Black and Cold

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
Nessie
Producer

Black and Cold

Postby Nessie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:25 am

This could very possibly be it...the final clip from this mudpit for 2009. We got pounded by two days of heavy rain so it's pretty soupy (on top, anyway), and it was a cool week so the pit didn't get any warmer. I cut out all the going-up and left in only the going-downs because we're into sinking, not climbing, around here.

But an even more ominous sign...

I didn't hear 'em when I was filming this but I did have me about a half-hour off-camera sinking before I filmed this and...there were...

GUNSHOTS IN THE DISTANCE.

Are the hunters really heeeeeeeere already? I thought I had all of August before they started shooting anything at all.

Ya know, maybe THAT is why the sheriff was camping out in the parking lot yesterday. Maybe somebody reported pre-season gunfire, and he was sitting there waiting for those guys to waltz on out.

This particular mudpit was good enough to serve my mud needs all summer long but I got to admit that I don't think it lived up to its potential. I never touched bottom but it never truly warmed up, which meant that I had a limited amount of depth anyway. I'm not sure it's to blame for its own temperature, though -- we never had a good streak of sinkily hot weather at all. I hardly got to go swimming this year either.

However, it did provide good sinky sensation so long as I was dressed. But even if I did share everything, some things aren't that interesting. In September it'll be technically time to expect to put the layers back on for a sinking, but this year, I mostly never got 'em off.

But...still...thank you, Dear Mudpit, for what you were able to provide during a rough mud year.

Nessie

joedeep130535

Re: Black and Cold

Postby joedeep130535 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Nessie sorry your season has been colder & wetter than you wished. In UK its been terrible. Warm & dry 'till mid June & I thought it would be great.The mud was warming up nicely & I was really excited- then it started raining & it's been miserable ever since.I went sinking yesterday & was too chilly to go more than chest deep. The mud was offering a deep embrace but then it went frigid on me! Maybe we shall have a long warm Autumn (Fall) I hope

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Another nice video, Nessie! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Yeah... it is getting close to the end for me too... :(

July was a washout for me... cool and wet, with my sinking spot under an inch of water and too soupy to work. August now... ah! That has been perfect. The mud thickened up beautifully, and I was able to visit three times so far... very satisfying sinks indeed.

I'm hoping to get in a couple more before the season ends... the mud is getting too cool deep down, and the weather is sliding into that autumn pattern... sunny, but cool. Naturally, the best conditions are on work days, so I can't take advantage of them... and days off is when the temperatures drop like a rock... I'll likely go for at least one more sink this week... I'll just dress for the occasion... ;)

jack c

Postby jack c » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 am

Nessie - Once again, a very nice and right-on-the-edge sexy video. This bog has a nice consistency - a little liquid on top, but appears sold beneath. As always, you seem to know just how to slow-sink from chest-deep down, arms in. Thanks for continuing to post these real and natural videos.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:05 am

Thanks, Nessie!

Has been a poor summer for mudding. Either too hot, too cold, too wet, or too buggy here. Haven't even been near my own bog.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:06 am

joedeep130535 wrote:Hi Nessie sorry your season has been colder & wetter than you wished.

Actually, until fairly recently, the problem has been draught. My usual mudpits may have been in the sun but they ain't mud any more. The one where I filmed the Red Silk sinking, my best and most lovely sinking spot, is now a PATHETIC little puddle in the middle of HARDENED ex-mudholes with grass where peat used to be, and to sink you'd have to crawl to the middle and be totally visible to...ugh...a freeway!

I went sinking yesterday & was too chilly to go more than chest deep.

That is the dilemma of this particular pit. I'm spending wayyyy too much time in the cold-weather sinking gear!

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:11 am

PM2K wrote:Naturally, the best conditions are on work days, so I can't take advantage of them... and days off is when the temperatures drop like a rock... I'll likely go for at least one more sink this week... I'll just dress for the occasion... ;)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat there. If it's warm on a Monday, that doesn't do me a whole lot of good!

I hope you can make it back to your bog, for summer really should not be over yet.

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:23 am

jack c wrote:This bog has a nice consistency - a little liquid on top, but appears sold beneath.

I find the layer of water on top incredibly annoying when I want to get a clip, but you are right that even so, it is thick underneath. It's the same mudpit you've been seeing all along. Last clip shot was the Emergency Rain Poncho. The storms dumped a couple inches right on top of tht mud, but it didn't seep down and mix up to soup in the whole pit.

As always, you seem to know just how to slow-sink from chest-deep down, arms in.

You go down with your toes pointed until you drive your feet into the the thicker mud, and then when you stop sinking, you flex your ankle and pull yourself down just a little more...voila, descent! To come back up, the under-mud action is a bit like pedaling a bike. It is actually very controllable.

Thanks for continuing to post these real and natural videos.

I love Nature. When you're all done with the mud, you can wander around for another hour or two enjoying all that Nature.

I will for sure go back there at least once, since I can always get a mud fix in the cold-weather gear anyway...but what does this weekend hold? More hunters? A return of the Sheriff? They mowed a bunch of new trains in there too...crowds?

Or just plain old irritating cold air and wet rain?

Nessie

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:26 am

nachtjaeger wrote:Either too hot, too cold, too wet, or too buggy here.

It seems to have been questionable for quite a few people this year!

Hot is good. Cold, I can handle. Rain has its good points, if it's not too heavy. It drives people away.

But buggy is the worst. When your arms are under the quicksand, the last thing you wanna do is yank one out to swat something.

DEET helps a lot but it only goes so far.

Nessie

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:27 pm

A warm (or at least not cold) rainy day is perfect mudding weather, especially if your pit is in or near a well-traveled area like a park or nature preserve.

Bugs, though. . . Some of the local insects think that Deep Woods Off! is barbecue sauce. 100% DEET- that's like hot sauce for chicken wings- it burns so bad, but the meat underneath tastes so good.

Would be nice if I could get a dozen or so dragonflies trained like hawks, to keep the bigger bugs at bay.

Nessie wrote:
nachtjaeger wrote:Either too hot, too cold, too wet, or too buggy here.

It seems to have been questionable for quite a few people this year!

Hot is good. Cold, I can handle. Rain has its good points, if it's not too heavy. It drives people away.

But buggy is the worst. When your arms are under the quicksand, the last thing you wanna do is yank one out to swat something.

DEET helps a lot but it only goes so far.

Nessie
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Home Movies”