quicksand video

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
mudmanic2012

quicksand video

Postby mudmanic2012 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 am

I have a video that's 50mbs long...how do I post it here?

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Re: quicksand video

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:38 pm

I think that's too big. I suggest posting it on a storage site. I use Media Fire and have had no troubles with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/

mudmanic2012

Postby mudmanic2012 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:48 pm

It's the Sexually Broken quicksand scene.I have it downloaded to real player cloud,but do I have to post a link,or.........?

Ted

Postby Ted » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:47 pm

mudmanic2012 wrote:It's the Sexually Broken quicksand scene.I have it downloaded to real player cloud,but do I have to post a link,or.........?

Sorry, but that is not mainstream media. It's produced at the same level as our own producers.

As such, linking to (or the posting of) that scene will not be allowed here.
Nothing Personal

mudmanic2012

Postby mudmanic2012 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Ok.

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Depending on the format it is in currently, you might be able to compress it to a smaller format to get it to fit. Sometimes you can do that without a noticeable drop in quality.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 am

mudxdresser wrote:Depending on the format it is in currently, you might be able to compress it to a smaller format to get it to fit. Sometimes you can do that without a noticeable drop in quality.

Man you're making me laugh here. You're in one forum fussing about somebody pirating your non-copyrighted video and then you show up here to help somebody do the same thing to somebody else. :lol:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 pm

mudmanic2012 wrote:It's the Sexually Broken quicksand scene.I have it downloaded to real player cloud,but do I have to post a link,or.........?

I'm not a moderator, so I don't mean to try to police your actions here, but...really? You do realize that it's (if I'm not mistaken) a felony to freely distribute someone else's digital property in the manner you're attempting to right? I mean hey, thanks for trying to be generous, but you're not doing it in a legal manner, let alone ethical. Imagine you spending your hard earned money constructing that quicksand pit, buying the film equipment, buying the clothing for the cast to wear in the video, then paying the cast in the video, and then someone buys this from you (I assume) and then uploads it elsewhere on the internet for free. You're stealing money from the company by doing this and I think I can speak for the community when I say that's not what we're about here.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Conspiracy101 wrote:

I'm not a moderator, so I don't mean to try to police your actions here, but...really? You do realize that it's (if I'm not mistaken) a felony to freely distribute someone else's digital property in the manner you're attempting to right? I mean hey, thanks for trying to be generous, but you're not doing it in a legal manner, let alone ethical. Imagine you spending your hard earned money constructing that quicksand pit, buying the film equipment, buying the clothing for the cast to wear in the video, then paying the cast in the video, and then someone buys this from you (I assume) and then uploads it elsewhere on the internet for free. You're stealing money from the company by doing this and I think I can speak for the community when I say that's not what we're about here.

Ted's already got him straightened out on that. I'm always amazed at how often it gets discussed but nobody ever really understands what it is happening. At least mudmaniac2012 did ask about it. There are places where they aren't so polite and act as though they have a right to steal from our producers simply because it's there for the taking. I'd love to use that line of logic with their laptop under my arm while I'm cleaning out their house. "What do you mean I can't have it? You left the door open. All I did was walk in and pick it up. This is the 21st century and you need to get with the plan that now everything is free."
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:27 am

Lighten up, I was just responding to the technical question of how to post a lengthy video, didn't notice the "Sexually Broken" angle and realize this was a pirated video. Was just trying to be helpful technically. Note that the issue of piracy was not pointed out until after I commented, I would not have done so had the issue been raised in the thread prior to my posting. Thanks for pointing that out, but no thanks for the manner in which it was done, wouldn't have an axe to grind would we?
Last edited by mudxdresser on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical”