Get rid of the New Topic Moderator Approval

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.

GET RID OF every post requiring moderator approval?

YES, It's Very ANNOYING
18%
Yes
10%
No
69%
Only if it's Replaced with Google ReCAPTCHA
3%

Total votes: 39

Fred588
Producer

Re: Get rid of the New Topic Moderator Approval

Postby Fred588 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Mynock wrote:Totally agree, and I would never block someone's posts just because I don't agree with their POV. But it is nice for situations where someone is just obviously trolling or otherwise being irritating. Flame wars got boring for me years ago.

No argument from me on that. Clearly there is a difference between a cult leader and a fool or a general nuisance. Or a Major General Nuisance! As an example, I tend to get my on-line news from pretty much a two sources only. However, its not because I "like" the news or "dislike" what other outlets say, but because those two sources offer text-only and my monthly data cap will not support using other outlets.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

BisraSetesh

Postby BisraSetesh » Wed May 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Hello there!

I totally get the need for the vetting process. But is there a way I can review my posted topics that aren't yet approved? I'd just like to remind myself that I didn't forget to post a topic, lest I repost it by mistake.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu May 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Wish I could change my vote to no. The moderators would be out of the job if the approval system was taken out.

I personally like it. I mean, spamming is nobody's friend.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 pm

BisraSetesh wrote:Hello there!

I totally get the need for the vetting process. But is there a way I can review my posted topics that aren't yet approved? I'd just like to remind myself that I didn't forget to post a topic, lest I repost it by mistake.

Personally, I would prefer that a member be notified of the reason when something is not approved. However, probably about 99 percent of the time that person ought to be able to figure it out fairly easily by honestly evaluating their own post according to the forum rules. An exception to my preference for notification would occur when it isn't the first time. For what its worth I do not actually know if notifications are sent or not, or, if so, when.

So far as I am aware, I don't think non-approvals are common, although that is just my perception.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri May 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Fred588 wrote: ....Personally, I would prefer that a member be notified of the reason when something is not approved. However, probably about 99 percent of the time that person ought to be able to figure it out fairly easily by honestly evaluating their own post according to the forum rules. An exception to my preference for notification would occur when it isn't the first time. For what its worth I do not actually know if notifications are sent or not, or, if so, when.

So far as I am aware, I don't think non-approvals are common, although that is just my perception.

The only real confusion that I am aware of is when a new member sent some PMs prior to being added to the restricted (new member) group.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 am

Black Clay Lord wrote:The moderators would be out of the job if the approval system was taken out.

Nah. I did mod here for a bit. The only difference would be that you'd be reading the posts after they're up instead of before.

But you have to read all new posts either way. In fact you might need more moderating if things weren't blocked because somebody would have to make decisions about messes that have already appeared on the forum as opposed to things that are stopped in the approval queue and haven't created a mess yet.

I am with you on the spammers. I never miss seeing them. And it would be true that doing it this way means that not one spammer EVER gets a post to appear.

By the way, you guys were actually -- mostly -- well-behaved.

Nessie

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Sun May 05, 2019 3:10 am

Nessie wrote:
Black Clay Lord wrote:The moderators would be out of the job if the approval system was taken out.

Nah. I did mod here for a bit. The only difference would be that you'd be reading the posts after they're up instead of before.

But you have to read all new posts either way. In fact you might need more moderating if things weren't blocked because somebody would have to make decisions about messes that have already appeared on the forum as opposed to things that are stopped in the approval queue and haven't created a mess yet.

I am with you on the spammers. I never miss seeing them. And it would be true that doing it this way means that not one spammer EVER gets a post to appear.

By the way, you guys were actually -- mostly -- well-behaved.

Nessie

Ah, I wasn't thinking of it that way at first. Just being a good lookout.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Return to “Technical”