Access Denied - GoDaddy Website Firewall

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Access Denied - GoDaddy Website Firewall

Postby dlodoski » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:51 pm

Boggy Man wrote:PM sent. Thank you very much! :)

PM answered. You're very welcome. :-)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:55 pm

dlodoski wrote:Sorry to hear you've been struggling with the board.

In the midst of The Outage we had a while back, I was sold a site security package by a call center guy who made it seem like he would pass me on to second level support (yea, he got me). The GoDaddy firewall is part of that package. It's not the firewall I want to use in the long run.

There's no point in getting into too much detail at this point. We took a big outage, and I'm ok with the way things are for now (even though I am also paying monthly for the firewall that not being used). When I have proper time and energy, I will try to switch the the preferred firewall.

Meanwhile, I suggest clearing out your cookies and looking at how many simultaneous connections your browser may be trying to open. Whatever you are doing is likely being seen as excessively chattery.

Is anyone else having any issues like this?

Hi Dave. I guess maybe I should have mentioned this when it first started but I thought it was just some issue with my own pc. But now it seems others may be experiencing it as well. I'm just not sure.
Since The Outage I've been having trouble accessing a couple of my own threads for some reason. Not all of them, just my two 'Happy Holidays 2021' parts 1 and 2 threads. It happens if I click on either one of them. It'll take me to that first click, but then I can't navigate anywhere else on the QSF site. It lasts for about a day and then I can get back to the site. And it only happens on those 2 threads. Nowhere else.
I just had someone ask me in my other thread, "Where can I see [those two stories]?" So, now I'm thinking others might be having this issue too. Even my own second pc is not immune. If it happens on one, it happens on the other at the same time even if it's turned off before the incident.
Plus, I saw Boggy Man's mention of the 'GoDaddy Access Denied Temporary Blockage' message which is exactly what I got today when I looked deeper and figured now might be a good time to submit a ticket. :oops: :)
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm

sixgunzloaded wrote:
dlodoski wrote:Sorry to hear you've been struggling with the board.

In the midst of The Outage we had a while back, I was sold a site security package by a call center guy who made it seem like he would pass me on to second level support (yea, he got me). The GoDaddy firewall is part of that package. It's not the firewall I want to use in the long run.

There's no point in getting into too much detail at this point. We took a big outage, and I'm ok with the way things are for now (even though I am also paying monthly for the firewall that not being used). When I have proper time and energy, I will try to switch the the preferred firewall.

Meanwhile, I suggest clearing out your cookies and looking at how many simultaneous connections your browser may be trying to open. Whatever you are doing is likely being seen as excessively chattery.

Is anyone else having any issues like this?

Hi Dave. I guess maybe I should have mentioned this when it first started but I thought it was just some issue with my own pc. But now it seems others may be experiencing it as well. I'm just not sure.
Since The Outage I've been having trouble accessing a couple of my own threads for some reason. Not all of them, just my two 'Happy Holidays 2021' parts 1 and 2 threads. It happens if I click on either one of them. It'll take me to that first click, but then I can't navigate anywhere else on the QSF site. It lasts for about a day and then I can get back to the site. And it only happens on those 2 threads. Nowhere else.
I just had someone ask me in my other thread, "Where can I see [those two stories]?" So, now I'm thinking others might be having this issue too. Even my own second pc is not immune. If it happens on one, it happens on the other at the same time even if it's turned off before the incident.
Plus, I saw Boggy Man's mention of the 'GoDaddy Access Denied Temporary Blockage' message which is exactly what I got today when I looked deeper and figured now might be a good time to submit a ticket. :oops: :)

I think it is a different problem but I got a similar "access denied" message yesterday. I tried again a few minutes later and the problem vanished. I have been in touch through Duncan that has been ongoing since late August.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53 pm

Fred588 wrote:I think it is a different problem but I got a similar "access denied" message yesterday. I tried again a few minutes later and the problem vanished. I have been in touch through Duncan that has been ongoing since late August.

I just tried again with one of my older stories from 2020 that also has a lot of pics and the same thing happened.
It's weird, because it never happens on my "Odds and Ends" thread which has lots of images too. :? :?:
It did seem to reset or something after a while but I hesitate to try again.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:21 pm

Anyone who wants their IP address added to the firewall whitelist should PM me with their address. Note - if you're using VPN, it probably won't be useful unless you're able to lock in a specific address. I realize that this is a Band-Aid while a more elegant solution is put into play. But it's better than nothing.

I could make a concerted effort to get the third party firewall (which I pay monthly for) involved. But there are board maintenance issues that are outstanding. And it could be that migrating the board to an updated environment will render the firewall effort moot. I'm not sure when the maintenance issues will be resolved. But I will be honest and say that they are not the first priority I have regarding regarding this level of support.

So the whitelisting of folks having issues is what we're going to do for now.

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:23 pm

dlodoski wrote:Anyone who wants their IP address added to the firewall whitelist should PM me with their address. Note - if you're using VPN, it probably won't be useful unless you're able to lock in a specific address. I realize that this is a Band-Aid while a more elegant solution is put into play. But it's better than nothing.

I could make a concerted effort to get the third party firewall (which I pay monthly for) involved. But there are board maintenance issues that are outstanding. And it could be that migrating the board to an updated environment will render the firewall effort moot. I'm not sure when the maintenance issues will be resolved. But I will be honest and say that they are not the first priority I have regarding regarding this level of support.

So the whitelisting of folks having issues is what we're going to do for now.

Thanks Dave! PM sent. :)

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:34 am

For the last couple weeks this site has 'frozen' up. Nothing works and it cant access page. when it starts to do something it comes up with godaddy page talking about not authorized. whatever the issue is it is a new one or the old one Boggyman mentioned.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:40 am

Dont know if I will suceed, but I have a screen shot of the GoDaddy page that appears.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbqdbq

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm

Yep, that's what it looks like.

If you're using VPN, I suggest turning it off to see if that helps. If you're not using VPN, there may be something about your browser attempting to open multiple connections.

Or maybe try a different browser all together.

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:12 am

i am really getting iritated with being locked up and pages not responding. it was occasional two weeks ago but now it happens more than twice in a half hour. is it me? i tried a different browser but it still happens. is it because of the country i am in? it is tempting to give up trying to come here.
cbqdbq

Return to “Technical”