Playstation 3 and recent Club MPV clips

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
Antares

Playstation 3 and recent Club MPV clips

Postby Antares » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 am

Hi all,

Not sure if I should put this in here oe email Dave tbh but I though it wouldn't hurt to have some kind of formal thread for anyone else who experiences the issue.

I used to be able to view Club MPV HD clips on the PS3 using a USB stick. Now all I get is the audio and a blank screen.

I'm not sure if it's me being a dumbass or the clips are no longer PS3 compatable.

I've ensured i'm fully up to date with the most recent PS3 updates.

Any ideas?

newQSFguy

Re: Playstation 3 and recent Club MPV clips

Postby newQSFguy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:59 am

No idea what the problem is yet either. I noticed the same thing. Some still worked, but others that did before now don't. I was going to make a thread about how good they looked using the PS3 one time. I hope it is just a temporary issue.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 am

I did recently upgrade to the newest (and last) version of Vegas Pro 9. But I will soon be using Vegas 11.

I'm not sure what effect that will have, but I do mention it in case somebody jumps through some hoops to make the latest files work - and then have to do even more to get the forthcoming files to work. But having said that, I won't be re-rendering the ones that are not working at the moment. So, maybe a look at a firmware upgrade for your Playstation right now is reasonable.

I don't own any gaming boxes, so I'm not much help beyond reporting if and when CODEC changes take place.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Antares

Postby Antares » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:49 pm

dlodoski wrote:I did recently upgrade to the newest (and last) version of Vegas Pro 9. But I will soon be using Vegas 11.

I'm not sure what effect that will have, but I do mention it in case somebody jumps through some hoops to make the latest files work - and then have to do even more to get the forthcoming files to work. But having said that, I won't be re-rendering the ones that are not working at the moment. So, maybe a look at a firmware upgrade for your Playstation right now is reasonable.

I don't own any gaming boxes, so I'm not much help beyond reporting if and when CODEC changes take place.

I'd imagine there is a reasonable chance that the PS3 firmware is waaay behind :)

Thanks for the info. It'll give me a starting point over the next couple of weeks to detemrine if there is some option I can fiddle with or if there are any functionality upgrades forthcoming for the PS3.

Thanks Dave.

Return to “Technical”