Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
gamwam

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 31'st, 201

Postby gamwam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:07 pm

ha ha ,. that particular video has been viral on youtube for ages lol

Boggy Man

Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Dec 10'th, 2015!!!

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:48 am

I mentioned that your patience will be greatly rewarded, and now the long wait is finally over! :D

But, I have some bad news :( , and some good news! :D

First, the bad news. Due to ongoing hip, shoulder and knee pain, as well as a major water garden project that took up all spring/summer and part of autumn, I never had any adventures this year at all. :( No sinking for me at all in 2015, and therefore no new 2015 material to share with you! :( But, I am keeping my fingers crossed for 2016! :?

Now, the good news! :D Back on Wednesday, September 19'th, 2012, I shot a video that wound up being quite the "fixer-upper"! :shock: Even though certain aspects of it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, the quality of the mud, and the way it behaved was such that I just HAD to get it into a nice, presentable form before finally releasing the beast! :twisted:

But, because I felt that this video is so special, I decided it deserved its own thread to set it apart from my others! Enjoy! 8-)

http://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12937
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

gamwam

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Dec 10'th, 2015!!!

Postby gamwam » Tue May 31, 2016 12:15 am

looks like your famouse again,. appearing in the middle of another compilation video on yt

https://youtu.be/yv__UDSZSqI?t=5m53s

i dont actually recognise the clip,. is it one we havent seen yet ?

myuacc1studios

Postby myuacc1studios » Tue May 31, 2016 3:10 am

gamwam wrote:looks like your famouse again,. appearing in the middle of another compilation video on yt

https://youtu.be/yv__UDSZSqI?t=5m53s

i dont actually recognise the clip,. is it one we havent seen yet ?

It's from one of his videos "Grimpen Mire Close Call!", shot in 2012 and released in 2013!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNgV2MD3nTo
Why don't people go in quicksand/mud with thier flip-flops/sandals on?
Myuacc1

Postby 101927700 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:42 am

I still remember how the original clip of you jumping into the bog so long ago got so popular on YouTube... And with it came the hundreds of idiots in the comments that think it's actually of major danger.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:33 am

101927700 wrote:I still remember how the original clip of you jumping into the bog so long ago got so popular on YouTube... And with it came the hundreds of idiots in the comments that think it's actually of major danger.

Now, it is up to 2375 comments at the time I am typing this, and rising. I found it surprising that so many people thought I had died in that stuff. Some even thought it was deep manure that I sunk into. But, it was just decomposed plant material on the bottom of a pond that got exposed when a beaver dam gave way, with sedge grass taking over most of the exposed mudflats, leaving an elongated corridor of exposed mud. But, the beaver(s) restored the dam since then, and it is back to being a complete pond for many years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbtUqMLWTo

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 am

101927700 wrote:I still remember how the original clip of you jumping into the bog so long ago got so popular on YouTube... And with it came the hundreds of idiots in the comments that think it's actually of major danger.

Now, it is up to 2375 comments at the time I am typing this, and rising. I found it surprising that so many people thought I had died in that stuff. Some even thought it was deep manure that I sunk into. But, it was just decomposed plant material on the bottom of a pond that got exposed when a beaver dam gave way, with sedge grass taking over most of the exposed mudflats, leaving an elongated corridor of exposed mud. But, the beaver(s) restored the dam since then, and it is back to being a complete pond for many years now, with all the mud well underwater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbtUqMLWTo

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:58 pm

I'd be out there with a pry bar and a chainsaw undoing their work. Neither rain nor heat nor giant Hamsters will stay me from my sinking spot!!!! :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:24 pm

you have been very quiet this year boggy - anything in the pipeline we should know about?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:55 am

gamwam wrote:you have been very quiet this year boggy - anything in the pipeline we should know about?

These past few years, I seemed to have been running into one injury after another, which have been interfering with my "recreational" ;) activities. :( In 2012, before my injuries started, I had 11 outings. In 2013, when my injuries started, I had only 6 outings. Then, in 2014, more injuries piled up, and others, such as my knees, got worse, resulting in only 3 outings. In 2015, more injuries, and a large project putting together a water garden, resulted in 0 (ZERO) outings! :(

But, this year, I have been trying to overcome my injuries (mostly knees, hips, elbows and shoulders), and am starting to feel somewhat stronger, being able to bike longer and longer distances, as long as I am careful enough not to overstress myself and cause another setback. But, each time I tried to set a rough target date for when I could be ready to begin my season, something would happen to make me postpone it later, such as sudden increases in knee or hip pain, causing me to miss the early and late July target dates. Then, when I was ready, the truck would be unavailable (my dad gives me a lift into the mountains to get me past the climbs), making me miss the early August target date. I had my bike rejuvenated at the bike shop where I had originally bought it, so it is good to go. I was all poised to go last Friday (August 12'th), the persistent unsettled weather this summer finally coming to an end with sunny hot weather coming back finally, and is actually lasting, but my brother decided to take his family camping for several days, and they needed the truck to haul the camper, so I was once again out of luck! :x But now, there are two dates I am eyeing - this Wednesday (August 17'th), or this Friday (August 19'th) for my first sink since 2014! :D I think that Friday's date might be the more likely one (I think Wednesday will start off warm, but then become windy with a slight cooling off), unless something causes me to cancel it, again. :?

I am anxious (and dreading) to see what the forestry company (Tolko Industries) has done to my areas of interest. :? Plans online showed that Crescent Road, which had remained the same since I first used it back in around the early 90's, was to be rerouted, and I am concerned that it's new route might bring it in view of the well hidden liquid mud and sticks pond, the one I shot the first part of "Forbidden Shorelines" video at. :? I am also concerned about the upgrading of the dirt logging road that passes by my Crescent Road pond (a cutblock further up the road was to be logged), which might result in the loss of a bunch of alders that lined the road, which blocked the view of my sinking spot from a large part of the road (only one small area had my spot visible from the road). I am also concerned that a newly refurbished logging road would be more visible from Crescent Road, which might result in more atv'ers and motorbikers (and hunters next month) checking it out! :shock: It was always just a patch of green grass/wildflowers and rocks that wasn't too noticeable alongside Crescent Road.

Regarding my sinking spot, I am concerned that the vegetation might have covered it with a green carpet, which might have prevented the mud from expanding above the water. I will have a lot of work to do mushing the vegetation up and pushing it under the voracious mire, where the hungry bog will digest it and get lots of gas, to be burped up during a future sink, as long as I don't hurt myself with this upcoming sink so badly that I can't return this year. :?

I have been feeling rather uneasy for almost two years, and can't wait to touch base with my favorite playground. Not knowing what the area is like, and all the mental pictures I have been getting of the area's possible state really keeps me in a state of unsettled suspense. :?

I also have an idea for the first video :) , if things work out. :? Wish me luck! :)

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Home Movies”