Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
mud_dreamer

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sept 13'th, 2017!!!

Postby mud_dreamer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:01 am

Some of your pain symptoms sound familiar to a problem I had several years ago. I self diagnosed it as osteomalacia after ruling out arthritis that my doctor quickly diagnosed me with.

Without going into a lot of detail, if you do not drink milk and you do not spend time in the sun you may be Vitamin D deficient. This can cause the muscle tendon insertion points on your bones to become inflamed and ache.

All I did was take 2000 IU of Vitamin D3, twice a day, and in less than a week my pain was much reduced. Within several weeks I was back to normal after enduring this aching for 8 months.

Cheap, Walmart over the counter, worth a try. If you drink plenty of milk and spend a reasonable amount of time in the sun then this probably won't help.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:38 am

mud_dreamer wrote:Some of your pain symptoms sound familiar to a problem I had several years ago. I self diagnosed it as osteomalacia after ruling out arthritis that my doctor quickly diagnosed me with.

Without going into a lot of detail, if you do not drink milk and you do not spend time in the sun you may be Vitamin D deficient. This can cause the muscle tendon insertion points on your bones to become inflamed and ache.

All I did was take 2000 IU of Vitamin D3, twice a day, and in less than a week my pain was much reduced. Within several weeks I was back to normal after enduring this aching for 8 months.

Cheap, Walmart over the counter, worth a try. If you drink plenty of milk and spend a reasonable amount of time in the sun then this probably won't help.

I have been taking Vitamin C, B12, D, Magnesium, Glucosamine/Chondroitin every morning, and Cod Liver oil, Glucosamine/Chondroitin every evening. I also drink multiple glasses of milk each day, and work outside on the farm, often in the full sun. At least for my knee sensitivity, I found that taking high potency Magnesium resulted in knee pain episodes that flared up improving in days instead of weeks, or in weeks instead of months, depending on the severity of the aggravation (caused by bending knees too far or impact of feet or side stress). I have been diagnosed with the very early signs of osteoarthritis, but my pains seem more in the tendons than in the bones.

It looks like I might have to wait a little longer before going on my first adventure, because my brother's truck had broken down, and until it is fixed, he had to use my dad's truck, so there is no truck for my dad to drop me and my bike off in the mountains in, or to pick me and my bike off at the end of the day. But, I have been still rather sore from my work weeding (and the sandy grinding in my neck has gotten worse again), and now it looks like the cool down won't be as wet as previously expected, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for Thursday (provided my brother's truck is fixed by then and my dad has his truck back). It is a bit hot here in BC right now, with places here in BC in the mid 30's˚C (mid 90's˚F) to 40˚C (104˚F), but on Thursday, it is supposed to cool down to 30˚C (86˚F) here in Vernon, with some clouds moving in during the evening and then slightly cooler after that. Last year, my first adventure was on July 14'th, my second on July 28'th, my third August 4'th (neck pain started up after coasting downhill that evening), my fourth August 12'th, my fifth August 27'th, and my sixth September 5'th. I might have fewer adventures than last year because of my neck, but will play it by ear. I finally have my handlebars raised high enough for me to be not craning my head upward, which probably aggravated it in the first place (unless moving my head under the mud set the stage for the injury that made itself known later).
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mud_dreamer

Postby mud_dreamer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Sounds like you should be good on your Vitamin D levels Boggy Man.

I too use a bicycle to access my sinking location. I just added one of those steering post adapters that raises the handlebars up about 3 more inches. What a difference!

I hope this helps your neck issues and you can get out more.

I am going tonight for the 3rd outing this season. The water level should be lower and expose a little more area. I am hoping that my spot has a little more depth. I plan to take a few pictures and hopefully start a thread.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:51 am

Well, it looks like my dad still has no truck to give me and my bike a lift into the higher elevations yet. :( But, the downturn in the weather is only going to last a few days, after which things improve again, so hopefully some time next week will be my first adventure of the year! :D

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Lummy

Postby Lummy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm

I hope everything is going alright, Boggy!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 am

Lummy wrote:I hope everything is going alright, Boggy!

I am just waiting for my hip pain to go down a little more (seems to be sustained by my work weeding), and hope to have my first outing some time this week. It looks like we have a long stretch of warm, sunny weather, and I anticipate excellent mud conditions! :D However, we have lots of smoke from forest fires (on a scale from 1 to 10, our air quality in the valley is a 10+), but change in wind direction may slowly move smoke away over the coming days.

I should mention that my various injuries don't all stick with me all the time. Some slowly improve over months or years, but never fully, and then something re-activates it again, such as pounding my foot on a shovel to sever the roots of 7 foot tall Scotch thistles on an embankment, and then pulling out Oriental poppies that were growing like weeds, which re-activated my hip pain which had settled down up to that point (it felt good getting all that work done at the time).

I am also starting to look into possibly investing in a special bicycle seat suspension to smooth out the bumps, which may help with my neck problems, but if I do go for that, I might delay the outing even further until it is installed. :?

https://www.suncountrycycle.com/product/cane-creek-thudbuster-seatpost-164126-1.htm

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Aug 22'nd, 2018!!!

