Post verification follow-up

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
BogDog

Post verification follow-up

Postby BogDog » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Sorry I had to make a new thread for the same topic, but the prior thread was locked for some unknown reason while I still had something to say.

I looked around first and could not find an answer to this. Concerning the "post must be verified" restrictions I keep encountering now, is the entire forum member cast subject to this now, or is it just my posts needing verification? And if the latter case, why? :?:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Re: Post verification follow-up

Postby Moderator » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:19 am

BogDog wrote:Sorry I had to make a new thread for the same topic, but the prior thread was locked for some unknown reason while I still had something to say.

I looked around first and could not find an answer to this. Concerning the "post must be verified" restrictions I keep encountering now, is the entire forum member cast subject to this now, or is it just my posts needing verification? And if the latter case, why? :?:

The 'Why' was explained here -
Moderator wrote:...It's probably a good idea going forward to avoid posting in support of topics that promote piracy. ...

To be realistic, it is possible that you don't remember the offending post.

The topic, which has been removed, was a malicious reference to a video sharing site that has been a hotbed of pirated quicksand videos (it serves mo other purpose regarding this community). Your post offered a solution to a change at that site.

The topic itself was a thinly veiled promotion of piracy. A steaming pile of dung left on the doorstep of the people who pay for this forum.

So, you have been added to the probation group for the time being. I will be happy to undo this when I don't have to think about it anymore.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:11 am

I find this very unsettling the way I was "fined" with this posting limitation mysteriously without any notification beforehand beforehand and after all the contributions I have made to this site. I think I deserved better, like maybe a notification warning that a particular site was unacceptable to the forum hosts and or operators? You could have spoken to me first. I have never done anything to intentional hurt QSF. Just the opposite.

NOT happy. Not one bit.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:05 pm

BogDog wrote:I find this very unsettling the way I was "fined" with this posting limitation mysteriously without any notification beforehand beforehand and after all the contributions I have made to this site. I think I deserved better, like maybe a notification warning that a particular site was unacceptable to the forum hosts and or operators? You could have spoken to me first. I have never done anything to intentional hurt QSF. Just the opposite.

NOT happy. Not one bit.

I'm not the moderator but for what it's worth I posted twice to that thread warning about the subject matter and mentioned that I doubted it would end well. I have a difficult time imagining that anyone who frequents this board is unaware of the long standing prohibition against promoting piracy. That's all that thread was about. Speaking as one who has now issued literally several thousand take down requests to the specific site you were discussing, there were several that weren't happy about what was being promoted either. Yes, you're a good guy and according to the mod that's why you are still here. I'd suggest you accept the sanction and move on.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Technical”