Black and Cold

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
Nessie
Producer

Re: Black and Cold

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 am

nachtjaeger wrote:A warm (or at least not cold) rainy day is perfect mudding weather, especially if your pit is in or near a well-traveled area like a park or nature preserve.

Hey...it hit me on the way home from work today that the stockingfoot-wader idea was actually from you! I'd posted a message on the Deep Sinking forum fishing for ideas about how to deal with mud that was just a bit too cold, and you came up with the idea of those fishing waders.

Curiosity question. Did you ever actually try it? 'Cause it sure did work out good for me, especially THIS year!

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:23 am

In mud, no. I borrowed a pair of stockingfoot neoprene waders from a buddy for fishing at Cape Cod (Brewster Flats- no quicksand or deep mud). I was warm and toasty all day- we followed the tide out and got chased back in by it. I really need to get a pair, though, and this fall I may be able to.

I did have a pair of hip boots for years, and they got me sort of muddy. But when it was cold and I really needed a sink (back in my young and foolish days) I did the "polar bear" thing and went in anyway. Brrrr!

Nessie wrote:
nachtjaeger wrote:A warm (or at least not cold) rainy day is perfect mudding weather, especially if your pit is in or near a well-traveled area like a park or nature preserve.

Hey...it hit me on the way home from work today that the stockingfoot-wader idea was actually from you! I'd posted a message on the Deep Sinking forum fishing for ideas about how to deal with mud that was just a bit too cold, and you came up with the idea of those fishing waders.

Curiosity question. Did you ever actually try it? 'Cause it sure did work out good for me, especially THIS year!

Nessie
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 am

nachtjaeger wrote:I did have a pair of hip boots for years, and they got me sort of muddy. But when it was cold and I really needed a sink (back in my young and foolish days) I did the "polar bear" thing and went in anyway. Brrrr!

I didn't use my hip boots at all this year. You can't feel a thing through them, plus, you're limited to thigh-deep to boot (ha-ha).

Wetsuits add about ten to fifteen degrees to everything but they are too tight and the fabric is too thick. I shot clips with them this year because I know that some guys really love the way they look, and anyway I couldn't get into the bog in just skin. But the real mud fix came first in the waders.

I have the very thin kind. Although you're limited to chest-deep, they do provide excellent sensation and you can add or not add layers under to adjust for cooler or warmer days. Footwear is kind of a challenge, but I haven't lost those aquasocks yet. I tie 'em on real tight.

I cannot do the polar-bear thing. Totally can't. I guess the weather report for tomorrow says 69 degrees Fahrenheit, so expect your idea to be used again this weekend, with many grateful thanks for thinking of it for me, and I send you a sincere hope that a nice set of stockingfoot waders of the very thinnest neoprene to call your very own will cross your path soon.

Nessie

Return to “Home Movies”