Board appearance

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
Chimerix

Board appearance

Postby Chimerix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Aloha!

On several forums I participate in, the user has the option of configuring how the site looks to them. Like choosing skins for a media player, although I don't think forums call the option skins. I've poked around in the UCP a bit, but didn't see anything promising. Am I just missing it? OR is this the only appearance available?

Mahalo!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Kookus

Re: Board appearance

Postby Kookus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Currently, this is the only installed style. There's still a lot of behind-the-scenes tweaking going on with the templates and stylesheet -- once that's done we can consider modifying and installing other styles.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Hey Kookus,

Nice work on setting up the new board. I know how much work it is. One questions: Is there going to be a mechanist for reporting new posts like on the old site?

Just curious,

And thanks again!

Kookus

Postby Kookus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:40 pm

If you mean a mechanism for reporting a post to the moderators, there should be a little exclamation mark in the upper right-hand corner of each post for just that purpose.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Kookus wrote:If you mean a mechanism for reporting a post to the moderators, there should be a little exclamation mark in the upper right-hand corner of each post for just that purpose.

I think he meant something like the "Since Last""/"New favorites" lists on DS. At least I have been missing that feature here a little. It saves a lot of time when checking up on new posts.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Kookus

Postby Kookus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Well, the current setup doesn't mark every post read on logout, but there is a "mark all posts read" link at the top of the page. In conjunction with the "view new posts" link, I think it's pretty flexible. I'm currently looking into setting up an RSS feed for anyone who is interested in that.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks! I had not seen that link before.... or the chat system. I guess there are still some board features for me to discover. :)
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Kookus wrote:Well, the current setup doesn't mark every post read on logout...
And that is very good. To me that was the worst thing on Deep Sinking. After logging in I had to finish viewing all the new posts before logging out, because when I logged out all the posts were marked as read independently of had I actually viewed them or not.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Return to “Technical”