Hidden Text BBCode

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
Theo

Hidden Text BBCode

Postby Theo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:01 pm

Just wondering if it would be possible to add the click-to-reveal spoiler function on here?

Looks like it is a possible feature according to phpBB website if you use [spoiler]hidden text[/spoiler] or [spoiler title=Click Here to See]hidden text[/spoiler]. If you read a little about it, it looks like it's stopped working a few times in the past, but it also looks like the issues were ultimately resolved.

And the funny is, I though I saw this once before on here, but IDK? Maybe it was different forum.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Hidden Text BBCode

Postby dlodoski » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:21 pm

Theo wrote:Just wondering if it would be possible to add the click-to-reveal spoiler function on here?

Looks like it is a possible feature according to phpBB website if you use [spoiler]hidden text[/spoiler] or [spoiler title=Click Here to See]hidden text[/spoiler]. If you read a little about it, it looks like it's stopped working a few times in the past, but it also looks like the issues were ultimately resolved.

And the funny is, I though I saw this once before on here, but IDK? Maybe it was different forum.

Right now, we are behind on PHPBB (version) updates. It's very likely that the Spoiler feature is part of a recent version.

I don't have a firm estimate on the updating here at QSF. The board email function has been restored. This is very good, of course. But it also means that the urgency to update further has gone down a notch or two.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:49 pm

dlodoski wrote:Right now, we are behind on PHPBB (version) updates. It's very likely that the Spoiler feature is part of a recent version.

I don't have a firm estimate on the updating here at QSF. The board email function has been restored. This is very good, of course. But it also means that the urgency to update further has gone down a notch or two.

Just a possibly related question: Do we know if any of those updates might contain a fix for the ongoing GoDaddy issue? Just asking. :)
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:04 pm

sixgunzloaded wrote: ....Just a possibly related question: Do we know if any of those updates might contain a fix for the ongoing GoDaddy issue? Just asking. :)

That would probably be a long shot, at least at the hunch level.

The only issues I have with the GoDaddy firewall is when I try to re-authenticate for admin purposes. I have to turn off the VPN for that. But the board responds properly other than that. And it seems to for the majority of users here. The exceptions seem to stem from OS and/or connection peculiarities. Again, I don't have any firm information on this. One user with issue seems to be ok with his IP on the whitelist. The other guy seems to thrive on bile more than working with others.

I actually (unnecessarily as it turns out) created a separate Cloudflare account just for QSF. But I couldn't get it to work properly and ended up going with the GoDaddy firewall instead. I'm still paying for the Cloudflare firewall. In an ideal world, I would have the time (and support) to get the Cloudflare thing going and dump the GoDaddy stuff. We'll see.

Of course, we can all thank the assholes of the world for these things being a necessity in the first place.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:54 am

dlodoski wrote:Right now, we are behind on PHPBB (version) updates. It's very likely that the Spoiler feature is part of a recent version.

That might explain it. I think I read that it stopped working a few years back and after a few updates it was working again. I thought I also read somewhere that it needs to be added but IDK.

Anyways, just thought it'd be neat tool to have if possible. I'll keep watching.

Thanks for reply Dave!
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Return to “Technical”