Game Shows with quicksand or similar things

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
cabeca

Game Shows with quicksand or similar things

Postby cabeca » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:33 pm

Hey guys!

I think that all of us know Dero, Exit (including Arabic), Escape (from Russia), Chamber of Stars (from Japan). Do you know more game shows including quicksand or similar something?

sand_quick

Re: Game Shows with quicksand or similar things

Postby sand_quick » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:26 am

There was a British game show for children called "On Safari" that aired in the UK for four seasons between 1982 and 1988. It featured a series of jungle-related tasks, including crossing a homemade swamp that was made to look like quicksand. The teams comprised a kid and their parent (or a celebrity in later seasons). The swamp increased in size significantly in the latter seasons. There are some clips on YouTube.
Last edited by sand_quick on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 am

La piscina legal - Brazilian game show. Watch on youtube. Just awesome!

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:09 am

A while back I was watching a episode of Family Fude (host at the time I believe was Richard Karn from Home Imporvement) Anyways one catagory was Things you sink in. Surprsingly not a single response of quicksand was given by anyone and not a single answer was quicksand.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:19 am

jagfiles wrote:A while back I was watching a episode of Family Fude (host at the time I believe was Richard Karn from Home Imporvement) Anyways one catagory was Things you sink in. Surprsingly not a single response of quicksand was given by anyone and not a single answer was quicksand.

Yeah, I think that's total bull. Quicksand had to be at least somewhere on the list if these surveys were real.

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:06 pm

Exactly. Quicksand should have been the number one answer

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:08 pm

On Password quite some time ago when one contestant was giving clues to the word in question she had to give hints on the word Quicksand. The other contestant got it no sweat

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:49 pm

I would like to see a game show that involves sinking in quicksand, and not leaving it until a certain amount of time passes.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

Madagaskar3

Postby Madagaskar3 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:32 pm

beachbum wrote:La piscina legal - Brazilian game show. Watch on youtube. Just awesome!

Cant seem to find it, could you please link the playlist?

Das

Postby Das » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:40 am

This is a lousy addition, but the game show "Scrabble" with Chuck Wollery(?) had the clue...
"You find it in an hourglass..."
Answer: Quicksand

Now that I think about it, it makes Aladdin more Apres' Pros.

Return to “Nuggets”