upload fails repeatedly?

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
schlamm

upload fails repeatedly?

Postby schlamm » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am

ERROR HTTP error
is the response when the file is approximately 50% uploaded

cerberus

Re: upload fails repeatedly?

Postby cerberus » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

I've had this a few times with some of my AI creations. I've found that you can usually fix it for that file by opening the file, doing a small invisible edit and saving it again. In my case it didn't even change the size of the file, but fixed the problem. I think the issue is that the image compression sometimes generates data that looks like strings of control characters and these break the upload process. Sometimes, if there is a 7 to 8 bit conversion in the transfer protocol, you can get similar problems.
Cerberus

Johnny Dowd: Be content with your life. It may not get any better!

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

HTTP error. different file type
HTTP error. different file size
HTTP error. different file name
HTTP error. drag and drop
HTTP error. choose file
HTTP error. no effect, still the same error :roll:

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 pm

schlamm wrote:HTTP error.....
HTTP error. no effect, still the same error :roll:

Maybe try a different browser?

This is not a systemic issue from what I can see.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed May 01, 2024 2:50 pm

Ok, this happened to me yesterday, while trying to upload some pics. I tried it again and it worked.

The system was also non-responsive for a spell last night.

These types of errors show up on their end, and hopefully that will be enough for it to get fixed.

cerberus

Postby cerberus » Wed May 01, 2024 3:57 pm

dlodoski wrote:Ok, this happened to me yesterday, while trying to upload some pics. I tried it again and it worked.

The system was also non-responsive for a spell last night.

These types of errors show up on their end, and hopefully that will be enough for it to get fixed.

The system went "unresponsive" to me several times yesterday just viewing threads, probably five or six times in all. Then, in the evening I did my normal daily post, which appeared to go fine, but when I checked just now found that it had been double posted. I couldn't delete the second post (no option) so I've emptied it and just put a "double post" message.
Cerberus

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm

cerberus wrote: ....The system went "unresponsive" to me several times yesterday just viewing threads, probably five or six times in all. Then, in the evening I did my normal daily post, which appeared to go fine, but when I checked just now found that it had been double posted. I couldn't delete the second post (no option) so I've emptied it and just put a "double post" message.

I went ahead and deleted the redundant post. You should have been able to delete it, unless someone responded to it. Or maybe not because it was part of an existing topic. The only tangible experience I recall with users deleting their own posts is when the topic was new.

In any case, I hope that GoDaddy gets their shit together. My annual out of pocket expenses for this place now exceed $600 (the next bill due is $99 for the email account. Remember when those used to be free?).

cerberus

Postby cerberus » Wed May 01, 2024 5:12 pm

dlodoski wrote:
cerberus wrote: ....The system went "unresponsive" to me several times yesterday just viewing threads, probably five or six times in all. Then, in the evening I did my normal daily post, which appeared to go fine, but when I checked just now found that it had been double posted. I couldn't delete the second post (no option) so I've emptied it and just put a "double post" message.

I went ahead and deleted the redundant post. You should have been able to delete it, unless someone responded to it. Or maybe not because it was part of an existing topic. The only tangible experience I recall with users deleting their own posts is when the topic was new.

In any case, I hope that GoDaddy gets their shit together. My annual out of pocket expenses for this place now exceed $600 (the next bill due is $99 for the email account. Remember when those used to be free?).

Thanks for that. I probably couldn't delete it because Max had already responded when I noticed it. I get most of my "unresponsive" hangs in the morning, about 7 - 8 am here in the UK, so middle of the night in the US, I've always put it down to GoDaddy doing server backups etc. You always aim for the quiet times to do those! I remember free email accounts, I stopped using the ones provided by ISPs after I got fed up loosing all my email addresses when I changed ISP. I pay for a small email service now and have a gmail account, so I can move ISP without any hassle.
Cerberus

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Thu May 02, 2024 8:56 pm

Still getting the same error as before, no changes on my side, still same browser & login credentials :roll:

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu May 02, 2024 9:04 pm

schlamm wrote:Still getting the same error as before, no changes on my side, still same browser & login credentials :roll:

Hmmm. The reason I mentioned browsers earlier was to encourage the use of alternates, for trouble shooting purposes.

In any case, I was notified on 3/29 that a hosting migration had just been completed for quicksandfams.com. What this hopefully means is that they are watching for configuration/performance issues more carefully than normal - and that this will be resolved in due course.

If not, I will contact them.

Return to “Technical”