Finding Clips and So On - Split from Crypto's Topic

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
User avatar
Lintime Sinker
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Finding Clips and So On - Split from Crypto's Topic

Postby Lintime Sinker » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 am

Thks u so much for this work.
Where can i find the video from the txt doc ?

User avatar
Crypto
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Caledon, Ontario (Canada)

Re: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES

Postby Crypto » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:32 pm

Lintime Sinker wrote:Thks u so much for this work.
Where can i find the video from the txt doc ?



The scenes marked as having been collected are all on 20 DVDs I have. And most of these clips are copied from VHS tapes provided by Dave Lodoski years back.
______\o/_______
The Crypto Knight

User avatar
Lintime Sinker
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES

Postby Lintime Sinker » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:26 pm

How can we buy all ?

User avatar
TK421
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Re: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES

Postby TK421 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:53 am

Lintime Sinker wrote:How can we buy all ?


I could be wrong here but I think what Crypto is trying to allude to is he has the material but they are not for sale. This is the point of the list: So you can find the movies or scenes on your own and add them to your collection. The list helps alleviate the footwork of hunting down the scenes in question.

If you want the scenes, you’re probably gonna need to do what we all do and that is seek the usual suspects (Prime Video, Ebay, Amazon, etc) to find the movies and buy them for the scenes that are contained in them. Most of the major or widely known scenes are out there with a simple google search while the rarer scenes will take some more work.

Crypto and Dave are more than welcome to correct me if I’m off but selling scenes from movies (that are still under copyright) is a slippery slope which is why I think Dave stopped doing it some time ago.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

User avatar
dlodoski
Site Sponsor
Posts: 7802
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 am
Location: The Land of Ooze
Contact:

Re: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES

Postby dlodoski » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:29 am

TK421 wrote: ....If you want the scenes, you’re probably gonna need to do what we all do and that is seek the usual suspects (Prime Video, Ebay, Amazon, etc) to find the movies and buy them for the scenes that are contained in them. Most of the major or widely known scenes are out there with a simple google search while the rarer scenes will take some more work.

Crypto and Dave are more than welcome to correct me if I’m off but selling scenes from movies (that are still under copyright) is a slippery slope which is why I think Dave stopped doing it some time ago.

Ah, clip tapes. Those actually started (pretty much) pre-internet and ended not long after we started shooting original content. I doubt anyone here remembers or realizes this, but all of the proceeds (and then some) went into .... looking for more clips. :mrgreen: For about a year, I was spending several hundred dollars a week on speculation purchases from a handful of providers. Anyone ever heard of Video Search of Miami? Hehehe

I still pick up the odd DVD and Blu Ray, but none of those purchases are on speculation.

As it happens, I have been preparing for a renewed effort at http://www.quicksandmovies.net/. As with many other projects, the scale of what could be done feels insurmountable. But everything starts with a beginning, and I am already past that. ;)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!
http://www.clubmpv.com/
http://www.quicksandvisuals.com/
http://www.mudpuddlevisuals.com/
http://www.muddypinays.com/
http://www.soakedpinays.com/
Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

User avatar
TK421
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Re: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES

Postby TK421 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:32 am

dlodoski wrote:
TK421 wrote: ....If you want the scenes, you’re probably gonna need to do what we all do and that is seek the usual suspects (Prime Video, Ebay, Amazon, etc) to find the movies and buy them for the scenes that are contained in them. Most of the major or widely known scenes are out there with a simple google search while the rarer scenes will take some more work.

Crypto and Dave are more than welcome to correct me if I’m off but selling scenes from movies (that are still under copyright) is a slippery slope which is why I think Dave stopped doing it some time ago.

Ah, clip tapes. Those actually started (pretty much) pre-internet and ended not long after we started shooting original content. I doubt anyone here remembers or realizes this, but all of the proceeds (and then some) went into .... looking for more clips. :mrgreen: For about a year, I was spending several hundred dollars a week on speculation purchases from a handful of providers. Anyone ever heard of Video Search of Miami? Hehehe

I still pick up the odd DVD and Blu Ray, but none of those purchases are on speculation.