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 am

On Friday, August 17'th, I had my first outing of 2018! :D I chose that day because the amount of smoke from all the forest fires burning here in BC would reach a minimum in my area, and I wanted to take advantage of that! Before I spent much of the day working the upper part of my quagmire to remove a few weeds, breaking up a stiff layer and removing some tiny pieces of sticks and wood that were inadvertently introduced with the mud that I added on my last outing of 2017, I captured a couple of videos! :D The first is from my perspective, of me walking through the floating vegetation surrounding my bog. The other is my dramatic sink/escape which has been later split apart into two separate videos! :D I was very careful with my submergence, and think that it didn't stress my neck too much (the trip back down into the valley did aggravate it a bit afterwards). A bunch of frogs apparently made my bog, with water around its edge, their home. I hope I managed to avoid stepping on any, and they scattered when I took my fateful step for my dramatic video. There were dragonflies periodically entering the scene as well! My struggling also resulted in the surrounding ground outside my open bog to quake, resulting in the stick-mounted camera bouncing as well during the video! I was disappointed that the camera's mic didn't pick up all the farting of swamp gas the bog made, but you could see places where the mud was bubbling. Enjoy, and make certain that you are viewing the videos in 720p! 8-)

There Is No Real Solid Ground Around My Treacherous Quagmire!

Here is a view from my perspective as I walk around the outer perimeter of my bog, showing how the vegetation isn't sitting on solid ground at all, but actually floating on top of more bottomless quagmire underneath! :shock:

Run From Aggressive Moose, Into Ground That's Hungry And Loose!

A man is all decked out in swim gear (swim suit, cap and goggles) for a nice dip in a remote wilderness lake. But then, he spots a large moose, which appears to be aggressive towards him (not seen or heard in this video), forcing him to flee, only to blunder into something that is far more hazardous and deadly than a territorial moose! :shock:

Escaping From Thick, Doughy, Suffocating Quagmire!

Here is a patch of muddy ground that has a disturbed churned-up spot in the middle of it. It doesn't look that ominous, but in reality, there is a 6' 2" tall man standing there, swallowed just below the surface, slowly suffocating in the deadly mire! :shock: Click on the photo in order to see him escape the smothering clutches of the doughy ooze!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Vossibaer

Postby Vossibaer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:03 am

Still waiting and not lost the hope. What for a long and slow submerge of the head. I think it is not easy. Sometimes I wish more from this. And from who are these swimming glass? The looks so interesting.

jenny_up_to_no_good

Postby jenny_up_to_no_good » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:32 am

Uhhhhg HOW on earth do you find such good bogs? It is not fair at all :( but wow you know how to make use of your space. It reeeally feels like the big is straight up sucking you in dude, really really great videos!

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sept 27'th, 2019!!!

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:01 am

On Friday, September 6'th, I finally had my second adventure of the season, as well as my first (and unfortunately last :( ) set of submergence sinks of the season, a couple caught on video (second during escape)! Enjoy! 8-)

Deadly Inescapable Mud - Quicksand!

A hiker decides to go off a closed trail in a dangerous meadow to go for a swim in a nearby lake, but discovers just how dangerous the meadow really is! :twisted:

First Escape Attempt, From Deadly Inescapable Mud - Quicksand, Failed!

It looks like an ordinary patch of mud, but it is far from ordinary! It quivers, and farts out a large bubble of gas! But, it isn't swamp gas! It is the escaping breath from a human being that had been sucked below its surface! :shock: He then manages to fight his way back up to the surface and rise as high as his chest, before the deadly ooze sucks him back down again, his head resting on the surface for a short period of time before it too gets gulped back down, bubbles of his escaping breath once again farting out at the surface of the hungry, doughy morass! Will he ever escape? :shock:

Second Escape Attempt, From Deadly Inescapable Mud - Quicksand, Successful!

Here is a patch of bare, wet ground that looks innocent, until it suddenly farts out some bubbles! Methane? Nope! It is the bog passing gas from the escaping breath of a man who was consumed whole TWICE by the sucking quagmire during his futile struggles to escape! :shock: But, he manages to fight his way back to the surface, and then slowly works his way up higher and FINALLY manages to drag himself out of the batterlike slime to safety! :D

The following video is the previous two combined into one:

It Took Two Attempts To Successfully Escape From Deadly Inescapable Mud - Quicksand!

Here is a patch of muddy ground that looks not that strange, until it burps up a large bubble! Swamp gas? Nope! It is the escaping breath from a person that the voracious ooze had engulfed, and is slowly suffocating beneath the surface! :shock: But, he manages to fight his way back to the surface, to take in precious lungfuls of air, before struggling again, the deadly quagmire sucking him back down again, his head resting briefly on the surface before it too is gulped back down by the suffocating ooze! But then, after the bog passes the gas from his escaping breath in the form of more bubbles, he fights his way back up to the surface again, works himself up higher, and FINALLY manages to make his way to the grass behind him, where he FINALLY drags himself out to safe ground, free of the sucking clutches of the voracious quagmire! :D

Last edited by Boggy Man on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Home Movies”