Message Approval

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
Mixman

Message Approval

Postby Mixman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:36 am

Hello! I want to ask - how much messages I must to do, to remove message approval?
It's a technical question, I understand - this is security reason... and not a issue for me.
Quicksand! I want to plunge into you!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Message Approval

Postby dlodoski » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Mixman wrote:Hello! I want to ask - how much messages I must to do, to remove message approval?
It's a technical question, I understand - this is security reason... and not a issue for me.

New member messages will require approval indefinitely.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Mixman

Postby Mixman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 am

dlodoski wrote:New member messages will require approval indefinitely.

OK. I got it.

Mixman

Postby Mixman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:36 am

Dave, I want to ask of test period "off approval", because I try to write and share some stuff...
Message approval in this case as a wall... If I edit some approved post - it going to "pre-modarate mode" again...

Thanks!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Mixman wrote:Dave, I want to ask of test period "off approval", because I try to write and share some stuff...
Message approval in this case as a wall... If I edit some approved post - it going to "pre-modarate mode" again...

Thanks!

I suggest trying to not edit posts very much.

Mixman

Postby Mixman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:50 am

dlodoski wrote:I suggest trying to not edit posts very much.

This is a very useful tip.

It's easier then to say that I'm not needed here, than to feed with such answers.
Although I did not break anything (rules etc.), and it's not clear why trust in users is so paranoid...

P.S. I'm not trying to run into trouble, I'm trying to understand - why everything is so tough...

By the way - I'm edited my post again because of more correct translate...
I'm not guilty what my native language is not English...

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Mixman wrote:Dave, I want to ask of test period "off approval", because I try to write and share some stuff...

Thanks!

I imagine it's a pain to have it go into the ether and suddenly you want to change something but the post isn't up yet so you cannot edit it.

I am a very old member here but have experienced a rare but irritating glitch on this forum. If I linger too long over my typing, I just lose it all at the "submit" stage instead of seeing it go up. Then I have to re-type.

One trick I use a lot is to type in Notepad and read it over. I just give it a minute or two to consider. When I'm convinced I want to post it, I copy and paste out of Notepad and then submit. That way, if I lose the text during the post, it still isn't gone and I don't need to re-type.

The beauty of this is that it works for a lot more places than just here and covers more issues than one.

Nessie

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 am

Nessie wrote:I am a very old member here but have experienced a rare but irritating glitch on this forum. If I linger too long over my typing, I just lose it all at the "submit" stage instead of seeing it go up. Then I have to re-type.

When that happened, have you tried going back to the previous page where you had typed the post? I have sometimes had some error happen when trying to submit my posting, but when I went back to the previous page, everything was still there.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Boggy Man wrote:When that happened, have you tried going back to the previous page where you had typed the post? I have sometimes had some error happen when trying to submit my posting, but when I went back to the previous page, everything was still there.

First thing I tried! No go.

Nessie

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:38 am

Nessie wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:When that happened, have you tried going back to the previous page where you had typed the post? I have sometimes had some error happen when trying to submit my posting, but when I went back to the previous page, everything was still there.

First thing I tried! No go....

I have also (mostly) had success with this. It clearly has to do with how the browser caches pages.

I know that this has worked pretty well lately though, using Chrome on Windows 7.

Return to “Technical”