Get rid of the New Topic Moderator Approval

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.

GET RID OF every post requiring moderator approval?

YES, It's Very ANNOYING
18%
Yes
10%
No
69%
Only if it's Replaced with Google ReCAPTCHA
3%

Total votes: 39

H8ms2014

Re: Get rid of the New Topic Moderator Approval

Postby H8ms2014 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:48 am

Wario wrote:SNIP!!!...several people tell me they try to post something related to quicksand and it never gets through because of every post now requiring moderator approval...."SNIP!!!

Funny how the "Several" have not voted in this poll in favor of no moderation...Oh and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and I am staying indoors as "Baby it's cold outside"

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:49 pm

I would have used a different term than shenanigans. It begins with B and is the name of a card game.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Fred588 wrote:I would have used a different term than shenanigans. It begins with B and is the name of a card game.

I hear it's very good for your garden, too :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:48 am

:roll:
Last edited by schlamm on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:08 am

It wouldn'd be the internet without trolls. Just don't feed them ;)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Wario

Postby Wario » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:32 am

perhaps a better idea would be a new forum group for new users that automatically limits everything they can do like the probation group except it only lasts for 90 days so you can sort out the trolls and spammers and liars and BAN anyone who does try to troll or also anyone who doesn't post a single post to wait for the 90 day probation period to expire (i have seen spammers set up bots to mass sign up and then wait for the probation period to expire to do their dirty work)
Seeks the Location of the Devil Clown Krystal Quicksand Scene Mire.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Wario wrote:perhaps a better idea would be a new forum group for new users that automatically limits everything they can do like the probation group except it only lasts for 90 days so you can sort out the trolls and spammers and liars and BAN anyone who does try to troll or also anyone who doesn't post a single post to wait for the 90 day probation period to expire (i have seen spammers set up bots to mass sign up and then wait for the probation period to expire to do their dirty work)

Periodically, 100 or so fake/troll/sleeper accounts are identified and deleted. Lately, we have been working on accounts that were added three years ago. Savvy?
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:21 pm

dlodoski wrote:Periodically, 100 or so fake/troll/sleeper accounts are identified and deleted. Lately, we have been working on accounts that were added three years ago. Savvy?

The Mods on this forum do a GREAT job. If you're stuck in probation purgatory you more than likely deserve it.

I really like the "Add Foe" feature. If someone annoys me I just add their name to the list and the eye cancer that is their posts magically disappears. :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Mynock wrote:
dlodoski wrote:Periodically, 100 or so fake/troll/sleeper accounts are identified and deleted. Lately, we have been working on accounts that were added three years ago. Savvy?

The Mods on this forum do a GREAT job. If you're stuck in probation purgatory you more than likely deserve it.

I really like the "Add Foe" feature. If someone annoys me I just add their name to the list and the eye cancer that is their posts magically disappears. :lol:

I appologize if this tends to hijack the thread a bit but it seems relevent to me. While I do not object to the existence of the "friends and foes" filters I think their use can lead to unfortunate results. This is particularly so when the discussion gets into areas of controversy, such as politics or religion which are not allowed here anyway so its not so much of an issue here. The reason I feel this way is that it is a well-known principle of social psychology that whenever there is disagreement on some issue within a group, and members of that group then become isolated into sub-groups according to their sides on that issue, there is a pronounced tendency over time for the members of either subgroup to become more and more extreme in their view on that issue. This is one of the prime reasons why leaders of cults try to isolate their followers from non-followers.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Totally agree, and I would never block someone's posts just because I don't agree with their POV. But it is nice for situations where someone is just obviously trolling or otherwise being irritating. Flame wars got boring for me years ago.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Technical”