As it happens, I have been preparing for a renewed effort at http://www.quicksandmovies.net/. As with many other projects, the scale of what could be done feels insurmountable. But everything starts with a beginning, and I am already past that. ;)


I clearly remember fighting the intermittent drop outs in service because phone calls were kicking me offline during those days. :lol:

If I remember correctly, I bought two off of you right after I purchased the “Jewel of Doom” VHS (which has two other scenes on there).
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

User avatar
TAP_bagan
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:06 am
Location: Blubberton TX
Contact:

Re: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES

Postby TAP_bagan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:26 am

dlodoski wrote:
TK421 wrote: ....If you want the scenes, you’re probably gonna need to do what we all do and that is seek the usual suspects (Prime Video, Ebay, Amazon, etc) to find the movies and buy them for the scenes that are contained in them. Most of the major or widely known scenes are out there with a simple google search while the rarer scenes will take some more work.

Crypto and Dave are more than welcome to correct me if I’m off but selling scenes from movies (that are still under copyright) is a slippery slope which is why I think Dave stopped doing it some time ago.

Ah, clip tapes. Those actually started (pretty much) pre-internet and ended not long after we started shooting original content. I doubt anyone here remembers or realizes this, but all of the proceeds (and then some) went into .... looking for more clips. :mrgreen: For about a year, I was spending several hundred dollars a week on speculation purchases from a handful of providers. Anyone ever heard of Video Search of Miami? Hehehe

I still pick up the odd DVD and Blu Ray, but none of those purchases are on speculation.

As it happens, I have been preparing for a renewed effort at http://www.quicksandmovies.net/. As with many other projects, the scale of what could be done feels insurmountable. But everything starts with a beginning, and I am already past that. ;)


Any chance on getting the download links working in the clip section?
My DeviantART Account http://tapbagan.deviantart.com/
Discord Account: TAPbagan #4746
Steam Acccount: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tapbagan/
I take Manip requests, PM me if you have one.

User avatar
dlodoski
Site Sponsor
Posts: 7802
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 am
Location: The Land of Ooze
Contact:

Finding Clips and So On

Postby dlodoski » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:07 pm

TAP_bagan wrote:
dlodoski wrote:.... As it happens, I have been preparing for a renewed effort at http://www.quicksandmovies.net/. As with many other projects, the scale of what could be done feels insurmountable. But everything starts with a beginning, and I am already past that. ;)

Any chance on getting the download links working in the clip section?

I did not realize they weren't functioning. Should be an easy fix. I might be at the office later today. If so, I'll definitely take a look.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!
http://www.clubmpv.com/
http://www.quicksandvisuals.com/
http://www.mudpuddlevisuals.com/
http://www.muddypinays.com/
http://www.soakedpinays.com/
Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

User avatar
dlodoski
Site Sponsor
Posts: 7802
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 am
Location: The Land of Ooze
Contact:

Re: Finding Clips and So On

Postby dlodoski » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:16 pm

dlodoski wrote:
TAP_bagan wrote:
dlodoski wrote:.... As it happens, I have been preparing for a renewed effort at http://www.quicksandmovies.net/. As with many other projects, the scale of what could be done feels insurmountable. But everything starts with a beginning, and I am already past that. ;)

Any chance on getting the download links working in the clip section?

I did not realize they weren't functioning. Should be an easy fix. I might be at the office later today. If so, I'll definitely take a look.

Can you give me an example or two of links that don't work? I just did some spot checking, and they seem ok.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!
http://www.clubmpv.com/
http://www.quicksandvisuals.com/
http://www.mudpuddlevisuals.com/
http://www.muddypinays.com/
http://www.soakedpinays.com/
Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

User avatar
TAP_bagan
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:06 am
Location: Blubberton TX
Contact:

Re: Finding Clips and So On

Postby TAP_bagan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:34 pm

dlodoski wrote:
dlodoski wrote:
TAP_bagan wrote:
dlodoski wrote:.... As it happens, I have been preparing for a renewed effort at http://www.quicksandmovies.net/. As with many other projects, the scale of what could be done feels insurmountable. But everything starts with a beginning, and I am already past that. ;)

Any chance on getting the download links working in the clip section?

I did not realize they weren't functioning. Should be an easy fix. I might be at the office later today. If so, I'll definitely take a look.

Can you give me an example or two of links that don't work? I just did some spot checking, and they seem ok.

Sheena "Divas of the Jungle"
http://www.mpvstuff.com.com/clips/sheena3f.mp4
Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead
http://www.mpvstuff.com.com/clips/shoottheliving.mp4

Thats just two examples, there's a quite a few others.
My DeviantART Account http://tapbagan.deviantart.com/
Discord Account: TAPbagan #4746
Steam Acccount: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tapbagan/
I take Manip requests, PM me if you have one.


Return to “Nuggets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests