head back several times a day for a month for eyedrops wound up returning the neck pain big time, and it seems to be settling back down, although there is still lots of sandy grinding, with some days better than others. While digging up large weeds with a shovel and pulling other large weeds, I wound up with pain on the inside of my right thigh, starting with intense aching which lasted two weeks, and is now some soreness and stretching pain in the middle of the inside of my right thigh. Also, increased hip pain. But, it is slowly improving, and once the inner thigh pain is gone, I think (hope) I will finally be set to go on my first outing! :D

I hope I can go sinking by the end of the month, but it looks like there might be thunderstorms then, bringing an end to our current heat wave, with some slightly cooler (more normal) temperatures after that. I think that if I go under, that if I re-emerge facing forward, I could limit the stress on my neck. The early season looser mud may be easier on my neck than late season thicker mud. I would also have to limit head movements under the mud as well, so I don't know if I would be doing much breathing hose sinks, unless it is in looser mud. I just can't wait to touch base with my sinking area, and surrounding area as well, to get a feel for the status of things, which I can extrapolate to other areas as well! In the meantime, I will have to play things by ear, and listen to my body. :?

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Lintime Sinker

Postby Lintime Sinker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 pm

Finally the answers !! :)
Why all these injuries ? :(
I can send you free opaque tights :D

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:40 am

Lintime Sinker wrote:Finally the answers !! :)
Why all these injuries ? :(

That is a question I keep asking over and over. :( Started with Golfers Elbow in early 2013, knee pain in spring 2013, two tennis elbows (and worsening knee pain after it had settled down) in December 2013, worse knee pain in spring 2014, shoulder pain August 2014, hip pain 2015, abdominal muscle pain summer 2016 (after mushing a mat of grass and bur reed plants invading my sinking spot), right (outer) ankle pain, and then neck pain summer 2017, return of Golfer's elbow fall 2017, and now, 2018, worsening (for now) hip pain and some inner thigh pain (from stomping on a shovel to sever roots of 7 foot tall Scotch thistles and bending over pulling other large weeds), with sensitivity around the crotch area of my thighs (they go up and down, but were recently aggravated from sitting on a stool, weeding in places with few places to sit down or put my feet, forcing me to twist and stretch to pull weeds just barely within reach).

My family doctor tells me that because I am getting older, I can expect more aches and pains, and suggested physiotherapy.

I can send you free opaque tights :D

Thanks, but I am sorry I have to decline. I live with my parents, helping on the farm (without my help they would have had to move off the farm years ago), and they would be suspicious of finding anything like that in the mail. :oops:

I am hoping that I can manage an outing early next week, before a cold front dumps rain on everything (we are going to be in the mid 30's (mid 90's) or higher for the next several days in the valley, but in the higher elevations, should be cooler, but still hot).

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Home Movies”